Sponsored

Best dealer to order from in New Jersey?

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
Anyone here from New Jersey that had good experiences with a dealer and was able to get 1% below invoice or better? I'm from the central NJ area. I'm thinking of going to Koons so I can get the 5% below invoice, but getting the same deal closer would be nice.
Sponsored

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Subbed....curious to know as well.

BrooklynJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
Been to several and it’s amazing how little they know about the JL. I can’t stand walking into a dealership and I know more about the product then the salesperson. Not just the new Wrangler but current vehicles on the lot.

Have been looking at Rams too and it’s just amazing how little they know. Why is that?
Jersey sucks! Lol

TraktorE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I ordered from Nielsen Jeep in East Hanover. So far so good - they were knowledgeable about the upcoming JL and I could order early December.

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
I ordered from Nielsen Jeep in East Hanover. So far so good - they were knowledgeable about the upcoming JL and I could order early December.
How were they on pricing. I was told once that they would match the Koons deal when I got my JK. When I went in the manager that said they would match it was on vacation and they wouldn't budge much under MSRP. I passed and got my Jeep elsewhere.

Sponsored

TraktorE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Invoice -1% through my company which was good enough to place an order.

kp007

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Sahara
South NJ guy here.. went to a dealer last week who said he had pricing. Waited for him to show up for 15 mins (first strike). When we started talking, it was very clear he knew nothing about JL (or JK).. I had to tell him about the packages and stuff (strike 2). Then he takes the scratch pad and does the usual let me price it with my manager stunt and comes back 15 minutes later to tell me that they dont have the pricing yet. Needless to say even if they beat Koons offer, I won't be buying from them.

OP
OP
kacper244

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
South NJ guy here.. went to a dealer last week who said he had pricing. Waited for him to show up for 15 mins (first strike). When we started talking, it was very clear he knew nothing about JL (or JK).. I had to tell him about the packages and stuff (strike 2). Then he takes the scratch pad and does the usual let me price it with my manager stunt and comes back 15 minutes later to tell me that they dont have the pricing yet. Needless to say even if they beat Koons offer, I won't be buying from them.
Could you let me know which dealer you went to?

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red
I received a quote from Craig @ Koon's for the Sahara JL but can't order from him until next week when he is back so I went to Buhler in Hazlet NJ to see what their price was. The saleman there said he was going to look to see what they had in stock and I had to tell him he doesn't have any in stock, they haven't shipped yet, I knew more then him on the JL's.

I asked him for the price and when I told him I got a quote of 5% off he looked at me like I had 3 heads, he did check to see what they could do on pricing, he came back to me and said they couldn't even come close and didn't even give me a price. Looks like I will be ordering from Koons and taking a 3 1/2 hour drive from NJ to Koon's to get the Jeep from them. I already told my 18 year old son we would go together to pick it up and drive it home together. I'm a single mom and buying the Jeep for myself :) , can't wait.

Sponsored

mark195

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2016 SRT
I’ve had the same experience and Cherry Hill and other dealers in South Jersey area....this time around I didn’t waste time. Heard about Craig, gave him a call. He’s been very helpful, responsive, knew a lot about the JL. He initially quoted me 3% below invoice on a new JL 8 weeks ago and I ordered at that point. They increased their discount to 5% later on and I got an email from him out of the blue to say they were increasing the discount...honestly, he didn’t have to do that. I had agreed to 3% but I’m happy to take the 5% they’re giving me....I think that alone shows a lot about how they’re doing business and running this deal. I will be happy to take the 3.5 hour ride down to pick it up and save a lot of money and pain in the process...I ordered in early November and just waiting at this point.

felixk2

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Ordered mine from Vito at Nielsen in East Hanover...Good stuff

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter

kp007

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Sahara
I’ve had the same experience and Cherry Hill and other dealers in South Jersey area....this time around I didn’t waste time. Heard about Craig, gave him a call. He’s been very helpful, responsive, knew a lot about the JL. He initially quoted me 3% below invoice on a new JL 8 weeks ago and I ordered at that point. They increased their discount to 5% later on and I got an email from him out of the blue to say they were increasing the discount...honestly, he didn’t have to do that. I had agreed to 3% but I’m happy to take the 5% they’re giving me....I think that alone shows a lot about how they’re doing business and running this deal. I will be happy to take the 3.5 hour ride down to pick it up and save a lot of money and pain in the process...I ordered in early November and just waiting at this point.
This is what is called as "good customer service". Things like these build relationships where we go and become the dealers mouthpiece. Sigh, unfortunately, this is not so common anymore, in any line of business anymore.
Sponsored