Best deals found on a new JL?

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
Dumb question, but are these percentages off invoice a percent off of the MSRP that's calculated on the online configurator, or is it off of a different number that only dealers can give?

Basically, is invoice and MSRP the same thing?
Not a dumb question. It can be confusing. Basically MSRP and invoice are arbitrary numbers that dont mean anything. But it does help with negotiations and determining what qualifies as a good deal.
Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Not a serial killer today.... But with people the way they are nowadays I can't guarantee what happens in the future :devil:
The Jeep community has always been great! I've been a member of over 20 different car forums over the years, and not one group of people seem to bond together to help one another like the Jeep community.
I agree with this! The Tacoma Forums I use, people are just mean as hell to each other, and ridicule those who lift their trucks and add larger tires. It’s something else!

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Dumb question, but are these percentages off invoice a percent off of the MSRP that's calculated on the online configurator, or is it off of a different number that only dealers can give?

Here's an example of a build with MSRP and Invoice (FWP) prices listed for Fox with a dealer hand written price of 5% off invoice at bottom:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/page-18#post-60165

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon

I found an answer somewhere on this forum that to see invoice price, you can use a site such as Navy Federal, which will allow you to build a vehicle and show MSRP and invoice
https://www.navyfederalautobuying.com/new_cars/

The thing to be careful of - as I am quickly learning - is that 1% of invoice really isn't a huge amount - about $400 on a $40k vehicle. So 5% under invoice with a $1,000 "processing fee" is really about 2.5% under invoice.

Keeping a notepad or xls table of costs helps get a real comparison, and if ordering (which is where it's easy to find under-invoice deals) it doesn't hurt to evaluate 3-4 different dealers and options - and include your travel costs to go pick it up. A local dealer at 2% under invoice may be a better deal than a dealer who is 1200 miles away at 6% under invoice.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I'm posting this to find out which dealers are offering the best prices. We know Koons is offering great pricing at 5% below invoice, but I'm sure a lot of people, like me, are looking for dealers in their area. If you have a dealer that has confirmed pricing please let me know so I can add it to the list for others.

Confirmed Pricing:

Massachusetts / NE
  • Station Jeep Mansfield, MA
  • 5% below invoice
  • Doc fees are $384
  • mention referred by Mortimer a fellow forum member Ask for Ryan the business manager or Rob.
  • Station Jeep
  • 91 Chauncy St, Route 106
  • Mansfield, MA 02048

Mansfield, MA
Are these 2 the same?

Sponsored

Jeepeninutah

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
The Denis Dillon contact may no longer be available. Emailed last night and received a email back stating he would get started and asked my zip code. Then radio silence... Emails to him this evening come back as undeliverable. :( Anyone have another person they were working with?

marv1294

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Student
The Denis Dillon contact may no longer be available. Emailed last night and received a email back stating he would get started and asked my zip code. Then radio silence... Emails to him this evening come back as undeliverable. :( Anyone have another person they were working with?
Same here asked my zip then nothing, emailed him again to see if there were any updates. Didn’t get a message back saying undeliverable. Hopefully he’s just busy getting all our business and will get back to us soon

marv1294

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Student
I found an answer somewhere on this forum that to see invoice price, you can use a site such as Navy Federal, which will allow you to build a vehicle and show MSRP and invoice
https://www.navyfederalautobuying.com/new_cars/

The thing to be careful of - as I am quickly learning - is that 1% of invoice really isn't a huge amount - about $400 on a $40k vehicle. So 5% under invoice with a $1,000 "processing fee" is really about 2.5% under invoice.

Keeping a notepad or xls table of costs helps get a real comparison, and if ordering (which is where it's easy to find under-invoice deals) it doesn't hurt to evaluate 3-4 different dealers and options - and include your travel costs to go pick it up. A local dealer at 2% under invoice may be a better deal than a dealer who is 1200 miles away at 6% under invoice.
Good idea! That’s exactly what I’m doing since I was informed that MSRP and invoice were different. The deal in Idaho is looking less attractive for me on the east coast, in favor for Tyson in Illinois.

3829700A-5B93-49A0-9BAE-ED11E1EF8E13.png

LVTiffy

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubi
I also received an email.asking 4 my zip and received nothing back even though he said he is doing it now... I emailed him again several hrs later and received no reply..

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I got an email from Kim @ Superiorfivestar in Conway this morning. She has taken orders from 19 people around the country. Pretty cool.....

"Thank you for putting my name out there! It has been awesome. I have ordered 19 Jeeps for people all over the country!

I will keep you posted on when it actually ships.

Thanks!"

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I got an email from Kim @ Superiorfivestar in Conway this morning. She has taken orders from 19 people around the country. Pretty cool.....

"Thank you for putting my name out there! It has been awesome. I have ordered 19 Jeeps for people all over the country!

I will keep you posted on when it actually ships.

Thanks!"
Indeed, Kim has been very accessible via phone and email with alot Q/A. Just this morning she emailed to advise that she saw the Trail Rail Mgmt and the Sky View Top pop into the order system....though it was greyed out still she said.

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Hello All,

I have been lurking here the last few weeks and found this forum filled with such helpful people!

I am planning on ordering a JL Rubicon once Mojito is available. I want to add MOPAR accessories such as a lift and rims and 35 inch tires and lights. I realize if I go aftermarket it will be cheaper but I plan on buying the Max care lifetime bumber to bumber warranty, so the MOPAR items will be covered. I normally drive my cars till they die, so I hope to keep this Jeep for the next 20 years.

Do you negotiate the accessories as a percentage off invoice like the actual Jeep? How about labor for the installation?

Thanks for your help.

TexasSki

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
Houston, TX
  • Mark Gusman @ River Oaks Jeep
  • 4% Under Invoice with no processing fees(Mention JL Forums)
  • Phone # 713.882.8150
  • Email: [email protected]
  • Only Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico
  • $300 Deposit
are you only allowed to order from River if you live in those states?

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
are you only allowed to order from River if you live in those states?
You can email Mark, but at the time the higher ups only wanted to deal with surrounding states.
Sponsored