Sponsored

Best looking and functioning aftermarket half doors with uppers.

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Just couldn't get myself to pay $4000 for OEM half doors for my 2022 order. What's a good aftermarket option that seals decent and doesn't look like it was built in a high school shop class?
Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I really can't understand why the aftermarket isn't there. I really want mopar half doors but man are the costly.
... and there is no way I'd put tube doors on.I think they look like something that got whipped up in a buddies garage at 2 am.

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
I really can't understand why the aftermarket isn't there. I really want mopar half doors but man are the costly.
... and there is no way I'd put tube doors on.I think they look like something that got whipped up in a buddies garage at 2 am.
I love my mopar tube doors. But I would only rock those or warn. Others I don’t really like. Now if I can find a rear set I’ll be happy. If I can order my jeep again ill definitely opt for the half doors. They look so good with the top off.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best looking and functioning aftermarket half doors with uppers. 1E2B4A8B-EA1F-4633-A770-79FAF52B7D8D

RZ.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 Sport S
Occupation
Blueprints & Tarot
Was really hoping this thread would find some traction.

No half-door experience here, I'm just halfway down that road from discovery to desire to posession, so far.

These are currently at the top of my list:
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JLHD2-F.html

Looks great (on the outside, anyway) & priced right - they're probably a disaster for install or function, since we rarely get good parts cheap.

They sure don't check the OP's boxes though: no seal & 100% looks like it was made in shop class.

RZ.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 Sport S
Occupation
Blueprints & Tarot

Sponsored

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
During lunch today I parked next to a black one with the half doors. Made me want them even more. Sorry nothing of substance to add to the thread. Originally I wanted a tube style door but with a heavy net. Not many options for the JL. Half doors are where its at.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Was really hoping this thread would find some traction.

No half-door experience here, I'm just halfway down that road from discovery to desire to posession, so far.

These are currently at the top of my list:
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JLHD2-F.html

Looks great (on the outside, anyway) & priced right - they're probably a disaster for install or function, since we rarely get good parts cheap.

They sure don't check the OP's boxes though: no seal & 100% looks like it was made in shop class.
The problem with these and the genrights are the nickle and dime nature of them. $109 for arm rests. Hinges cost extra. Mirrors cost extra. Uppers cost extra. Paint costs extra. Locks, you'll have to figure out for yourself. And they don't work with factory mirrors. They don't have inner panels. They effectively disable the alarm.

Reactions: RZ.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Your best bet is to keep an eagle-eye on the BST section (here and on FB Marketplace or your local Jeep club) for someone's half-doors. You could probably pick up a set + get them painted to match for less than $4K if you watch for them.
Sponsored

Reactions: RZ.