Sponsored

Best Option for Cargo Security w/ Top Off?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
This is another related question in this "top off security" discussion.

What do you think of the need for side panels in the area between the rear door and the roll bar? I'm using itstotalbacon's picture to illustrate the area.

This could keep wandering arms from reaching in and opening the rear door. I realize the alarm would sound but that alone doesn't stop many people.

Just food for thought. Let me know what you think.
Sponsored

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited sport s
dont keep anything in the car that cant be put in the glove compartment, center console or the covered trunk area and locked... if you dont have the doors on that point would be mute

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
dont keep anything in the car that cant be put in the glove compartment, center console or the covered trunk area and locked... if you dont have the doors on that point would be mute
Yes, obviously keep everything out of sight...

However, my question is only for topless days with doors on.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
This is another related question in this "top off security" discussion.

What do you think of the need for side panels in the area between the rear door and the roll bar? I'm using itstotalbacon's picture to illustrate the area.

This could keep wandering arms from reaching in and opening the rear door. I realize the alarm would sound but that alone doesn't stop many people.

Just food for thought. Let me know what you think.
I didn’t even know you could open the rear door from the inside. I thought once the tailgate is locked the only way was with the key fob.

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, obviously keep everything out of sight...

However, my question is only for topless days with doors on.
Same answer. Make sure it is locked up in one of those areas and dont worry about it. the doors wont unlock without they key fob near it

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
you can.. the alarm will go off tho
This is what I'm talking about. You can easily reach in and open the door. I've tried it.

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what I'm talking about. You can easily reach in and open the door. I've tried it.
what are you trying to put in the jeep that wont fit in one of those places? when I go to the store i put everything in back and dont worry about it anymore since its locked up

TylerBear

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Franchise Owner
I am interested in getting the Slipstream. Is it only available through diabolical? Do they offer member discounts? Thank you in advance.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I am interested in getting the Slipstream. Is it only available through diabolical? Do they offer member discounts? Thank you in advance.
You can message ZeroFox on this forum. He's with Diabolocal and can provide info about any current discounts.

Sponsored

Work hard play hard

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
I have the Tuffy for the Subwoofer. Love it. You cannot access it from the front with the lid on so anything in it is secure if the rear gate is closed. I keep all of my fire gear in there and then use the lid for carrying items. I added stick-on carpet tiles to the top of my lid and use these to secure items if I'm carrying anything:

https://www.amazon.com/Stayhold-Tru...ER68YM79PD9&psc=1&refRID=1R4YKGQGBER68YM79PD9

so far no issues with items flying.
I'm curious if you tuffy rattles at all with your subwoffer. I ussume you are speaking of having only the one factory subwoffer? I am getting 2 Alpine R series 10" subs installed. Looking to protect them from theft, but worried about the rattling.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I use Cargo Dog.

This is for when you pull your back seats. It has three locking compartments. Super easy to install, American made by an awesome guy.

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ok for those saying you can open the rear door from the inside, when locked….. how?

There is no latch or handle. What trickery are you using to accomplish this? Isn’t this the point of the cargo area panel being secure with the door closed?
Sponsored