Best car wash

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I saw a product one time someone had shown me they spray all over a utv, rinsed , and it shined.
I ran the jeep through the carwash, and then hand washed it after, and it still has dirt .
I am looking for something that is paint and wax safe, yet actually gets the dirt off.
Sponsored

OnThRcks

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I saw a product one time someone had shown me they spray all over a utv, rinsed , and it shined.
I ran the jeep through the carwash, and then hand washed it after, and it still has dirt .
I am looking for something that is paint and wax safe, yet actually gets the dirt off.

Chemical Guys. Washes the mud right off my bright white JL with no problem.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Sounds like you need to clay bar the paint. Usually when the dirt wont come off easily then its embedded into your paint and can only be removed safest with a clay bar.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!

Sponsored

LBSRACING

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Another vote for Chemical Guys. Been using their products for years. Also agree with Clay bar and ceramic coating. We had our last Jeep done and it was so easy to keep clean.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Another vote for chemical guys, just washed her yesterday morning.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best car wash 20210828_090929

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Chemical Guys again. For Ceramic Coated I use ONR.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Sounds like you need to clay bar the paint. Usually when the dirt wont come off easily then its embedded into your paint and can only be removed safest with a clay bar.
I do not think we are at clay baring it yet, it is a month old. I hit two puddles on a dirt road bring my Polaris Ranger out to the trail.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
If your Jeep is truly dirty, a PH neutral soap isn't going to cut down on it. I would recommend getting a stronger soap, one that'll strip waxes but also has cleaning power. My personal recommendation would be Purple Power Boat and RV which you can get at Walmart for pretty cheap. It's not a soap you use all the time though. Use it once or twice a year. Chemical Guys does have great soaps, just none will have the cleaning power of PP. Chemical Guys Citrus Wash will also strip waxes and has stronger cleaning power than any of their other soaps but not to the extent of the PP.

PH neutral soaps are good for cars already waxed and washed often. When it comes to embedded dirt or mud, they're not good. Relative to soaps they're weak.

Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Im sort of a car wash snob. I will not allow a 60k vehicle anywhere near an automatic car wash for obvious reasons. I am 100% a ADAM's guy. I actually enjoy washing and waxing a car. I dont do the shiny tires but I do like a sparkling clear coat. As Strommen mentioned above, there are products for different situations that you need to understand before just washing a vehicle.

Check this video out for a good top 10 list of Adam's products

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
OP stated that he hand washed his Jeep & dirt still remains. That definitely sounds like a bigger problem then some car wash šŸ§¼ soap. That means u do not have surface dirt cause any soap & mitt would remove that. Regardless of brand. Your dirt is stuck in the clear. I would try clay first then if still there. U need a high speed buff possibly by a professional.

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Im sort of a car wash snob. I will not allow a 60k vehicle anywhere near an automatic car wash for obvious reasons. I am 100% a ADAM's guy. I actually enjoy washing and waxing a car. I dont do the shiny tires but I do like a sparkling clear coat. As Strommen mentioned above, there are products for different situations that you need to understand before just washing a vehicle.

Check this video out for a good top 10 list of Adam's products

Oh boy. You just opened one hell of a rabbit hole. If you want to know anything about keeping your car looking new, watch Pan the organizer. He is awsome, but you can spend quite a bit of time finding out how to get a great looking auto. I mean a LOT of time, don't ask me how I know. But if you want to do it right, he is the man.

OP
OP
LITTLE WILLYS

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
OP stated that he hand washed his Jeep & dirt still remains. That definitely sounds like a bigger problem then some car wash šŸ§¼ soap. That means u do not have surface dirt cause any soap & mitt would remove that. Regardless of brand. Your dirt is stuck in the clear. I would try clay first then if still there. U need a high speed buff possibly by a professional.
I was driving through two small puddles on a dirt road. Everything was splashed up. The car wash has never failed me, and then the hand car wash after leads me to believe something was in the water. The jeep is new, and had just been waxed the week before. It stuck to the paint, and the plastic. I have never seen anything like it. I have had vehicles more than tire deep in mud, and the a wash cleaned the mess. I used windex, and a microfiber cloth on the paint, and it seemed to come off on the painted surfaces.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I was driving through two small puddles on a dirt road. Everything was splashed up. The car wash has never failed me, and then the hand car wash after leads me to believe something was in the water. The jeep is new, and had just been waxed the week before. It stuck to the paint, and the plastic. I have never seen anything like it. I have had vehicles more than tire deep in mud, and the a wash cleaned the mess. I used windex, and a microfiber cloth on the paint, and it seemed to come off on the painted surfaces.
Is it more of a stain? Other than that, my first thought of dirt that won't come off with a wash mitt is road tar.
Sponsored