Sponsored

Best deals found on a new JL?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Even with a trust worthy sales rep, the finance guy and general manager may still take advantage of you. They just can't help themselves. People get funny around a lot of money.
You are right about sales people, managers, finance people. I have met a few smaller family owned dealerships that really are pretty transparent but they are rare. For the most part, for most people, buying a car is a very unpleasant experience. Legislators don't help. Dealerships, Dealer Associations, car companies line their pockets. Auto sales are State regulated for the most part. Consumer protection laws suck in general across the Nation.
Sponsored

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
It is not impossible. I ordered a JLUR with almost all of the options added. MSRP came out to over $57k, but am paying less than $46k. But then again, I work in the automotive industry and was able to get "employee" pricing through a connection.
PM what dealership. Im north of Chicago in the Burbs. thanks

Sponsored

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜73 CJ5, ā€˜19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Well I picked up my Jeep from Kent at Petersonā€™s over the weekend. This was far and away the most pleasant car buying experience Iā€™ve ever had. 7.8% below invoice and in and out of the finance office in literally 10 minutes. If you are considering an order, I highly recommend giving Kent a call.

Kent Shurtleff
[email protected]
208-741-1289
Iā€™ll second that. I just picked up my 2-door JLR on Wednesday from Kent at Peterson in Nampa Idaho, even though I live in SoCal. I got a similar deal with no haggling. Everyone at Peterson was very helpful. I was even able to upgrade to 35ā€ tires at a reasonable price.

MACjeeps

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Sting Gray, 3.6L | 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Rhino | 1979 CJ5
Iā€™ll second that. I just picked up my 2-door JLR on Wednesday from Kent at Peterson in Nampa Idaho, even though I live in SoCal. I got a similar deal with no haggling. Everyone at Peterson was very helpful. I was even able to upgrade to 35ā€ tires at a reasonable price.
Can you say how much they charged you and did they swap your stock tires? Curious to see as I was told they would only give me a $400 credit for stock tires on a 2019 JLU Rubicon

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜73 CJ5, ā€˜19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Can you say how much they charged you and did they swap your stock tires? Curious to see as I was told they would only give me a $400 credit for stock tires on a 2019 JLU Rubicon
Sure. Their original quote was for a set of 35x12.5R17 KO2 tires @ ~$2,015 minus $500 to trade in the old tires. I wasnā€™t interested in the price or the tires quoted. Closer to delivery i asked if they could meet 4WP price on a set of 315/70R17 KO2s (C load rating). Turned out they would, but could not buy back the original tires, nor provide the normal road hazard warranty. Tires were $1,490 installed, plus I ended up with five new 33ā€ tires - four of which I sold on CL for $600. Luckily I had room for the take-offs in my van as there is no room in the back of a 2-door JL!

As a side note...They did include a rough country spare tire relocator (not reflected in price above). When asked if necessary, they explained that Mopar recommends relocator for any spare greater than 33ā€. It wasnā€™t crazy expensive (like the Mopar equivalent), so I went with it. Knowing what I know now, I would decline (for 35ā€ tires). I removed the relocator when I got home without any issues and now I can see out the back window.

Good luck. I have nothing but compliments for Peterson Jeep in Nampa. The wait for delivery was excruciating, but the purchase process was great.

Mark

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
You could sell a full set of Rubi K02s for twice that on this forum in a heartbeat. The 35x12.5R17s are $1500 on TireRack/4WP, obviously w/o m+b, so Mark's deal on those was pretty good. Kent does a good job up there.

777ekflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I just bought a beautiful rubicon today. No drama, no negotiation.
Msrp was $57785, I offered $51429 11% below msrp. Offer accepted.
Im very happy with that deal.
Bloomington Chrysler jeep dodge ram
Minneapolis

Sponsored

TRAILZPLZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey Y'all. I'm brand new to the forum (but not Jeeps). I only created this account to plug a Tennessee dealership. Not sure if I necessarily got the "best" deal (5% below invoice plus another $500 off) but I felt good about it...esp after shopping around Nashville. Anyway, check out Steve Jones CDJR in Dickson, TN. Ask for Craig (Sales Mgr.) or Dan. Had a fantastic experience with them and they cut straight to the deal. FYI, they "got right" on my trade as well.
Happy Trailz...

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Basically finalized the deal. Since I was leasing, it seemed harder to find significant % off invoice and decent lease rates. Most dealers were bumping up % on lease to makeup difference. What you guys and gals think of this deal?

2019 Jeep wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

The lease offer is $51,735 msrp
sale price is $46,500
Lease with US Bank
Term months- 42
Residual- 64%
MF- 0.00170
doc fee- $141
Dmv- $375
Acq fee- $695

Terms are $499 w/ 8.875% tax rolled in and $1699 due at signing.

MACjeeps

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Sting Gray, 3.6L | 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Rhino | 1979 CJ5
Has anyone done a lease with these guys and share if it was a good deal and the experience?

Dengar

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep JKU, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Iā€™ve been pricing JLs on the online configurator for the past year (on pretty much a daily basis) so I knew what to expect for prices. A week ago, I found a deal from an out of province dealer that I thought was too good to be true. Well... Iā€™m happy to say that I picked up my JLU Rubicon yesterday and itā€™s amazing.

ā€¢ 2.0L DOHC I-4 DI turbo engine with eTorque
ā€¢ 8-speed automatic transmission
ā€¢ Remote start system
ā€¢ Body-colour fender flares
ā€¢ Sky power soft top with 1-touch
ā€¢ MoparĀ® all-weather floor mats
ā€¢ Remote proximity keyless entry
ā€¢ Leather-faced bucket seats with accent stitching
ā€¢ UconnectĀ® 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display
ā€¢ AlpineĀ® premium audio system
ā€¢ 17x7.5-inch Black aluminum wheels with polished lip
ā€¢ Cold Weather Group
ā€¢ LED Lighting Group
ā€¢ UconnectĀ® 4C NAV & Sound Group
ā€¢ SafetyTecā„¢ Group
ā€¢ Trailer Tow & Heavy-Duty Electrical Group
ā€¢ Steel Bumper Group
ā€¢ Advanced Safety Group

$55,988 CAD (Approximately $42,087.22 US)

Not sure what that works out to as % below MSRP...

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Iā€™ve been pricing JLs on the online configurator for the past year (on pretty much a daily basis) so I knew what to expect for prices. A week ago, I found a deal from an out of province dealer that I thought was too good to be true. Well... Iā€™m happy to say that I picked up my JLU Rubicon yesterday and itā€™s amazing.

ā€¢ 2.0L DOHC I-4 DI turbo engine with eTorque
ā€¢ 8-speed automatic transmission
ā€¢ Remote start system
ā€¢ Body-colour fender flares
ā€¢ Sky power soft top with 1-touch
ā€¢ MoparĀ® all-weather floor mats
ā€¢ Remote proximity keyless entry
ā€¢ Leather-faced bucket seats with accent stitching
ā€¢ UconnectĀ® 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display
ā€¢ AlpineĀ® premium audio system
ā€¢ 17x7.5-inch Black aluminum wheels with polished lip
ā€¢ Cold Weather Group
ā€¢ LED Lighting Group
ā€¢ UconnectĀ® 4C NAV & Sound Group
ā€¢ SafetyTecā„¢ Group
ā€¢ Trailer Tow & Heavy-Duty Electrical Group
ā€¢ Steel Bumper Group
ā€¢ Advanced Safety Group

$55,988 CAD (Approximately $42,087.22 US)

Not sure what that works out to as % below MSRP...
That's a great price
Sponsored