Sponsored

Best Floor Mats - WeatherTech FloorLiners

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I had WeatherTech in my '15 JKU, the front ones were great (with the exception of how the carpet latches worked). However, the rear were terrible! They did not attach to the carpet latches, so they flapped around when the doors were off, they were also made of a very thin plastic that started to curl over time. Worthless!

I eventually threw my rear WeatherTech liners in the trash... I strongly recommend the AEV rear floor liners, they are far superior. They attach to carpet latches, are heavy enough they don't flap with doors off, don't curl, and provide superior coverage.

Last edited:

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I called Weathertech today. The customer service rep has no idea when the JL floorliners and mats will be available.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I had WeatherTech in my JKU, the front ones were great (with the exception of how the carpet latches worked). However, the rear were exceptionally poor! They did not attach to the carpet latches, so they flapped around when the doors were off, they were also made of a very thin plastic that started to curl over time. I eventually threw them in the trash... I strongly recommend the AEV rear floor liners, they are far superior. They attach to carpet latches, are heavy enough they don't flap with doors off, don't curl, and provide superior coverage.
That's another reason why I prefer the Husky liners, because they use a million spikes for traction instead of stock hooks. Also if you spill something on the weathertech latch holes, it will spill into the carpet which defeats it's whole purpose.

johnnyjeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
Are the weathertech mats good for the area behind the rear seats, or should I look at some other brand? I get into a lot of mud on my dirt bike and need somewhere to throw my dirty gear.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Not sure, but welcome to the forum...see this is your first posting.

Up front is where all the wear and tear happens and WeatherTech does the job.

I would get a rubber mat or something given the area your looking for.

Are the weathertech mats good for the area behind the rear seats, or should I look at some other brand? I get into a lot of mud on my dirt bike and need somewhere to throw my dirty gear.

Sponsored

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
My experience with weather tech is that the front mats (not liners) are awesome....the rear, not so much. I had the liners in my JK....they warped and were mediocre at best.

I ordered my JL with the slush mats.....probably will replace the fronts with weathertech mats (if they make them).

Not doing the liners again.

Doc

johnnyjeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
My experience with weather tech is that the front mats (not liners) are awesome....the rear, not so much. I had the liners in my JK....they warped and were mediocre at best.

I ordered my JL with the slush mats.....probably will replace the fronts with weathertech mats (if they make them).

Doc
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Interesting...had my WeatherTech liners for several years with no warning or any problems. I have tried several and find them to be the best.

Doc

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Not sure, but welcome to the forum...see this is your first posting.

Up front is where all the wear and tear happens and WeatherTech does the job.
I have 2 powerful male boxers that play rough wherever i take them, they will challenge this normally true "all wear occurs up front theory" :P

They also uninstalled my backyard, dirt rocks and trees only now. I need a mat there too i guess :P

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Not a fan of Weathertechs, i had a full set in my wife's Honda Pilot, the rear mat edge's started to curl in,called them multiple times on the issue, they did not offer any solution other than to try heating it with a hair dryer and bend them out. I have Husky liners classic style in my truck and Husky liner X-Act Contour in my wife's MDX, they make great product. I have the OEM rubber mats in my JKU.
Sponsored