Best method to hang JL doors in garage?

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I contacted off-road concepts and told them they should not be advertising this for the JL. It just doesn’t work it wasn’t meant for the JL. I told them they need to just make it specific for the JK or need to do a complete re-design for the JL. I’ll see what they say

image.jpg

image.jpg
This was my fear. Thank you for showing this - tough for me to imagine the door components without actually owning the JL yet. This is a bummer.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Ok, I think I see what you’re saying, thank you. My plan was to go with the 2- two door mounts, but I’m guessing this also won't work because the center mount location is still too close to one another. Maybe I'll just go with the ARC - I just wanted something clean that will also hold tube doors in the future.
Yes they work good on the tube doors also all you do is get some black foam like a black little noodle. Sit it inside the tray as you can see I used some black noodles and then they sit right inside with no problem

Screenshot_20200816-171405_Gallery.jpg

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Yes they work good on the tube doors also all you do is get some black foam like a black little noodle. Sit it inside the tray as you can see I used some black noodles and then they sit right inside with no problem

Screenshot_20200816-171405_Gallery.jpg
This is excellent - thank you!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Push those door arms all the way into the door and problem solved. Unless I'm following this part of the thread incorrectly.
I've never done it but according to guys in this forum pushing in those door checks would be a big mistake. Supposedly they're a big pain in the neck to get back out.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've never done it but according to guys in this forum pushing in those door checks would be a big mistake. Supposedly they're a big pain in the neck to get back out.
See my video. Definitely a non issue as they are designed to be pushed all the way in. Getting them out is easy.

Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
See my video. Definitely a non issue as they are designed to be pushed all the way in. Getting them out is easy.
Thanks for sharing. I’m always careful to avoid letting those checks retract into the doors. But it appears it’s not the end of the world. Excellent solution.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Thanks for sharing. I’m always careful to avoid letting those checks retract into the doors. But it appears it’s not the end of the world. Excellent solution.
Thanks for the great video it does suck the way that thing to push in I don't know why they made it push in like that ? one guy had a video where he took his off but I would never try it he had to take the whole door panel off the window out too much of a hassle . It would probably cost $300 or more to have the dealer or somebody do it. I wouldn't try it but what a hassle why did they make it work like that what a bed design too easily push in. So just put the rope on it and it pulls right out ?

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for the great video it does suck the way that thing to push in I don't know why they made it push in like that ? one guy had a video where he took his off but I would never try it he had to take the whole door panel off the window out too much of a hassle . It would probably cost $300 or more to have the dealer or somebody do it. I wouldn't try it but what a hassle why did they make it work like that what a bed design too easily push in. So just put the rope on it and it pulls right out ?
It's meant to push in that far as some people keep the door retainer disconnected full time and it then will not contact the body of the Jeep when the door is closed.. I keep it disconnected during the summer when we frequently take off the doors or switch to tube doors. Four less bolts to deal with. For me it's not a big issue and perhaps the same for you once you find a way to easily get them back out.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It's meant to push in that far as some people keep the door retainer disconnected full time and it then will not contact the body of the Jeep when the door is closed.. I keep it disconnected during the summer when we frequently take off the doors or switch to tube doors. Four less bolts to deal with. For me it's not a big issue and perhaps the same for you once you find a way to easily get them back out.
If we just put them in parmalee then the door will swing open and not click but isn't that how the JK was anyway

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If we just put them in parmalee then the door will swing open and not click but isn't that how the JK was anyway
Yes, the the way the JK worked. I don't mind it free swinging as long as I have the strap connected to keep it from swinging into the body.

Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah.

It fixes the doors so that they’re floppy and jeepy like all proper Jeep doors before it.

This was an unwelcome and unneeded change, though thankfully one easily addressed.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Like I said one guy took his off but it was too much involved I wish they were easy to push in as it to pull out

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Great video and great idea Swim. I’ve been so careful to not let those things go inside the door because guys have made it sound like you need a tractor to get them out.
I’m not worried now. Thanks pal.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said one guy took his off but it was too much involved I wish they were easy to push in as it to pull out
Pushing in I would imagine should be easy. Just tape a little square of cloth at the end so it doesn’t scratch your door jam paint and gently close your door while the door check is unbolted.
Sponsored