Best method to hang JL doors in garage?

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Having to find hinge type hangers for the half doors - can’t hang from top of doors as you can imagine.
Anyone happy with this type from a certain manu?
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Offroad concepts is what I went with. The stowaway. Just need a way to separate the doors from resting slightly against each other. It came with some brackets and bungee that I can probably use — though unsure as to attachment points yet.

0EEF79B1-FBD3-4C94-B1F2-49BC4F1C8EF5.jpeg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Offroad concepts is what I went with. The stowaway. Just need a way to separate the doors from resting slightly against each other. It came with some brackets and bungee that I can probably use — though unsure as to attachment points yet.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? 0EEF79B1-FBD3-4C94-B1F2-49BC4F1C8EF5
Are those the half doors did you order those with your new Jeep ? So the Jeep comes with the regular doors and you get an extra set of half doors is that how they do it?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? 0EEF79B1-FBD3-4C94-B1F2-49BC4F1C8EF5
Looks good 👍🏻. I almost went with offroad concepts for my half doors. I was looking at their two door solution since mine is on a wall that needs to stay thin kinda :). I ended up grabbing a set of Rugged Ridge off FB pretty cheap and works well. You will see I already had ARCs mounted before I bought set of half doors. I still prefer the ARCs for full doors. I keep a thin piece of foam between armrest and wall, may work for you between doors. 🤷‍♂️

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? EE2C6507-E3CD-4C8F-81B7-5BC58B77ED4D

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are those the half doors did you order those with your new Jeep ? So the Jeep comes with the regular doors and you get an extra set of half doors is that how they do it?
Yep, they're the half doors that came with my 392 in addition to the full doors.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good 👍🏻. I almost went with offroad concepts for my half doors. I was looking at their two door solution since mine is on a wall that needs to stay thin kinda :). I ended up grabbing a set of Rugged Ridge off FB pretty cheap and works well. You will see I already had ARCs mounted before I bought set of half doors. I still prefer the ARCs for full doors. I keep a thin piece of foam between armrest and wall, may work for you between doors. 🤷‍♂️

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? EE2C6507-E3CD-4C8F-81B7-5BC58B77ED4D
Nice! Went with off road concepts because I didn't want them sticking too far out from the wall. With all four doors mounted, they're only 15" from the wall. The only challenge I'm having now (well, only because I haven't had time to give it much thought yet), is that the outer doors tend to sit up against the paint of the doors behind them. Not ideal. They sent me some brackets with the stowaway and some bungee that appear to be to tie them back, but at least for the half doors, I don't know where they'd attach to.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Hi all, is there any concern with the ARC branded hangers causing stress on the door assembly/frame? Meaning, does the weight of the door stress the door window frame since there's no support carrying the weight underneath?

I swear I recall in my JKU days this was an issue due to the construction of the door... or maybe it was the TJ door assemblies seeing stress cracks in the paint.

Either way, the ARC solution seems the easiest and "cleanest" install so I'd like to go this route.

Thank you

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Went with off road concepts because I didn't want them sticking too far out from the wall. With all four doors mounted, they're only 15" from the wall. The only challenge I'm having now (well, only because I haven't had time to give it much thought yet), is that the outer doors tend to sit up against the paint of the doors behind them. Not ideal. They sent me some brackets with the stowaway and some bungee that appear to be to tie them back, but at least for the half doors, I don't know where they'd attach to.
I looked at 4dr model also. I was considering mounting with interior facing each other which put painted side facing wall on inside set. That way could just put thin piece packing foam between door handle and wall. Many options since these doors weigh nothing 👍🏻

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, is there any concern with the ARC branded hangers causing stress on the door assembly/frame? Meaning, does the weight of the door stress the door window frame since there's no support carrying the weight underneath?

I swear I recall in my JKU days this was an issue due to the construction of the door... or maybe it was the TJ door assemblies seeing stress cracks in the paint.

Either way, the ARC solution seems the easiest and "cleanest" install so I'd like to go this route.

Thank you
I’ve only used for one season however I can’t see how it puts too much stress on doors since the lip sets in the window channel. 🤷‍♂️

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? FE48C0A6-59FC-47BE-8B7C-144B8DB7AB0A

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I’ve only used for one season however I can’t see how it puts too much stress on doors since the lip sets in the window channel. 🤷‍♂️

Jeep Wrangler JL Best method to hang JL doors in garage? FE48C0A6-59FC-47BE-8B7C-144B8DB7AB0A
I'm not worried about stressing the weather stripping or channel as the design of the hangers addresses those concerns. I am more concerned about the entire weight of the door being carried/supported by the window frame itself. I'm probably making a bigger deal out of it than necessary.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at 4dr model also. I was considering mounting with interior facing each other which put painted side facing wall on inside set. That way could just put thin piece packing foam between door handle and wall. Many options since these doors weigh nothing 👍🏻
There's actually two 4dr models now. I bought the "stowaway" where the bars fold into the wall when not in use.

I might try that route though, that's a good idea.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not worried about stressing the weather stripping or channel as the design of the hangers addresses those concerns. I am more concerned about the entire weight of the door being carried/supported by the window frame itself. I'm probably making a bigger deal out of it than necessary.
Maybe, but good question. I haven’t read anything on that concern yet but could be valid. The difference may be JL doors seem pretty light actually.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Just use an old kids blanket or cut down a larger unused blanket to protect the doors. If they do contact it likely won't leave a mark unless they are hit pretty hard

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

Correct it goes inside the rubber in the door so it doesn't put any weight on the rubber seal

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
39514948_10211312335702173_4198820102277169152_o.jpg
I hang our JKU doors flat along one garage wall, but using:
1 2x4 run continuously, about 6ft off the ground- this is screwed to each stud with a 3.5" deck screw.
4x ~10" piece of 2x4, spaced to accommodate all 4 doors; fastened to the 1st 2x4 with another deck screw off to one side.
4x ~6" piece of 3/4" ply, that stands up by an inch or so. held with another deck screw opposite of the 1st one in the block. I might staple some carpet scrap in there to protect the door frame, but as long as you don't slam the doors up there, I oubt the wood will damage anything. I had everything laying around, but I'd be less than $10 into it.
I followed your lead @MrKnowitall. I had all the materials lying around. I did have to make mine longer than the standard 2x4x8 prolly closer to 10' (your photo is deceiving), bumped out the ledge by another 1/2" and covered it in carpet but it was great to only need some 4" wood screws!

Thanks for the idea!

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG
Sponsored