Sponsored

Best Floor Mats - WeatherTech FloorLiners

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@InvertedLogic

The coverage with the Bestop offering is not as good as with the WeatherTech. Coverage is similar to the WeatherTech's but up in front of the gas pedal the coverage could be better.

I will deal with the tad less coverage though... it's a trade off so to speak...

The WeatherTechs tend to fade over time in regard to their black color, are always smooth and slippery. They scuff up easily and I do not care for the fasteners. Under foot feel to me is poor at best. For the record, I ran with WeatherTech's in my JK's since 2007. Really decent liner... excellent coverage, but with the faults I mentioned.

On the Bestop's the tread design on the surface of the liner is really nice. The tread is of different heights ... real nice.
Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
For anyone thinking of using the Jeep all weather floor mats, Go on YouTube to Jeep informant and he shows how then unless you modify them and you God forbid get water up to the door ,it will leak in from underneath and soak your carpeting.
I just use my mine like a set of normal floor liners. I left the floor pan plugs in and do not use the drain feature. I cut the "funnel" off the bottom of the mats and put in two new plugs. Works great. And the Jeep logo is nice.

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ahh,excellent idea! I was wondering on how to get rid of that slight bump on the bottom if I didn't insert into floor. Ty

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Ahh,excellent idea! I was wondering on how to get rid of that slight bump on the bottom if I didn't insert into floor. Ty
Sure, no problem. I tried to use the "tube" in the floor mats first, so had already cut out the carpet plug. If you wanted to keep the carpet plug in place, it might still work by cutting the tunnel even with the bottom of the plug.

Original plug installed in the floor pan with the carpet plug cut out:

Plug in pad.jpg

The bottom side of the floor mat (second plug installed) showing the "tube" cut short. I used the handle on a pin punch as a guide to maintain a constant cut height. Used a break blade knife to make the cut ... several passes to achieve the final cut through.

Plug in mat.jpg

Good luck ...

Sponsored

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I am super happy with the coverage of the WeathTechs. I just installed them and the fit and finish is top notch.

GTOB521

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I’ve had weathertechs on my previous vehicles but after all the reviews of the husky I decided to give it a chance. The fit of the huskys is awesome and the rubber really grins the bottom of you shoe which I really like

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I just use my mine like a set of normal floor liners. I left the floor pan plugs in and do not use the drain feature. I cut the "funnel" off the bottom of the mats and put in two new plugs. Works great. And the Jeep logo is nice.
I have the mopar jeep liners and I am not planning on setting them to drain. Where did you get the plugs? I;m using several strips of gorilla tape and that works but would rather have plugs. Surprised the mats don't come with plugs.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@InvertedLogic

The coverage with the Bestop offering is not as good as with the WeatherTech. Coverage is similar to the WeatherTech's but up in front of the gas pedal the coverage could be better.

I will deal with the tad less coverage though... it's a trade off so to speak...

The WeatherTechs tend to fade over time in regard to their black color, are always smooth and slippery. They scuff up easily and I do not care for the fasteners. Under foot feel to me is poor at best. For the record, I ran with WeatherTech's in my JK's since 2007. Really decent liner... excellent coverage, but with the faults I mentioned.

On the Bestop's the tread design on the surface of the liner is really nice. The tread is of different heights ... real nice.
Thank you for the Bestop review. Are they a hard plastic like OEM and Weathertech or are they more like rubber?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Shaved Ice

Hard and not rubber like, like the Husky X-act Contours.

Sponsored

bigbee

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Hello
Can anyone post pics for fit of Husky xact liners after a few days of "breakin"? I read 3/4 of this thread and pulled the string on a pair that arrived today. I am not impressed at all.
First, I don't have a dog in this fight. I am a first time jeep owner from one week ago. I have owned weathertech for previous F150's. They were ok. Fit great but they were hard and slid on floor and not enough feet grip on top of mat. After reading here I bought Husky. I might have to post pics but the edge wrinkle is way worse than anything posted here. It is cold out but the passenger mat had a fold on the exterior side of almost a half inch overlap. A fold like folded paper? The drivers side as waves similar to pics posted earlier in this thread. Do they go away. No one will confirm.
I have written 10 posts to forums in my life and I was so disappointed in the fit I felt compelled to because of all the good info I have received here already. I first thought I must have gotten wrong ones in the box. I immediately came inside and called Husky and missed their office hours for the day by 3 minutes.
I am not bashing, I have fingers crossed it gets better because they solve all my other problems it seems.
What do you say owners with Husky xact liners in real JL's, not past experience.

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Weathertech and Mopar are too expensive. I have Bestop and Rugged Ridge. No problems at all with them.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@bigbee

I have tried WeatherTechs, Husky Xact Contours.. and ended up going with Bestop Floor Liners.

In regard to the Husky offering, after a few days they will settle in lets say and the gaps on the sides will be minimal..will be less noticeable.

I really like the foot to mat, feel of the Husky's.

Fit and coverage was ok but... Where the Husky fell really short, was with the floor attachment points. On my 2 dr, they just did not line up., You had to fight to get them lined up and secured. Piss poor.

I was a bit miffed and called Husky. Their Supervisor assured me that they had no fit issues, etc., and mine were a fluke and sent another set for free. They did not want the old back. That set was the same.

Long story short, I sold the newly arrived set and have the original set in a box in the garage. So, reality was I got a set of Husky's for free.

Were I to do it all over......... I would pass on the Husky's.

By the way... call Husky and complain about fit and the fasteners and undoubtedly they will give you a refund, exchange or whatever. They seem to want to do the right thing so to speak. So, try them over the weekend, decide and worse case scenario, call Husky on Monday. They will work with you, I am confident of that.

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
D6DBA2C3-8E79-4EC4-BC00-3219DA544A90.jpeg

BigBee. This is driver side. I’ve had them in for about 3 months. You can see a bulge on the left, and 2 on the right. They are not in the way of my feet so I think no problem. Also note that I borrowed the nameplate idea from another poster on here. Sorry don’t remember who.

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
9CA9E8FE-1AF8-4DEC-ABA4-7401259FA1ED.jpeg

Here’s passenger side. Also has 2 bulges on left and one on right. They don’t seem to be in the way either. None of these are really noticeable when in the vehicle, but they do exist. I’m ok with them and do like the mats. Don’t know if this helps you but here it is.
I almost forgot. I had no problem attaching them to the floor mounts.
Sponsored