Sponsored

Best "budget" synthetic winch line (and best cover?)?

Chaostactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm aware you don't want to cheap out on cable/line/rope so I'm not trying to find Chinese paracord to wrap my winch drum with. However, Warn Spydura is overpriced for what you get.

For instance, I've heard decent reviews on the 3/8ths Dyneema from Xbull
X-BULL SK75

So looking for suggestions to replace 100' of 10,000# cable for my Gen 2 Smittybilt winch. Also looking for cover suggestions.

Thank you
Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm aware you don't want to cheap out on cable/line/rope so I'm not trying to find Chinese paracord to wrap my winch drum with. However, Warn Spydura is overpriced for what you get.

X-BULL SK75

So looking for suggestions to replace 100' of 10,000# cable for my Gen 2 Smittybilt winch. Also looking for cover suggestions.

Thank you
I live in Vegas so Dry Rott is a huge problem here, I order a simple cover off amazon for this very reason.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YZ5PLCQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_5505.jpeg

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles

X-BULL SK75

Thank you
I have this line but did not have a chance to really use it yet. It was fine when I was pretensioning the line with locked (due to autopark, somehow did not realize it) rear wheels.

Sponsored

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I have a Smittybilt synthetic rope that I got at 4wheelonline. It is not the most inexpensive but still, it won't break the bank. It is very heavy-duty and light in weight.

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
Sorry to stir this thread up a while later, but was wondering if anyone has had more input on this topic? I was looking at the X-Bull 3/8” x 100’ synthetic winch rope. It has 4.6 stars on Amazon (nearly 800 reviews), is SK75 rated, and seems to be an overall good value.

Just wondering if anyone went with this one and had any problems with it? Or if there’s another synthetic rope sub $200 that you’d strongly recommend instead?

@Chaostactics Have you had a chance to test this line yet on the trails / in the field?

Thanks!

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Sorry to stir this thread up a while later, but was wondering if anyone has had more input on this topic? I was looking at the X-Bull 3/8” x 100’ synthetic winch rope. It has 4.6 stars on Amazon (nearly 800 reviews), is SK75 rated, and seems to be an overall good value.

Just wondering if anyone went with this one and had any problems with it? Or if there’s another synthetic rope sub $200 that you’d strongly recommend instead?

@Chaostactics Have you had a chance to test this line yet on the trails / in the field?

Thanks!
I have one and used it couple of times. Had no problems. Also harbor freights sells a synthetic winch line for reasonable money.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I've been buying my winch line from Custom Splice for years. Todd offers great products, great service and competitive prices. For example 125' of 3/8" Diamond Line (his house brand) is $175. I've been trying to buy American made products when possible, so the line on my JL is Amsteel Blue which cost $240 for 100' of 3/8" line.
Sponsored