Sponsored

Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
I think you will be very happy... I know I am after after spending more than that on my initial trial & errors.

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have the AFE High Tuck and it is noticeably louder than stock. At about 2700 - 3000 RPM it is loud but otherwise it sounds good. Louder at all RPM but sound is a deep mellow sound under 2700. The fit and quality of the product is excellent. What I really wanted was the added clearance of high tuck and it fits that bill perfectly. The muffler is much smaller and sits much higher and you can barely see the muffler.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Savvy/Magnaflow Exhaust... NO Drone, nice tone, not too loud on interstate at constant speeds.
I've tried several iterations of mufflers and resonators.. Nothing worked.

With the Savvy muffler installed you cannot see the muffler or tailpipe from rear of Jeep.
Can you post a sound clip? Why wouldn’t you go with the Borla Climber Touring? You get a full catback for $379.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Its almost impossible to make the 3.6 & 3.8 sound good.. The Savvy/MagnaFlow is a fairly quiet muffler and the tone is about as pleasant as it could be with the 3.6. It’s small and tucked out of the way. I tried several other options... all were obnoxious! I don’t mind a louder exhaust. I have a jk with a 6.2 liter LT1 with MagnaFlow muffler, but the 3.6 (tone) sounds like crap and I found the Savvy as the best option. The clip makes it sound somewhat quieter than it really is....

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Its almost impossible to make the 3.6 & 3.8 sound good.. The Savvy/MagnaFlow is a fairly quiet muffler and the tone is about as pleasant as it could be with the 3.6. It’s small and tucked out of the way. I tried several other options... all were obnoxious! I don’t mind a louder exhaust. I have a jk with a 6.2 liter LT1 with MagnaFlow muffler, but the 3.6 (tone) sounds like crap and I found the Savvy as the best option. The clip makes it sound somewhat quieter than it really is....
True that!
Our Infiniti G37 w/ the VQ3.7 liter is one of the sweetest V6 tones, and w/ my catback w/ test pipes on that one it really sounds great. That Pentastar seems to be a really good motor but not easy on the ears for sure.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Muffler deletes sound like shit and have drone...been there, done that. My next plan is to try the Borla Climber Touring cat-back. I've had great experiences with their mufflers on my two previous vehicles and I think it'll be a great fit for the JL too with zero drone and lots of clearance.

Another option is a muffler delete and welding an additional muffler upstream near the factor cat/resonator.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Yup! Waiting impatiently for Borla to release their 2-door version, from what they told me a couple of weeks ago should be the end of this month or early October...
it is worth the wait, we were the mule for it and boy does it sound great!

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
John, anything on an order date yet for the Borla high tuck exhaust for the 2-door?

I can chime in here as I was on the phone with Borla yesterday afternoon...Unfortunately the only thing they would commit to is 'coming soon', previously another source at Borla had told me they were targeting late September / October. They did however insist their website is updated daily and products are added as soon as they are available for ordering.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
I can chime in here as I was on the phone with Borla yesterday afternoon...Unfortunately the only thing they would commit to is 'coming soon', previously another source at Borla had told me they were targeting late September / October. They did however insist their website is updated daily and products are added as soon as they are available for ordering.
Thanks Mike!

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
John, anything on an order date yet for the Borla high tuck exhaust for the 2-door?
i got pretty much the same story. everything is delayed because of current circumstances. im still waiting on the piece to make it a cat back, right now its just axle back. very nice folks over there though.