jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Vroom, vroom...

#jeepwrangler #jeep #2doorjeeps #jeeples #jeeple #jeeplife #2doors #2doorjl #borlaexhaust

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Nice John! Is that the piece you said you were waiting on to make yours a complete cat-back?
Nope, still waiting. I need the loop delete piece still. This is the muffler tucked up out of the way.

Sponsored

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
People are saying this has no drone and they are CRAZY. I went with this to get better clearance and get a better look. It was super cheap to try it out on a BF sale. Sounds cool but drones like a MFer. I will probably go with a smaller muffler option this summer when I get tired of this one.

DO NOT go with this one if you do not want drone. Drone is brutal from 1.8K to 2K in any gear.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-4...-304-stainless-steel-axle-back-exhaust-system

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
People are saying this has no drone and they are CRAZY. I went with this to get better clearance and get a better look. It was super cheap to try it out on a BF sale. Sounds cool but drones like a MFer. I will probably go with a smaller muffler option this summer when I get tired of this one.

DO NOT go with this one if you do not want drone. Drone is brutal from 1.8K to 2K in any gear.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-4...-304-stainless-steel-axle-back-exhaust-system
It's funny, I've tried 4 different exhausts that ended up driving me crazy, eventually did the delete and to me there is no drone, and its far less obnoxious than the AFE rock basher and Borla exhaust than I had before. Maybe it has something to do with 2dr vs 4dr?

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
It's funny, I've tried 4 different exhausts that ended up driving me crazy, eventually did the delete and to me there is no drone, and its far less obnoxious than the AFE rock basher and Borla exhaust than I had before. Maybe it has something to do with 2dr vs 4dr?
Maybe a straight muffler delete does something different I do not know. All I know is a stock 3.6 with the attached axle back exhaust I posted drones something nasty right at 1.8 to 2. It is fine above or below but you wouldn't realize your Jeep is in that range A LOT. If this thing was my DD I would have swapped it out already.

Sponsored

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Maybe a straight muffler delete does something different I do not know. All I know is a stock 3.6 with the attached axle back exhaust I posted drones something nasty right at 1.8 to 2. It is fine above or below but you wouldn't realize your Jeep is in that range A LOT. If this thing was my DD I would have swapped it out already.
Yeah I mean, I have no vested interest in muffler deletes or anything, haha. Just posting my personal experience, maybe it drones but I don’t notice it or Im mot in that rpm range often - I dunno - but Im familiar w drone on previous vehicles and I cant detect it here.

If anyone in south west los angeles wantsto go for a ride to test, hit me up.

My brother does have a 4 door and hated his muffler delete. I never heard it before he took it off but he thought it was 1000x better in my 2 door for whatever reason. Maybe it has to do w the pipe length or position of the resonator or resonance of the cab, your guess is better than mine.

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner

When I said no drone, I meant this one:
https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-4...-409-stainless-steel-axle-back-exhaust-system
TIny muffler, really hard to see (and bash) when installed.

nashsnazzy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Chubrocker, is your Jeep a 3.6? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this or the Savvy and I want to be sure I have no drone. Thanks!

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still digging this borla and receive lots of compliments on how good it sounds compared to others.