First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
All of these aforementioned CAIs, do any of them require cutting the hood? The dealer is offering free install if I buy the Mopar CAI but they have the cut the hood and I don’t want my pretty Rubicon decal to go away, haha. And, yes, I’m only interested in the sound as I’m building my Fast and Furious street Jeep :rock: :LOL:
Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I recently installed the Mopar CAI, however I have not yet installed the hood vent. My plans are to add the Borla Touring Climber (when 2-door version is available) and most likely a Livernois tune, at this time I will decide whether or not to add the side hood vent.
My initial impressions on the Mopar CIA are favorable. At idle and cruising the sound level is pretty much the same as stock, however when you get on it you are aware you have a CAI. As far as performance goes, initially there seemed to be little if any difference and mileage (for whatever reason) dropped a little more than 1 mpg. After a week or so mileage returned (and may have increased .5 mpg) and performance seemed a little better...

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I recently installed the Mopar CAI, however I have not yet installed the hood vent. My plans are to add the Borla Touring Climber (when 2-door version is available) and most likely a Livernois tune, at this time I will decide whether or not to add the side hood vent.
My initial impressions on the Mopar CIA are favorable. At idle and cruising the sound level is pretty much the same as stock, however when you get on it you are aware you have a CAI. As far as performance goes, initially there seemed to be little if any difference and mileage (for whatever reason) dropped a little more than 1 mpg. After a week or so mileage returned (and may have increased .5 mpg) and performance seemed a little better...
You’ll like the Borla Touring (have the axle back version). My Jeep is less than a month old but I picked a used one up last weekend and love the exhaust note now over stock. A tennis teammate of mine buys/sells cars for a living and was about to bust my chops for putting an exhaust on a V6 but was thoroughly impressed by the deeper note, lack of drone, and it did not sound obnoxious like some diced up Civic.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Inh
All of these aforementioned CAIs, do any of them require cutting the hood? The dealer is offering free install if I buy the Mopar CAI but they have the cut the hood and I don’t want my pretty Rubicon decal to go away, haha. And, yes, I’m only interested in the sound as I’m building my Fast and Furious street Jeep :rock: :LOL:
If sound is all your after probably not the best pick. The mopar is quieter at idle using a DB meter. There is a bit more sound at low rpms or WOT. The hood vent did increase my mpg by 1-2. I had just the air box on for a few months with no change before I cut the hood.
Sponsored