Sponsored

Best deals found on a new JL?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Yeah, a little too great. That rig is a $61,285 build that he got for $42 and change? More than 31% off of MSRP? Even if it was a 2018 model, I'm still a bit leery...
Yeah, my Rubi built before the first price increase was right at $41k. That was without leather/proximity/skytop/etc... And was 7.2% below invoice

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Yeah, a little too great. That rig is a $61,285 build that he got for $42 and change? More than 31% off of MSRP? Even if it was a 2018 model, I'm still a bit leery...
He is in Canada. Their vehicle prices are lower than ours. I have been looking at expeditions and they are thousands cheaper up there for the same thing.

sarah.sosnicki

First Name
sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Looking into ordering a 2019 Unlimited Sahara. Contacted Craig at Koons and was given this quote:

MSRP: $50,060
Invoice: $47,238
Offer: $44, 167 (6.5% below invoice; once I sign up for TL he would do 7% off invoice)

I live in FL and he calculated License/Registration ($550), Processing Fee ($799), tax ($2,773) bringing the total price to $48,289.
Do you think this is a good deal?

I also emailed Kim at Superior in AR and Mike Jones at Steve White Motors in NC but haven't heard anything back yet

Last edited:

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Looking into ordering a 2019 Unlimited Sahara. Contacted Craig at Koons and was given this quote:

Offer: $44, 167 (6.5% below invoice; once I sign up for TL he would do 7% off invoice)

I live in FL and he calculated License/Registration ($550), Processing Fee ($799), tax ($2,773) bringing the total price to $48,289.

I also emailed Kim at Superior in AR and Mike Jones at Steve White Motors in NC but haven't heard anything back yet
That is a good deal. I am in Alabama and bought from Superior. With TL I was at like 7.2% below invoice. But... Superiors dealer fees are like $500 less than Koons.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

I also emailed Kim at Superior in AK and Mike Jones at Steve White Motors in NC but haven't heard anything back yet
It's a very good deal. Craig is great and they were the first dealer around to offer these well-below invoice deals to the masses, so no disrespect there. Everyone who has reported working with him has been impressed by him and the way he does business. By all accounts, he is very responsive and extremely helpful and knowledgeable. You can't go wrong with Craig.

That being said, if you travel just 30 minutes north of him, you can get to @CriswellJeep in Gaithersburg, Md, where Julius Green goes 8% under invoice with Tread Lightly and the doc/processing fee is less than half what they charge in Virginia ($299 vs. $799). Julius also gets very high marks all over the Forum, so look around. That will get you the same build for around $1250 less than your 6.5% deal once tax is figured in, or around $1000 less than the 7% deal.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB / Black & Tan
Just purchased a JLU MOAB in Black & Heritage Tan for $50,000 out the door.

Additional options:
-Cold Weather Group
-Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning
-Door Sills
Dealer threw in Window tint and wheel locks.

MSRP: $54,710
Dealer fee/documentation: $699
Tax: 7% in NC

Out the door for $50,000 flat.
If my math is correct I think we bought at 9% below invoice.

One stipulation though. To get this deal we had to finance with the dealer. Which was great because they gave us 2.99%. My original loan was approved at 3.09% All-in-all, we were extremely happy with this deal and it was the last MOAB on the lot for another month.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Additional options:
-Cold Weather Group
-Door Sills

One stipulation though. To get this deal we had to finance with the dealer. Which was great because they gave us 2.99%. My original loan was approved at 3.09% All-in-all, we were extremely happy with this deal and it was the last MOAB on the lot for another month.
Congratulations. 9% off the lot is amazing! (this is actually more than 10% below invoice of $51427 plus tax and fees!) That sounds like an exceptional deal (actually the best I've seen anywhere!).
I see that you're new here. It is customary when posting about a great deal to share as much information as possible: dealer name/salesperson/contact (at a minimum), written confirmation of the deal (for the doubters), vehicle pictures, etc. so that others can use the info to get a great deal themselves.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner

Additional options:
-Cold Weather Group
-Door Sills

I just bought the Moab, our tax in NC is 3% not 7, you my want to look at that. We only pay 3% since we pay yearly property tax. I have been here for 24 years and purchased around the state and it is always 3%.
I bought for mine at 12% off MSRP at Leith in Raleigh, that was the best I could do in NC

Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations. 9% off the lot is amazing! (this is actually more than 10% below invoice of $51427 plus tax and fees!) That sounds like an exceptional deal (actually the best I've seen anywhere!).
I see that you're new here. It is customary when posting about a great deal to share as much information as possible: dealer name/salesperson/contact (at a minimum), written confirmation of the deal (for the doubters), vehicle pictures, etc. so that others can use the info to get a great deal themselves.
Thanks. I purchased at Hendricks Chrysler and Jeep located in Fayettevile, NC. I Dealt with the sales manager Angela Cox and Matheiu was the salesman.

No photos yet as it has been raining all week. Definitely will post some over the weekend.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I just bought the Moab, our tax in NC is 3% not 7, you my want to look at that. We only pay 3% since we pay yearly property tax. I have been here for 24 years and purchased around the state and it is always 3%.
I bought for mine at 12% off MSRP at Leith in Raleigh, that was the best I could do in NC
Thanks. I purchased at Hendricks Chrysler and Jeep located in Fayettevile, NC. I Dealt with the sales manager Angela Cox and Matheiu was the salesman.

No photos yet as it has been raining all week. Definitely will post some over the weekend.
That makes a lot more sense, @Mjmi69 . That would bring @Reasons deal in at around 7% below invoice (and around 13% below msrp), which seems more in line with the current dealer info. Still an excellent deal, especially for an off-the-lot unit, and especially in NC.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cumberland County sales tax is 7%. I think we got our MOAB at roughly 15% off MSRP. I was not messing around though. I had called other dealerships with 75 miles and inquired about their MOAB inventory, printed out the March 2019 Jeep invoice sheet and brought it with me to the dealership. Used other dealership offers and discounts as leverage.

I actually walked out on day 1. On day 2 we returned after Angela, the sales manager, called us back and we got what we ALMOST wanted. We originally were eyeing a MOAB in Granite and Black interior. Sold hours after we walked out on day 1. We are happy though as Black and Tan is unique around here, plus the dealership Included tinted windows. A Blacked out Jeep with LED lighting looks sexy during the evenings.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC sales tax is 4.25% + Cumberland County 2.25%; 7% total sales tax.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass