Best deals found on a new JL?

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I have a hard time believing that would be legal. I can certainly see them declining to work with you to negotiate a lower price if you've told them you're going elsewhere for financing, but to refuse to honor advertised prices is very sketchy.
I went to their website. It was pretty clear to me that advertised prices were also referencing things like financing. They also said they don't haggle. So either some of those complaints were from people that didn't fully review the offered terms or were possibly trying to pull their own last minute bait and switch.
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
A dealer in Murfreesboro Tennessee, (Beaman) quoted me invoice minus holdback minus $400. They have a $499 processing fee. This was within $600 of Koons deal for me (Koons take an extra $250 for tread lightly) so, looks to be within $350 if you don't have TL.

MSRP was $47,540
Invoice was $44,962
Sales price was $43,172 + $499 + tax/title/etc...

**Edited price**

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
A dealer in Murfreesboro Tennessee, (Beaman) quoted me invoice minus holdback minus $400. They have a $499 processing fee. This was within $600 of Koons deal for me (Koons take an extra $250 for tread lightly) so, looks to be within $350 if you don't have TL.

MSRP was $47,540
Invoice was $44,962
Sales price was $43,672 + $499 + tax/title/etc...
I don't follow your math. Koon's 5% off invoice + their fee is still more than 3.5% below invoice. For an invoice price of $44,962 that's a sales price of $43,388 (using flat 3.5%, is actually slightly more) + tax/title/etc - roughly $800 less.

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
I have a hard time believing that would be legal. I can certainly see them declining to work with you to negotiate a lower price if you've told them you're going elsewhere for financing, but to refuse to honor advertised prices is very sketchy.
You may be right, I dunno. Does Idaho have laws?

On the phone, I was told that outside financing would add $1,000 to the price, which puts them right smack even with the 5%-under-invoice dealers. Since I wouldn't be buying a vehicle off the lot, there is no advertised price to work from.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Screenshot_20171222-164831.png
I don't follow your math. Koon's 5% off invoice + their fee is still more than 3.5% below invoice. For an invoice price of $44,962 that's a sales price of $43,388 (using flat 3.5%, is actually slightly more) + tax/title/etc - roughly $800 less.
Actually I wrote those numbers wrong. It should be $43,172 plus $499 which equals $43,672. Plus tax title and fees.

Koons price was $43,051 after 5% below invoice and adding in their processing fee. Plus tax title and fees.

Last edited:

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
You may be right, I dunno. Does Idaho have laws?

On the phone, I was told that outside financing would add $1,000 to the price, which puts them right smack even with the 5%-under-invoice dealers. Since I wouldn't be buying a vehicle off the lot, there is no advertised price to work from.
Yes Idaho has laws but we don't go crazy with them. Idaho was just named the fastest growing state in the nation. It's simple to see why really https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...0738949.html&usg=AOvVaw3tj1OTo04Ry-tTC1_ccF1W

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Bumping this up. I exchanged a few emails with Mark Gusman @ River Oaks Jeep in Houston, TX
He confirmed that he could do 4% under invoice with no processing fees!
His Contact # 713.882.8150

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
if you figure an Msrp build price of about 49K then take off say 12% = 43750( Dillions)
If you do it he other way with 5% below invoice I get $43265 approx + processing fee 599-699=43864 so these are within $114 of each other. ( Koons and others)
either way both pretty darn good and My hats off to all the dealers who are doing this.

Gpndavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2
Take this as you will. The invoice price you can find on the internet and that you are shown by the dealer is inflated. Pre-internet the invoice price was a valuable piece of information for the buyer. Today, not so much. I sold Jeeps in 1986 and carefully examined how sale prices were determined. We would sell anything at invoice plus $300. The dealership would get the 3% holdback. If the customer wasn't savvy, we would keep the factory incentives. There were all kinds of tricks that made me sick and I got out of the business. So based on my analysis, if you want a real invoice number, subtract 10% from the base price and 20% from the options total. Get your financing arranged ahead of time and go in as a cash deal. Oh yeah, give them a time limit to make the deal like "I am writing you a check for the agreed price. You have 1 hour to process this and give me the keys or the deal is off.). Take control, stay in control.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I got 6% below invoice with no extra fees, no financing requirements, no trade-in, and no treadlightly discount out here in California.

Work it. =)
Would you mind sharing the dealer/sales person so that I can add it to the list(if they are ok with it?)

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Would you mind sharing the dealer/sales person so that I can add it to the list(if they are ok with it?)
I am not sharing the dealer I went with quite yet. Need to speak with them first.

I posted in the West Coast thread the list of other dealers that I dealt with though.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sharing the dealer I went with quite yet. Need to speak with them first.

I posted in the West Coast thread the list of other dealers that I dealt with though.
I understand, I made sure it was ok to post pricing/contact info with the dealers I spoke to as well. Let us know if they are ok with you posting and I will add them to the list to help others local to you. I'm happy to have found a local dealer that won't give me another ulcer haggling over pricing... While I love Jeeps/Cars/Truck, I sure do dislike the negotiating/buying process.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I understand, I made sure it was ok to post pricing/contact info with the dealers I spoke to as well. Let us know if they are ok with you posting and I will add them to the list to help others local to you. I'm happy to have found a local dealer that won't give me another ulcer haggling over pricing... While I love Jeeps/Cars/Truck, I sure do dislike the negotiating/buying process.
Yep, I agree!

The use of email has made the process a hell of a lot easier, in my opinion.

It only took me 2 days to get a few dealers locked in at 6% below invoice. I had assumed it wouldn't be possible out here in California. I proved myself wrong.

And there was a dealer out here that argued I'd never get it below MSRP. They quoted me at 4% OVER MSRP. lmao. I saved over $7k by doing some shopping. They have lost their mind!
Sponsored