Sponsored

Best Muffler "Delete" or Replacement For a Daily Driver?

19jlusahara

First Name
Bryan and Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
We installed the Borla Climber cat-back to get rid of the eye sore that is the factory muffler. Its a little louder on the cold start but its a low bass tone. Unless you are very familiar with the sound of 2.0 from the factory you wouldn't know it has been changed. Zero drone when going down the road at any speed. It has been a great product and simple to install in the driveway.

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I'll chime in I tried the 'delete' - the straight pipe sounds like warmed-over dog shit.
Most of the aftermarket 'cat back' mufflers are way too expensive and don't do much.
I installed the Borla Climber Touring cat-back and it sounds amazing. like 19jlusahara says ^^^ it's way better than anything else.

OP
OP
ArcadeTracks

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
check out a lot of you tube videos but always watch on the same device so get best comparison of sound difference.
Good point about the sounds over different device speakers! If I get my Rubicon in time, I'll try to head out to a local Go Topless event and listen to what other people have in person!

APiratesLife4Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Clubs

A huge boulder decided for me that the stock muffler is in harm's way. I cut it off to get me home and it sounded awful! (2.0 engine) I am running the Savvy/Magnaflow muffler. It's tiny and out of the way, but still a little louder than I would have wanted, though I think it sounds pretty good.

If you're considering a delete or straight pipe, just take your stock muffler off and see what you think. I bet you'll want some sort of muffler after driving it around a little.

Either way, don't just leave it off forever because you're blasting exhaust gases straight at your rear driver brake disk/caliper area.

Sponsored

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
I went with a Injen high tuck exhaust, it is a little pricey $700 or so but the build quality is great, and it sounds nice when you put the hammer down, but relatively quiet in normal driving. Had it for a year, very pleased. Tried the muffler delete, it got irritating pretty fast.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
I did the dynomax muffler delete for 2 days and returned to amazon. it didnt sound terrible (not great either), but you needed to cut a notch in it to mate properly as the stock midpipe has a stud sticking out. and then no matter how good it was clamped I had an exhaust leak. it was junk.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I did the muffler delete on my 3.6. 1) I actually wheel and knew that muffler would eventually get beat up or drag on rocks 2) the muffler delete clears up a lot of space and stays tucked up nicely 3) the sound or drone isn’t terrible to me and with the 5.13s and HikeIt it actually matches the obnoxious sound :rock: 4) it was in my budget 5) I ain’t an old man yet, civic guys get their doors blown off
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Muffler "Delete" or Replacement For a Daily Driver? 90FEEC53-73FE-4A59-B127-CE468AF30F60

ForgottenTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Sarge Green JLU Willys
Your Jeep is probably going to sound like a Honda in the hood if you take that muffler off. 🤣

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I tried the muffler delete thing on my 3.6. Stayed not even 24hrs and it was off and for sale. Damn the added sound was annoying !!! my jeep buddy (dog) had fright in his eyes and didn’t know WTF was going on. Not for me. It was the Dynomax stainless steel higher end delete.

Sponsored

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If anything, I'd want an aftermarket muffler/exhaust solution for my 4xe to make it quieter, not louder. Unfortunately it seems like every single muffler mfgr assumes everyone wants louder exhaust.

If someone made a catback exhaust system that tucks up higher/tighter and reduces the sound by a couple dB (or even just keeps the stock sound), I bet it would sell like crazy.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I installed a Borla "Climber" catback exhaust on my 2.0L and really like it. It sounds good around town unless you let the RPM drop below 2K, then it starts to drone a little.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
I have the Magnaflow street series axle back muffler on my 3.6. It has a deep mellow sound to it, but not real noisy. No Drone. I really like it. No experience with the 2.0. What I do know is that when my Neighbor starts his up, to me it sounds like a sewing machine. Some may like that high pitched whiney sound, but that is not my thing. Hopefully there is a muffler out there that will tone it down........

2DR OVRLND

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLR 2.0T / 2016 Polaris Ranger 900XP
Build Thread
Link
2 Door soft-top Rubicon, 2.0 Turbo. It's going to be my daily driver with occasional off-roading. (And probably top off as much as possible.) I'm looking at a delete because I'm guessing I'm going to accidentally rip off or destroy the low-hanging muffler on a trail if I don't physically remove it myself. I also figure if I get one installed quickly, I might not notice/mind the sound difference as much as if I run stock for a while, then switch.
Right now I'm leaning towards the DynoMax 39537 Muffler Elimination Pipe or the MBRP Axle-Back Exhaust. (💰🐦) But, it also doesn't look too hard to trade the stock muffler with one of the pipes. Could I just do that when I plan to go have some fun, then switch back -- or would it be a lot of random work + too much wear and tear on the bolts and other parts?
I've been running the MBRP Hi-Tuck Muffler delete for 2 years now and I love it. Sounds aggressive when you step on it but it's silent otherwise. I've put 25k miles on it and still no drone so I'd say it's perfect for daily driving. If you like the turbo whistle and exhaust pops this is the one for you.

Here are some videos from my YT channel:
-MBRP Muffler Delete Sound Clips
-MBRP Interior Sounds

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I went with Injen, I liked their CAI and the look of the high tuck axle back. I did have to go back to it this week and grind off the indexing rivet on the mid pipe that the OE muffler aligned with - initially I tried to get the new muffler pipe over and past it before clamping it on, but sure enough it came loose. Nothing a dremel cutting wheel couldn't fix! I love the sound, much better than stock.
Sponsored