Sponsored

Best/favorite mod or upgrade for $150 or less?

gdpalmer

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangle Unlimited
Look, your MIL doesn’t want to buy you hood struts that only your mechanic is going to see. Nor does she want to buy you lower control arms - as she neither understands their value, nor their function. She also doesn’t want you getting her gift of all-weather mats all muddy.

Here is the gift SHE wants to get you: A rail mount, and phone holder from 67 Designs. She understands what it is, it’s visible for the world to see, and it never gets muddy.

BTW, I have one - a 67 Designs rail mount AND a MIL. I love them both very much. Needless to say, there’s one I love more.

Here’s the rail kit:

2C2E4B64-9CF0-4B39-ADB6-65BF2329A52A.png
The rail mount was my first add and I love it. The value is that it is used all the time and make life easier.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
How did you do the Vinyl wrapping? Thanks.
I followed the tutorials on these forums to remove the panels, it was too bad. I was able to wrap the passenger side correctly on the first try. The driver's side took me several attempts, and it is still pulling away in some areas. If I were to do it again I would just have them painted. I'm telling myself I'll wait until I have a few other items to paint hellayella as well, then I'll take them all to a body show and have them paint them all while the paint is mixed up.

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
One upgrade near the top of the 150, just a tad over, that I am super happy about are the xg gamma storage bags. I was able to remove a crate of misc gear and put in these, freeing up all my "trunk" space. Looks great and doesn't block my view out the back or sides. Not a huge fan of the look with the top off but they are high quality and are easily removed.

20191025_153406.jpg
Are these not upside down and on the wrong side? I got the cheap chinese version and they fit inside the roll bars. Not a perfect fit (my alpine subwoofer is totally in the way) but they're not bad.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L8ZGSZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: Just looked them up, wow that is the right way to put them. They look way higher quality than mine but that is weird.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure

dogs162910

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited
I'm not sure if this applies to the diesel fuel situation, but the first thing I'm doing when mine comes in is add a Mopar fuel door.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Are these not upside down and on the wrong side? I got the cheap chinese version and they fit inside the roll bars. Not a perfect fit (my alpine subwoofer is totally in the way) but they're not bad.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L8ZGSZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: Just looked them up, wow that is the right way to put them. They look way higher quality than mine but that is weird.

I agree I have seen pics of them on jeeps with top off and it looks a little goofy to me, but I rarely - and soon will probably never when my rtt arrives - remove the whole top. They are absolutely perfect for storage with top on and like I said before, no view obstruction. Plus if I did remove the top and wanted them off its one Torx screw and unclip it

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Dynomax muffler delete. Puts a smile on my face every time I drive my jeep it sounds awesome. easy to install and inexpensive. Love it

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
If you are feeling the Christmas spirit this year, for only $149.99 try the Mopar JL Fireplace. It sits right on your dashboard and anchors to the storage area. (Lots of deep drilling required) The kit comes with oak wood from Oregon, a 1 gallon propane tank that sits in the passenger footwell, a red IGNITER button, and required gas hoses. You also receive a Wile E Coyote sticker for your visor. Directions: Hook up hoses, roll up your windows and shut the doors, turn on the Propane Valve, wait 3 minutes, and push the red IGNITER button.
Sponsored