Best Floor Mats - WeatherTech FloorLiners

1. Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    5/2/19 ....... I quit JLWranglerForums!
    Liked:
    @InvertedLogic

The coverage with the Bestop offering is not as good as with the WeatherTech. Coverage is similar to the WeatherTech's but up in front of the gas pedal the coverage could be better.

I will deal with the tad less coverage though... it's a trade off so to speak...

The WeatherTechs tend to fade over time in regard to their black color, are always smooth and slippery. They scuff up easily and I do not care for the fasteners. Under foot feel to me is poor at best. For the record, I ran with WeatherTech's in my JK's since 2007. Really decent liner... excellent coverage, but with the faults I mentioned.

On the Bestop's the tread design on the surface of the liner is really nice. The tread is of different heights ... real nice.

Shaved Ice likes this.
  2. Boatbuilder88

Boatbuilder88 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '19 Wrangler JL Sting Gray
    Liked:
    I just use my mine like a set of normal floor liners. I left the floor pan plugs in and do not use the drain feature. I cut the "funnel" off the bottom of the mats and put in two new plugs. Works great. And the Jeep logo is nice.

Late To The Party likes this.
  3. Jimbo344

Jimbo344 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    None
    Liked:
    Ahh,excellent idea! I was wondering on how to get rid of that slight bump on the bottom if I didn't insert into floor. Ty

Boatbuilder88 likes this.
  4. Boatbuilder88

Boatbuilder88 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '19 Wrangler JL Sting Gray
    Liked:

5. Jimbo344

Jimbo344 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    None
    Liked:
    Excellent, thx again! :)

6. Geos7812

Geos7812 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    I am super happy with the coverage of the WeathTechs. I just installed them and the fit and finish is top notch.

7. GTOB521

GTOB521 Member

First Name:
    Garrett
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    I’ve had weathertechs on my previous vehicles but after all the reviews of the husky I decided to give it a chance. The fit of the huskys is awesome and the rubber really grins the bottom of you shoe which I really like

8. Joeymon1

Joeymon1 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Sahara
    Liked:
    I have the mopar jeep liners and I am not planning on setting them to drain. Where did you get the plugs? I;m using several strips of gorilla tape and that works but would rather have plugs. Surprised the mats don't come with plugs.

9. Shaved Ice

Shaved Ice Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Thank you for the Bestop review. Are they a hard plastic like OEM and Weathertech or are they more like rubber?

10. Rhinebeck01

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    @Shaved Ice

Hard and not rubber like, like the Husky X-act Contours.

Shaved Ice likes this.
  11. bigbee

bigbee Member

First Name:
    Larry
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
    Liked:
    #176 Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Hello
    Can anyone post pics for fit of Husky xact liners after a few days of "breakin"? I read 3/4 of this thread and pulled the string on a pair that arrived today. I am not impressed at all.
    First, I don't have a dog in this fight. I am a first time jeep owner from one week ago. I have owned weathertech for previous F150's. They were ok. Fit great but they were hard and slid on floor and not enough feet grip on top of mat. After reading here I bought Husky. I might have to post pics but the edge wrinkle is way worse than anything posted here. It is cold out but the passenger mat had a fold on the exterior side of almost a half inch overlap. A fold like folded paper? The drivers side as waves similar to pics posted earlier in this thread. Do they go away. No one will confirm.
    I have written 10 posts to forums in my life and I was so disappointed in the fit I felt compelled to because of all the good info I have received here already. I first thought I must have gotten wrong ones in the box. I immediately came inside and called Husky and missed their office hours for the day by 3 minutes.
    I am not bashing, I have fingers crossed it gets better because they solve all my other problems it seems.
    What do you say owners with Husky xact liners in real JL's, not past experience.

12. nerubi

nerubi Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLR, 2012 JKU Sahara, 2018 Camaro SS, 2017 Schwinn 700c, SOVRN Geri
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Weathertech and Mopar are too expensive. I have Bestop and Rugged Ridge. No problems at all with them.

13. Rhinebeck01

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    @bigbee

I have tried WeatherTechs, Husky Xact Contours.. and ended up going with Bestop Floor Liners.

In regard to the Husky offering, after a few days they will settle in lets say and the gaps on the sides will be minimal..will be less noticeable.

I really like the foot to mat, feel of the Husky's.

Fit and coverage was ok but... Where the Husky fell really short, was with the floor attachment points. On my 2 dr, they just did not line up., You had to fight to get them lined up and secured. Piss poor.

I was a bit miffed and called Husky. Their Supervisor assured me that they had no fit issues, etc., and mine were a fluke and sent another set for free. They did not want the old back. That set was the same.

Long story short, I sold the newly arrived set and have the original set in a box in the garage. So, reality was I got a set of Husky's for free.

Were I to do it all over......... I would pass on the Husky's.

By the way... call Husky and complain about fit and the fasteners and undoubtedly they will give you a refund, exchange or whatever. They seem to want to do the right thing so to speak. So, try them over the weekend, decide and worse case scenario, call Husky on Monday. They will work with you, I am confident of that.

14. Robieman

Robieman Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Robie
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 2 dr. Ocean Blue Jl Sport S; 2016 Ford F150; my wifes 2018 Grand Cherokee; coming soon 2020 Gladiator
    Liked:
    D6DBA2C3-8E79-4EC4-BC00-3219DA544A90.jpeg
    BigBee. This is driver side. I’ve had them in for about 3 months. You can see a bulge on the left, and 2 on the right. They are not in the way of my feet so I think no problem. Also note that I borrowed the nameplate idea from another poster on here. Sorry don’t remember who.

15. Robieman

Robieman Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Robie
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 2 dr. Ocean Blue Jl Sport S; 2016 Ford F150; my wifes 2018 Grand Cherokee; coming soon 2020 Gladiator
    Liked:
    9CA9E8FE-1AF8-4DEC-ABA4-7401259FA1ED.jpeg
    Here’s passenger side. Also has 2 bulges on left and one on right. They don’t seem to be in the way either. None of these are really noticeable when in the vehicle, but they do exist. I’m ok with them and do like the mats. Don’t know if this helps you but here it is.
    I almost forgot. I had no problem attaching them to the floor mounts.

bigbee likes this.