Sponsored

Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I'd go with the Borla Climber Touring in a heartbeat if I could. Had it on my 19 with 3.6 and loved it. My 22 has the eTorque so no bueno. Borla, the last time I looked doesn't have a Climber option for eTorque 3.6.
That said, I am considering going with what @greatpunkn came up with by doing the muffler delete and then adding a small Magnaflow muffler to quiet it down/reduce drone. Here is his thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-delete-with-magnaflow-muffler-install.52443/
If you see this greatpunkn, please let us know how your setup has done for you.
Any reason I wouldn't do the less expensive Pypes muffler delete? They are all pretty much the same but some are more than twice the price of Pypes. https://pypesexhaust.com/i-23437330-2018-21-jeep-wrangler-jl-2-0-3-6l-axle-back-exhaust-sjj40.html
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
No issue, it just shows how unfamiliar you are with the differentiating product lines.
Lol. You could have just stated it was MagnaFlow from the start opposed to being such an expert on differentiating product lines. From your pic, I could not see what was stamped on the muffler. My bad. From the single pic you provided, it looked similar to what Borla & Corsa does with some of their axle back exhausts.
Regardless, I thought this thread was about high tuck exhausts. It's cool that your employer is developing a "tunable" stock type muffler but not sure, from the single pic of course, this would qualify as a high tuck...maybe semi-higher tuck or less low hanging but that is a marketing decision 😉.

oxidizr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Lol. You could have just stated it was MagnaFlow from the start opposed to being such an expert on differentiating product lines. From your pic, I could not see what was stamped on the muffler. My bad. From the single pic you provided, it looked similar to what Borla & Corsa does with some of their axle back exhausts.
Regardless, I thought this thread was about high tuck exhausts. It's cool that your employer is developing a "tunable" stock type muffler but not sure, from the single pic of course, this would qualify as a high tuck...maybe semi-higher tuck or less low hanging but that is a marketing decision 😉.
You really like hearing yourself speak / type. :like:

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
You really like hearing yourself speak / type. :like:
Obviously, you are unfamiliar with passive aggressive chop busting since you keep coming back. How's that tuned trash can, err muffler, coming along? Did you figure out how to get it less low hanging than my old saggy walnuts?
And don't try to swipe my Borsa/Corla names, I've already patented them! 🤣

oxidizr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Obviously, you are unfamiliar with passive aggressive chop busting since you keep coming back. How's that tuned trash can, err muffler, coming along? Did you figure out how to get it less low hanging than my old saggy walnuts?
And don't try to swipe my Borsa/Corla names, I've already patented them! 🤣
You really like hearing yourself speak / type. :clap:

Sponsored

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
You really like hearing yourself speak / type. :clap:
Lol. That's the best you got? Explains the originality of the tuned trash can. At least your getting some free publicity for it. You're welcome.
Now back to our originally schedule program... Best HIGH TUCK exhaust.

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Working on the 3.6L eTorque compatible axle back with the xMOD universal muffler. Still in testing at the moment but if all is well, this will be the Overland Series axle back and more information should be following shortly.

This is a 2.5" mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust with tunable sound characteristics and NDT (No Drone Technology.) More data coming soon.

20220827_111403.jpg
NDT, aka Helmholtz resonator.... I like it!
Looking forward to updates 👍

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
The Injen went on easily. It has a mellow rumble and not raspy at all. No drone at all tested up to 75mph. Wife says she can now hear me come home but it isn't as loud as the AFE high tuck on the JK but that was a manual so that can make a difference. I'll have to take some photos. My boy had a good time and said that he learned a lot. The MC diff skid was harder to install than the Injen high tuck.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
The Injen went on easily. It has a mellow rumble and not raspy at all. No drone at all tested up to 75mph. Wife says she can now hear me come home but it isn't as loud as the AFE high tuck on the JK but that was a manual so that can make a difference. I'll have to take some photos. My boy had a good time and said that he learned a lot. The MC diff skid was harder to install than the Injen high tuck.
I just installed mine last week - you mind telling me how far on the mid pipe you got with it? I saw at the start of this thread others recommended notching the replacement for the indexing bump, but I don't think I even got mine that far onto it.

Sponsored

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
I got it all the way against the locating pin/head on the factory exhaust pipe. I thought about notching it but it sat even with the factory exhaust isolator/hanger.

20221003_182124.jpg

20221003_182106.jpg

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I got it all the way against the locating pin/head on the factory exhaust pipe. I thought about notching it but it sat even with the factory exhaust isolator/hanger.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone 20221003_182106

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone 20221003_182106
Thanks for the confirmation! There was some surface oxidation on the mating point on mine, but it fooled me - I got mine right flush against that button as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Hi-tuck exhaust w no drone IMG20221003181245

IMG20221003181237.jpg

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
I got my pipe right up against that indexing pin. Your's looks like it could slide a little bit further. Make sure you get that clamp good and tight. I noticed those slots on the Injen pipe cinched in once I tightened it up. I have not detected any leaks. Injen made no mention of notching the pipe so I didn't. I'm not going to over think it.

Billkowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th 2D 3.6 Etorque, 2023 JT Mojave
I got my pipe right up against that indexing pin. Your's looks like it could slide a little bit further. Make sure you get that clamp good and tight. I noticed those slots on the Injen pipe cinched in once I tightened it up. I have not detected any leaks. Injen made no mention of notching the pipe so I didn't. I'm not going to over think it.
I agree, I installed mine up to nub as well, it's a tight fit and once clamped down is secure.
Sponsored