First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone!

Since we are at that time of year where the leaves are starting to change and Colorado is a great place to experience this, I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations.

Im not looking for anything crazy. Moderate seems to about in my comfort range since I'm still new to my jeep and going off road. I don't have a winch at this point either.

Anyone have favorite spots?
Sponsored

gwl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I don't know what part of Colorado you are wanting to travel in, but we have spent many Septembers in southwest Colorado. The absolute best fall colors are Kebler / Ohio passes and Grand Mesa. However for Jeep trails I think that the west side of Ophir and Owl Creek (both of which are easy) have good colors too.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just did a whirlwind trip to Denver and the colors around Fairplay are great.

Honestly I imagine just about anywhere with aspens is good. I'm considering checking out the C.B. area this weekend, but damn I wish Pearl was open all the way through!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Datjeeptho

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Good info everyone! Thank you. I want to go up this weekend for sure. I just need to decide on a trail.
Argentine seems like a good option. I might go that route

KPersCO

First Name
KP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon, '13 WRX Wagon
Occupation
Engineer
Twin cone is a great fall colors trail. It's in the Kenosha pass area which is always CRAZY during leaf season but most of the mayhem is all hikers. The only draw back is they closed the top part of the trail so you can no longer go all the way to the top.