Sponsored

Best Muffler "Delete" or Replacement For a Daily Driver?

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I've been running the MBRP Hi-Tuck Muffler delete for 2 years now and I love it. Sounds aggressive when you step on it but it's silent otherwise. I've put 25k miles on it and still no drone so I'd say it's perfect for daily driving. If you like the turbo whistle and exhaust pops this is the one for you.

Here are some videos from my YT channel:
-MBRP Muffler Delete Sound Clips
-MBRP Interior Sounds
Sounds good IMO! Do you have any other mods? Is it loud with the top off?
Sponsored

2DR OVRLND

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLR 2.0T / 2016 Polaris Ranger 900XP
Build Thread
Link
Sounds good IMO! Do you have any other mods? Is it loud with the top off?
The only other engine mods I have is the S&B Oiled Cold Air Intake- With the top off it sounds a bit more aggressive but still no drone.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Another proud owner of the Borla Touring Climber cat-back here. It's been on my JLUR for nearly 4 years and still looks and sounds like the day I installed it. As others have already stated, zero drone and only gives off a subtle and tasteful bass tone when off idle, so I will not be auditioning for the next fast and furious movie.

I've also added the Mishimoto intake and intercooler pipe and a Go Fast Bits DV+ diverter valve. Sooner or later, I'll be adding a tune that will take full advantage of all of these breathing upgrades.

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
I’ll add one I don’t recommend. I went with the AWE Trail edition. I did the J-Loop delete and exhaust and think it was around $650. It’s pretty loud when you get on it but not too bad around town. It definitely has some drone despite their claim of zero drone. On top of that, it is now making contact with the rear sway bar after the metalcloak lift. Again, shit happens, but I specifically asked them if this would be a problem prior to ordering (it was a relatively new option at the time) and was assured it’s not a problem. Now I have to get longer hangers or find some way to drop it a half inch to avoid contact which makes the most obnoxious “tinging” sound under acceleration. Just a FYI

Sponsored

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
I was putting on a rear track bar and noticed that the OEM muffler clamp/bolt was rusted to hell. It's pretty much the only thing rusted on my Jeep. But the clamp itself was spot-welded to the muffler so replacing the clamp was a no-go without grinding. So I went through options and chose the MBRP straight pipe (muffler delete). Loved the clearance and minimalism. BUT...it's super "tingy" (to quote an earlier post), and to me it was super obnoxious. I drove it back from my local shop and was pretty much embarrassed the entire way home.

I wanted to love it, and quite a few owners do. But I hated it from moment one. Just my personal feelings on not wanting my 4-cylinder to sound more like a lawnmower than it already does.

I ended up putting on an AWE Mach Force high-tuck. It was pricey (shy of $600), but it sounds 100% better. It DOES drone a bit, but it's not obnoxiously "tingy" or making me sound like a 17-yo with a 1996 Honda civic with a "too fast to be furious" muffler anymore, so I'm happy with it.

Side note, save your old OEM muffler. I didn't. Putting that back on wasn't an option because I'm dumb and didn't ask them to save it for me. Getting a new OEM muffler was pretty difficult at the time (like backordered for months and nobody had them when I needed it within 30-days or so) as well.

I ended up wrapping it to protect the plastic cargo-box which is exposed a bit on one side underneath. AFE does give you a stick-on heat shield, but I just didn't trust that all the way, so wrapping it is my backup plan to ensure I don't jack my cargo tray/subwoofer up from the heat.

ALL THAT...to say, save your OEM muffler. Get yourself a muffler rubber-bracket removal tool too...like $11 bucks or so. Because you can do all the work yourself and save a hundred or so from a local shop taking your old one off and putting your new one on. It's just too simple to not do yourself imo.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Muffler "Delete" or Replacement For a Daily Driver? AFE Exhaust.JPG

Reactions: AFD

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Personally been eyeballing the Borla Climber cat back system for my two door with the 2.0L, but they say it won’t work with the 4WD Auto transfer case. I do not have eTorque.

Also, it’s my preference to keep sound levels similar to stock… the 2.0L sounds like a sewing machine to me, and I see it as part of its charm, but I don’t necessary want to advertise it! 🤣

Has anyone confirmed themselves that this actually doesn’t fit? I asked Borla about a year ago and they said it wouldn’t work, but sometimes that’s because nobody has tested it with that configuration.

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
I have a JLUR 3.6 6-speed and replaced the stock muffler with a MBRP high tuck cat back exhaust as I kept hitting and denting the large exhaust box coming down some of the larger rocks when offroading, plus smashing the exhaust tip.

It's extremely good quality and tucked within the frame rail. For offroading its awesome. pics:

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Muffler "Delete" or Replacement For a Daily Driver? 20230620_190630

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Muffler "Delete" or Replacement For a Daily Driver? 20230620_190635

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Muffler "Delete" or Replacement For a Daily Driver? 20230620_190654_001

When cruising below 2k rpm and very light on the throttle it's actually decently quiet.

However once you apply more go pedal and increase rpm it becomes obnoxiously loud (and this coming from a guy who used to own a vortech supercharged/cams/head/longtube exhaust 306ci fox body mustang).

I'm actually going to have a 2nd resonator added to the current one in a couple of weeks to quiet the exhaust note down.
Sponsored