Best online wheel and tire site

Ponce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Retired USMC. Currently USMC pilot instructor
I am getting ready to order wheels and tires for my JLUR. This will be my first time ordering these online. My hope is to get them as a set. I have narrowed it down to 3 Fuel wheels, endro , beast or vector. And ko2s 315/70/17.

Just looking to get pointers from those of you that have ordered online.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
discounttiredirect.com

You can get a sweet set of wheels+tires+mounting/balancing delivered to your door for the same money guys on this forum are trying to get for used factory take-offs. Lol.

Tire rack sucks. They're more expensive AND they charge you for shipping.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
discounttiredirect.com

You can get a sweet set of wheels+tires+mounting/balancing delivered to your door for the same money guys on this forum are trying to get for used factory take-offs. Lol.

Tire rack sucks. They're more expensive AND they charge you for shipping.
5 Rubicon-spec tires alone is going to cost you 1165 on discount tire. Assuming an average value of, and I'm low-balling it here, $100/wheel, you're looking at over 1600 for wheels and tires. Buying takeoff wheel/tire is going to be cheaper every time. Plus, Rubicon takeoff wheels are very nice looking. I'll give you that they are quite thin though.

Sure, you'll save money at discount tire over tirerack, but the wheel options are typically limited to a few aftermarket brands on both sites. The savings again begins to fall away when mount/balance isn't included because you have your own wheels.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
5 Rubicon-spec tires alone is going to cost you 1165 on discount tire. Assuming an average value of, and I'm low-balling it here, $100/wheel, you're looking at over 1600 for wheels and tires. Buying takeoff wheel/tire is going to be cheaper every time. Plus, Rubicon takeoff wheels are very nice looking. I'll give you that they are quite thin though.

Sure, you'll save money at discount tire over tirerack, but the wheel options are typically limited to a few aftermarket brands on both sites. The savings again begins to fall away when mount/balance isn't included because you have your own wheels.
That's why you don't buy Rubicon spec tires. There are far better tires on the market in terms of quality, traction, and price. I was shopping 35s and there were several options that would have put me below $1,500 for wheels plus tires delivered. If we're talking 33s, my last set of wheels plus tires from DTD was right at $1,000. Granted, I don't usually buy 5 because the spare can still be used as just that...a spare. My only point is that given the choice between used factory take-offs with high positive offset and C rated tires in 33" size, and brand new wheels with better looking offset and larger meatier tires, I'm taking option B for the money every time.

Used to be, you could pick up a set of Rubicon take offs for around $600 and that was more reasonable.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You can't compare 4 tires to 5 tires and say you're saving money on one over the other. The average going price for 5 rubi takeoffs is around 1250. That's dirt cheap, and the KO2 is a fantastic tire.

Slyderzero1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'54 Chevy PU, '07 HD FLHTCUI, '15 Ram 4x4, '18 Mojito Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Find your best price, then go to your local aftermarket dealer and try for a price match.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Craigslist or the marketplace on this forum. 😊👍

If you don’t mind “like new” and saving thousands, I’d start there. Yes, I bought my wheels new from ExtremeTerrain, but I got my tires on Craigslist for a fraction of the cost of new, and they barely had 400 miles on them! I may never buy new tires again! 😉
Sponsored