Best components for Rancho lift?

bsanders21

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Looking to buy Rancho lift to add 3.5" to my current Sport S (+2.5" on Rubi?). Will be adding 17" Fuel Beast with 35s.

What supporting parts should I get to minimize NVH and simply support the suspension and new geometry for daily driving? Front track bar? UCA vs LCA? and as I build further a year from now, eventually driveshaft and regearing?

I like Rancho because they seem to care most about matching spring rates to shocks, and that's going to give me the best daily ride. I don't need MC or RK for extreme off-roading, and I could always add their components if I go that route.

It's my DD and will only be used for mild off road trails. No heavy rock crawling in the near future. I've spent 20 years modifying my import 4 bangers with turbos and suspension, but now I'm in the 4x4 world and have a lot to learn. Bought the Jeep a month ago to haul my Great Dane but fell in love with it.

By far the best aftermarket community I've been in. Everyone has an opinion, I'm just too new to know who's blowing smoke, swingin' on nuts, or offering legit advice. Hoping I'm making the best decision and I'm willing to be convinced otherwise with technical guidance on why I should do what.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2016 KL Limited
Looking to buy Rancho lift to add 3.5" to my current Sport S (+2.5" on Rubi?). Will be adding 17" Fuel Beast with 35s.

What supporting parts should I get to minimize NVH and simply support the suspension and new geometry for daily driving? Front track bar? UCA vs LCA? and as I build further a year from now, eventually driveshaft and regearing?

I like Rancho because they seem to care most about matching spring rates to shocks, and that's going to give me the best daily ride. I don't need MC or RK for extreme off-roading, and I could always add their components if I go that route.

It's my DD and will only be used for mild off road trails. No heavy rock crawling in the near future. I've spent 20 years modifying my import 4 bangers with turbos and suspension, but now I'm in the 4x4 world and have a lot to learn. Bought the Jeep a month ago to haul my Great Dane but fell in love with it.

By far the best aftermarket community I've been in. Everyone has an opinion, I'm just too new to know who's blowing smoke, swingin' on nuts, or offering legit advice. Hoping I'm making the best decision and I'm willing to be convinced otherwise with technical guidance on why I should do what.
I installed the 3.5” lift with the RS9000 shocks, control arm geometry correction bracket, and front adjustable track bar on my 2018 Sahara about a month ago and I’m very happy with the ride. Steering is better than stock because of the more positive caster from the geometry bracket. The lift shifted the front axle about 0.5” to the driver side so I added the track bar to recenter the axle. Rear shifted about the same distance to the passenger side so I ordered a rear track bar as well but apparently Rancho is slow with a delivery date. I did an easy to moderate trail (basketball sized rocks) and the suspension performed better than when I did the same trail stock.
Skip the quick disconnects if you’re your thinking about those. To me it’s easier just to use a socket and wrench to disconnect, rather than have to deal with tight fitting quick disconnects. I’d rather save the money for upgrading the drag link and tie rod to support bigger tires.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I'd add the Rancho geometry correction brackets and possibly an adjustable front track bar. Other than that you should be good to go with that kit.

Last edited:

GT-Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab JL
Occupation
CAD Designer
I'd add the Rancho geometry correction brackets and possibly an adjustable front track bar. Other than that you should be good to go with that kit.
I just had the Rancho Kit installed on my '18 Moab and I had the Rancho geometry brackets installed. My Moab has always driven nice but I feel with the Rancho brackets its just a little bit nicer, its a very subtle difference but noticeable and super stable.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I just had the Rancho Kit installed on my '18 Moab and I had the Rancho geometry brackets installed. My Moab has always driven nice but I feel with the Rancho brackets its just a little bit nicer, its a very subtle difference but noticeable and super stable.
I'm a big fan of the brackets. Glad they made a positive difference.
Sponsored