First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I have the Maximus 3 Stinger, aux light bracket, hook anchor, and winch plate. I also used their kit to connect the stinger to the frame, so it is extremely sturdy. Apparently I like their stuff. Used to have the smaller SLP hoop, but it was too subtle.

Side Note: I'm aware I don't need the hook anchor with the Ultrahook, but I used to have a normal hook and didn't feel like taking everything apart when I switched.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best hoop for OEM Steel Bumper on Rubi & Winch Mount Question IMG_6637

Jeep Wrangler JL Best hoop for OEM Steel Bumper on Rubi & Winch Mount Question IMG_6638
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up buying this winch mounting plate: https://www.morris4x4center.com/rugged-ridge-winch-mount-plate.html

It was a straightforward, but time-consuming install, since you have to remove the OEM Air Dam, Front Bumper, disconnect the fog lights, then install the winch plate, the winch, reinstall the bumper, then the Air Dam. But it was a perfect fit and well made.

Interestingly enough, I ordered it from Morris 4x4, but it came from AutoAnything.

I also bought this hoop which is made by Warn, it was also a perfect fit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/293379192560

Jeep Wrangler JL Best hoop for OEM Steel Bumper on Rubi & Winch Mount Question Winch Plate

Not my Jeep, just a photo from eBay.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best hoop for OEM Steel Bumper on Rubi & Winch Mount Question Hoo

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I went with the, Genuine Mopar Winch & Grille Guard. It gets the job done and is low enough so it doesn't interfere with the trail cam if you have it or decide to add one.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best hoop for OEM Steel Bumper on Rubi & Winch Mount Question 82215351-20

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My only complaint is that I'll need to buy a plate to cover the factory holes in the bumper and the hoop is so close to the tow hooks that it's doubtful you could get a decent sized rope between the hoop and the tow hooks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best hoop for OEM Steel Bumper on Rubi & Winch Mount Question Hoop & Winch.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Best hoop for OEM Steel Bumper on Rubi & Winch Mount Question Tow Hook.JPG

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
My only complaint is that I'll need to buy a plate to cover the factory holes in the bumper and the hoop is so close to the tow hooks that it's doubtful you could get a decent sized rope between the hoop and the tow hooks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best hoop for OEM Steel Bumper on Rubi & Winch Mount Question Tow Hook.JPG

The distance between the hooks and the hoops seems a little small. There's always a way around it though. Looks good though!

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Some of these hoops look so low that getting your hand in to unlock the spool could be a problem. I have a warn vr 10 s winch. Are there any low profile hoops that are better than others for this? Or should I stick with a warn hoop because I assume they designed for this?

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some of these hoops look so low that getting your hand in to unlock the spool could be a problem. I have a warn vr 10 s winch. Are there any low profile hoops that are better than others for this? Or should I stick with a warn hoop because I assume they designed for this?
I have plenty of clearance for getting my hand in to unlock the spool, and plenty of room behind it as well. Of course, some of that may depend on the winch that you are using. I’m using a 9500 pound synthetic rope rough country winch.