Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Healthcare
I’m looking to get a high tuck exhaust for my 2019, 2 door. I‘m not really interested in a louder exhaust sound and don’t want drone. Anyone have any recommendations? I’m considering the Hookers Headers or Igen. Don’t need dual tips sticking out. Just want to increase the ground clearance. Thanks
Sponsored

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking to get a high tuck exhaust for my 2019, 2 door. I‘m not really interested in a louder exhaust sound and don’t want drone. Anyone have any recommendations? I’m considering the Hookers Headers or Igen. Don’t need dual tips sticking out. Just want to increase the ground clearance. Thanks
I think any change to the exhaust where you will remove that huge muffler will inevitably change the exhaust note. There are some high tuck style exhaust with an incorporated muffler, but the fact your reducing the muffler size will still increase/change your sound one way of another and its hard to reduce noise by reducing muffler size...;)

You could try finding a cat-back that has the muffler closer to the cat, this would help you keep it tucked up high in the back but most manufacturer once again only put a small muffler and as such, noise increase may be the only option.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you what to stay away from, Dynomax Muffler Delete. I personally love mine but there is Drone.
Literally any axle back exhaust without a muffler will drone, it is not hard to figure out just basic physics.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I went with the magnaflow cat back duals and have had them on for two years. No drone, nice throaty sound and look great.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Replace every inch of straight pipe with resonated pipes. No Muffler Needed

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It's going to be difficult to find what you are describing as most aftermarket high-clearance catbacks gain the additional clearance by using a smaller/thinner profile muffler and resonator, which inevitably will change the volume and sound characteristics. How much offroading/crawling does your Jeep see and how extreme? We know a number of customers who hit MOAB and other fairly complex trails with our standard MF Series kits and have had no problems with exhaust clearance.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
@mgroeger went with the Hooker exhaust on one of his Jeeps. Maybe he can chime in with his thoughts.
Sure...

We did mild damage to the stock one out in Moab and on top of that it looks like the Jeep took a dump in it's shorts itself because of how big and fugly the stock ones are.
The Mrs. wanted something high and clean looking but without an aggressive exhaust note. The solutiuon was the Hooker Blackheart axle back high clearance muffler (the perfect birthday gift for her :) ). It has ever so slight of a growl, just barely more than stock, and we have had no problem with drone. We've done multiple 4+ hour trips at highway speeds as well as plenty off around town and it has been a great all around purchase. I highly recommend it.

Sponsored

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you what to stay away from, Dynomax Muffler Delete. I personally love mine but there is Drone.
See Redneck Okie exhaust (delete pipe w/cherry bomb glass pack)

B231A0EF-296A-468E-B148-C9E40302A4CE.jpeg

BD692E73-7E9F-4F1C-9DBC-2884001BC910.jpeg

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
MACH Force-Xp Hi-Tuck 3" 409 Stainless Steel Axle-Back Exhaust System
https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-4...-409-stainless-steel-axle-back-exhaust-system

Buy this... seriously! It's high tuck. Looks great. Sound is perfect. No drone! Just for reference, I wasn't looking for anything loud. I have a Corvette with muffler bypass and a Ram Hemi with MagnaFlow.

I wanted something first that got rid of that big ugly in the way muffler, but didn't sound like crap and didn't drone! Good news is this is all of those. Startup is barely louder than stock. Around town driving again is barely louder than stock, but you can tell you don't have a factory muffler. And best of all freeway driving has zero drone! And I mean zero. I'm very picky about this and would have tried another brand if it was too loud and droned. I was going to do a review with sound clip eventually since I want others to see what a great option this is.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone 20200524_185922

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone 20200524_193556_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone 20200601_122508_HDR

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I have a Borla Stinger Cat Back. It is a great exhaust, it has a little different note, i would not say its loud at all. you can hear it under hard acceleration but i dont think it is loud. On the highway with cruise its barely noticable. I like it.

Stetson

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever axle-back exhaust you go with, just keep in mind there is a locating nut on the mid section pipe, depends on the brand, you have to notch an opening for it, otherwise you will risk exhaust leaking because the pipes are not fully seated.

This is the locating nut I am talking about, see how I notch following a blue line.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone 20200626_213122

Brands I know have this notch built in: AFE, Borla

Brands I know do not have this notch: Dynomax, Hooker, Flowmaster

Other brands I don't know.

It shouldn't be a deciding factor when choosing exhaust brands, but keep in mind (1) ones have it probably underwent more through test (2) ones don't have it, you have to do a little bit of cutting and grinding.
Sponsored