Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I've now gotten back from a last minute trip in my JL. Conyers, GA to Amarillo, TX and back with some off roading and rock crawling thrown in just outside of Amarillo. 2500 miles round trip over a week. Made in just in time to say goodbye to my MIL before cancer won its battle (f**k cancer btw)

The Borla Touring Climber was wonderful, cruising down the interstate 70-85mph and you couldn't really even hear the exhaust over the normal road noise that comes with a soft top. My jeep spent most of its time in 7th gear and wouldn't really hold 8th, not sure why buts it's always been like that. Still on factory size tires too. Either way I'm happy with my purchase of this exhaust, it's loud enough when you want it to be but otherwise out of mind.
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Anything out there for the 3.6 etorque, catback, no drone, not super loud.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Got the MBRP bypass installed yesterday. Very happy with it. LINK

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Got the MBRP bypass installed yesterday. Very happy with it. LINK
Wish they ran the pipe over the sway bar instead of between it and the track bar. Borla runs it over.

Capture.JPG

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Understood. I doubt that I will lift mine (famous last words!), so I wasn't too worried. I get your point though.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I absolutely love the delete pipes for getting rid of all that muffler mass in back, I also prefer the sound at WOT. The main reason I removed mine (and got the Magnaflow dual axleback) is that bass drone and sound at 1500 to 2000 rpm. I thought I would just get used to it but I got more annoyed by that tone over time, so much so that I had to have it gone :(
Love everything about the Magnaflow except I do miss that extra volume when fully on the gas, it's still good, just not quite as good.

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
Well I ordered the Injen high tuck SES5006AB. I had Quadratec price match a place I found it cheaper. Thank you Quadratech! Now the wait.

Once I install I'll let you know how it is.
I had the AFE high tuck on my JK and loved it but kept hearing about a drone on the one for the JL. With an auto now I'm trying to stay away from a system that has drone. On a stick I could avoid it but never had an issue with the JK. Plus I don't like how AFE didn't do a turn down on the JL model like the did on the JK. Injen has a better look IMO.

Hockyman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I got the MagnaFlow Overland exhaust and I absolutely love it. Sounds great and no drone. Plus it is tucked up high.

I used to have the Dynomax muffler delete but while it sounded good it had a lot of drone.

PXL_20220807_190445012.MP.jpg

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
I dont believe the overland exhaust fits with the mild hybrid. That's why I was stuck looking at axle back. Looks good though. Still awaiting shipping from Quad.

Sponsored

jc1003

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara, 2019 Pacifica, 2016 CX-9, 2023 Hornet
Occupation
IT
I dont believe the overland exhaust fits with the mild hybrid. That's why I was stuck looking at axle back. Looks good though. Still awaiting shipping from Quad.
Have you had a chance to install the exhaust?

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
Have you had a chance to install the exhaust?
LOL. Install? I haven't even received it yet. I ordered from Quad over a week ago and just got off the phone with them because i havent received any tracking info. I was told that it's shipping direct from vendor (Injen) and isn't expected to ship until mid September (6-8 weeks from time of order). That news sucked but the operator was nice at least. I guess I'll let everyone know late September or October. Gone are the days of ordering parts during the week and installing them on the weekend!

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
Still patiently awaiting it's arrival..
I'm sure Quad will have it delivered while I'm out of town.

oxidizr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Working on the 3.6L eTorque compatible axle back with the xMOD universal muffler. Still in testing at the moment but if all is well, this will be the Overland Series axle back and more information should be following shortly.

This is a 2.5" mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust with tunable sound characteristics and NDT (No Drone Technology.) More data coming soon.

20220827_111403.jpg

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Working on the 3.6L eTorque compatible axle back with the xMOD universal muffler. Still in testing at the moment but if all is well, this will be the Overland Series axle back and more information should be following shortly.

This is a 2.5" mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust with tunable sound characteristics and NDT (No Drone Technology.) More data coming soon.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone 20220827_111403
Just my opinion but this looks as big and heavy as OEM muffler. Plus how about exhaust leaking into cabin at slow speeds? I have used a red neck NDT with space, clearance and rear exhaust flow for fours years. Works great and cheap, plus can’t be seen . Delete pipe and cherry bomb 6” glass pack!

99585D89-FD63-4A10-98AB-1B3CAF2827E0.jpeg

4E481A1F-052C-4247-A6BA-FEEE56818A5C.jpeg
Sponsored