jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
Unless the entire straight pipe is a long resonated tip, then you will always get drone with muffler deletes

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
aFe MACH Force-Xp Axle-Back Exhaust System w/Black Tip 18-20 Jeep Wrangler L4-2.0T / V6-3.6L

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone 1645115598121

Anyone know if these comply with CA emissions and can pass a smog test?

Never mind, CARB EO# not required. Canā€™t wait to install this.

Last edited:

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Another vote for Borla Touring Climber.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Another view for Borla Touring Climber.
This came upon me by a strange string of events that friends of friends told Borla I had a 3.6 2 door as Borla was looking for one for r&d and I was their mule. so I have over a year with it. In comparison to the many other options available and coming from a guy who wasnā€™t even looking for an exhaust this one sounds better. We post a few vids on the tube and in one where we are at the dunes with a variety of rigs and exhausts you can really hear how much better it sounds vs the other options. They wanted to put the quieter muffler on since I wasnā€™t really into the noisy aspect, it was the clearance that I was appreciating more. But after I thought about it, I thought more folks would ask about it if they heard it, and I like to reciprocate for getting a free muffler. They installed the noisy one for me, and you know what? It sounds really nice! It has just the right tone, not too loud in the cab, just enough to let you know itā€™s there. Boy I tell you what though, when you jump on the throttle you awaken the beast withinšŸ¤£ it has a very respectable growl and you donā€™t sound like a weed eater! So take it for what itā€™s worth. Just a real world testing and review of sorts from a guy thatā€™s had it out at king of the hammers trails and everything in big bear, the clearance is much appreciated, the sound was such a pleasant surprise.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
See Redneck Okie exhaust (delete pipe w/cherry bomb glass pack)

How's the sound of this? I want to build storage where the old muffler was, but I also don't want anymore noise. I'm curious what the add of the glass pack was to a standard delete.

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How's the sound of this? I want to build storage where the old muffler was, but I also don't want anymore noise. I'm curious what the add of the glass pack was to a standard delete.
Still loud but mellowed and less drone. There is a off road full tail pipe assembly listed on forum somewhere that looks good.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Literally any axle back exhaust without a muffler will drone, it is not hard to figure out just basic physics.
Not hard to figure out if you took fluid dynamics in college.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Still loud but mellowed and less drone. There is a off road full tail pipe assembly listed on forum somewhere that looks good.
what to search by?

I'd like something to free up that space in the rear but want it to be as quiet as possible.

Sponsored

Jarg1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1997 911 (aka 993), 2021 Telsa 3
Occupation
Jeep modder, among other things.
what to search by?

I'd like something to free up that space in the rear but want it to be as quiet as possible.
I'm in the same boat. I've identified a few candidates but still not sure which would work best for high and not loud.

Borla Climber Touring
AFE Mach Force XP
Hooker Blackheart
JBA Axle-Back
Magnaflow Overland

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I'm in the same boat. I've identified a few candidates but still not sure which would work best for high and not loud.

Borla Climber Touring
AFE Mach Force XP
Hooker Blackheart
JBA Axle-Back
Magnaflow Overland
Is it a stupid idea to just replace every straight pipe with a glass pack?

I also want to conserve space between the rails as I eventually want to fit a 10-15 gallon water tank there. Since the space in the rear hangs over the axle, Iā€™ll sacrifice space there rather then between the frame railsā€¦. But I want the best of all world, dammit!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Is it a stupid idea to just replace every straight pipe with a glass pack?

I also want to conserve space between the rails as I eventually want to fit a 10-15 gallon water tank there. Since the space in the rear hangs over the axle, Iā€™ll sacrifice space there rather then between the frame railsā€¦. But I want the best of all world, dammit!
You should be able to find some decent quality straight thru mufflers that don't have a large footprint, the factory mid pipe doesn't take up much room so a similar muffled section just behind it should suffice. (something similar to what @Jimac installed). Since you have a 4dr you should have pretty good room to figure something that will work.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have very little if any drone and at highway speeds I donā€™t hear the exhaust. Great throaty sound around town.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone F31998A4-CF9A-4FDD-8165-8719E14187B9

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone F31998A4-CF9A-4FDD-8165-8719E14187B9
I'm willing to bet you have drone, it's basically the same as the Dynomax delete pipe. The 1500 to 2000 rpm range you should notice some extra bass in the cabin. But it is nice to get rid of that beer keg in the back so maybe the drone doesn't sound as bad :)
Sponsored