TFADS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU 2.0 (EU specs)
Hi guys,

facing the same problem with my JLUR 2018 2.0L.

Even worse since I am in Germany (EU model, so no fancy mild hybrid, just the turbo 2.0L) and we barely have any API classification used on this side of the Atlantic.

On the EU owner manual though a second option is listed in case the MS-13340 is not available (which is exactly the case since the main EU classification is the ACEA one and not the API one).

The second option listed in the manual is SAE 0W-30 ACEA C2 (equivalent to API SN) full synthetic oil fulfilling the FCA standard 9.55535-GS1 (which turns out to be a FIAT one).

The last oil change was done by the dealer, with not exactly the greatest oil of the world. I thought this time I am doing it myself and invest the money into a better oil.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I'll that meets specs and a Wix filter

jeep-v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0T
I changed my oil at 4.7K and used Mobil1 5w-30 SN PLUS (no explicit FCA MS-13340 certification) from Walmart and Wix 57060XP filter. Few hundreds miles later I noticed occasional pronounced clanking during cold starts during midday (hottest temp) on very hot days only. It disappears after engine gets worm in about 60 secs. It is mildly similar to U75 recall symptoms when they put 0w20 (reportedly) at the factory.

To make story short: I replaced it with Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 API SP( includes SN PLUS and FCA MS-13340 certification) and also switched to OEM Mopar filter (MO-339). After about 10 miles I drove initially to return old (new) oil I took first video next day and it still had some remnants of the noise for a few seconds (between 10-12 secs after start). Later, after 270 miles trip, the noise is completely gone. My guess: the Mobil1 is too thin at high temp cold start and caused valve train to make noise, after a while all of the remaining Mobil1 was pushed from hydraulics components and noise stopped. Why it is too thin? I do not know, maybe they just put 0w-30 to 5w-30 containers by mistake or other reasons.

Last edited:

Endder

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0 Turbo JL
Hi all. I am 100% new in the forum. I own a 4 cylinder 2.0 Turbo Unlimited Rubicon. I went to the dealer last week to make the first oil change and they put Selenia 5W20 oil in my car. I was complaining because it says 5w30 in my car manual book. The guys in the oficial garage said its the same thing and they dont want to replace it. I dont agree and I am worry that I can damage the engine if I drive with this 5W20. Please could you give me some help with this.. I would like which is the best oil for this engine. I my users manual talk about the 13340 MS 5W30.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
getting ready for first oil change. best aftermarket oil filter, or mopar? first oil change is coming up. i'll either be using mobil 1, or amazon synthetic.
Only good oil from Mobil is 0w-40 European. The rest brake down quickly in higher temp applications (like turbo).

Best oils (engine ware protection):
Amsoil
Renewable Lubricants Bio
Quaker state

I do conduct oil test on after oil changes and also there is this.
https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/

Sponsored

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl
Hi all. I am 100% new in the forum. I own a 4 cylinder 2.0 Turbo Unlimited Rubicon. I went to the dealer last week to make the first oil change and they put Selenia 5W20 oil in my car. I was complaining because it says 5w30 in my car manual book. The guys in the oficial garage said its the same thing and they dont want to replace it. I dont agree and I am worry that I can damage the engine if I drive with this 5W20. Please could you give me some help with this.. I would like which is the best oil for this engine. I my users manual talk about the 13340 MS 5W30.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english.
Your English is better than most Americans. I agree you want the recommended 5w-30. 5w-20 is not the same and "thinner" at operating temperatures. You might bring it up with the owner of the Dealership or Jeep HQ. I'll bet you get a free oil change As Soon As Possible.

Last edited:

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Endder

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0 Turbo JL
Your English is better than most Americans. I agree you want the recommended 5w-30. 5w-20 is not the same and "thinner" at operating temperatures. You might bring it up with the owner of the Dealership or Jeep HQ. I'll bet you get a free oil change As Soon As Possible.
Thanks a lot for your help! Yes I was complaining and waiting for an answer from the dealer, but not news for the moment. The problem is that I need to use the car, specially these days with all the xmas movement etc... I am thinking to make the oil change by myself at home, is not so difficult. Could you recommend which oil to use?
Merry Xmas!

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks a lot for your help! Yes I was complaining and waiting for an answer from the dealer, but not news for the moment. The problem is that I need to use the car, specially these days with all the xmas movement etc... I am thinking to make the oil change by myself at home, is not so difficult. Could you recommend which oil to use?
Merry Xmas!
I don't know what oil is available in Spain, but if you follow your owner's manual recommendations you will be fine. API does have a new SP certification that is improved over the previous SN or SN plus.

breakerbaker

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.0 JLU Sport S, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2003 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson Softtail
Occupation
Navy Doc
Has anyone looked on the bottle recently for the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum to see if it now meets MS-13340? I tried looking online but most of the information is from 2019 and early 2020.

Sponsored

2upertf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0 Billet Silver Metallic
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
I'm doing my first oil change in my JL this weekend. I had a question for all of you who have done this already, since the manual states the oil capacity is 5 quarts will I be ok to buy a 5 quart bottle or will I need an additional quart to allow for the oil filter as well. Planning to use the K&N HP-1017 filter.
Thanks for all the great info!

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm doing my first oil change in my JL this weekend. I had a question for all of you who have done this already, since the manual states the oil capacity is 5 quarts will I be ok to buy a 5 quart bottle or will I need an additional quart to allow for the oil filter as well. Planning to use the K&N HP-1017 filter.
Thanks for all the great info!
You'll be fine with a 5qt jug as the oil capacity includes what a stock sized oil filter will hold.

However, it's always good to have an extra quart or so on hand.....for those just in case moments.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Red Line Synthetic Oil 12205 - Red Line Professional Series Motor Oil. This is what I been using and couldn’t be happier!

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Picking my new Jeep up this Friday with the 2.0T. What oil does Jeep currently use at the dealerships when you take it in to get the oil changed for free in the Jeep wave program or whatever it's called? Is it any good?

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
Picking my new Jeep up this Friday with the 2.0T. What oil does Jeep currently use at the dealerships when you take it in to get the oil changed for free in the Jeep wave program or whatever it's called? Is it any good?
Jeep Wrangler JL best oil filter for 2.0 turbo? 26025345-3210-4975-A98B-36D6600582D8
Sponsored