Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
  • Banned
Any recommended carriers for the hitch? Do any of them allow the opening of the rear hatch when unloaded? Thanks for opinions.
Sponsored

OP
OP
allieboy

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
  • Banned
Curt makes one I saw on etrailer that folds up as well. Less than 200. But that all welded one is sweet from Pakmule.

Sponsored

toblerthedog

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S6, Sting Gray JLUR
I just picked up a ROLA Vortex carrier (59502) from Amazon...~$180 (free shipping). Haven't fully assembled yet...build quality seems OK and I'm sure it will more than suite my needs. 600lb carrying capacity.

ROLA makes another version (Dart) that folds up but has a lower capacity rating.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
The $60 folding one from Walmart works just fine for me. I can open the tailgate fully.

HTXWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I absolutely LOVE my PAKMULE. I bought the Swayback model. I have had numerous Jeeps and many a hitch carrier and you defintiely get what you pay for. I have had the WalMart special and the Cabelas carrier and they were both heavy trash. The swaying, flexing and the weight was just to sketchy for me not to mention they are all tiny. I wanted something one-piece, light and large and the PAKMULE checks all the boxes not to mention is is AMERICAN made and welded by hand. I spoke to the owner, Kansas, on the phone once or twice regarding fitment and it was the best customer service. It is worth the $800 and I will buy another one.
Sponsored