Best Brand Level II charger for 4Xe?

Mowcowbell

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Been using this one for 7 weeks now .. charge at least once a day & sometimes 3 ... it works great & never an issue. It shows amps being used. Very good quality & only $280.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07VLFV715?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Cheers, Jon
Be careful of that model... I bought one of those and after a few months of use, the NEMA 14-50 plug started getting VERY hot. I ended up needing to take apart the plug and use better quality copper wire clips.
Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I don't know yet if it's good... but I found a few reviews talking about Autel chargers, then this one got a $100 discount on Amazon so I have one on order.

Autel MaxiCharger Home Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger, up to 40 Amp, 240V, Level 2 WiFi and Bluetooth Enabled EVSE, Indoor/Outdoor, 25-Foot Cable with Separate Holster, Dark Gray
I have a ChargePoint currently and ordered one of these Autels (should be here tomorrow) to compare. I’m still within my return window for the ChargePoint so I figured I’d give the Autel a shot. Initial reviews and the sale price are too good to ignore.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

You didn’t ask my opinion, but this is the internet, so FWIW - I would not buy a 4XE again. The service support from the network is still not there. I got rid of mine and smiled the day it left.
There is only one network out there worth a damn and that is the Tesla Supercharger network. Not a chance in hell if but any electric (PHEV OR BEV) car other than a Tesla at this time based solely on the leading charging network outside of Tesla's.

MD13

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 WJ; 2022 JLU 4xe
Occupation
IT
Jeep Wrangler JL Best Brand Level II charger for 4Xe? PXL_20220915_144112270

Jeep Wrangler JL Best Brand Level II charger for 4Xe? PXL_20220917_185623893 (1)

I really like the ChargePoint HomeFlex. We have ChargePoint at work (free charging under the solar panels for employees!) so I only need one app, and Eversource was offering a rebate on the unit and installation for home charging that included ChargePoint and one other brand.

Sponsored

colojeepr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubi
I ordered the Quasar2 by Wallbox. Doesn't need to connect to the cloud and allows for us to reverse charge when the power is out. Our big house project for 2023 is to add enough solar and storage to be independent of the grid and the 4xe adds a few additional KWh of autonomy if needed.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I ordered the Quasar2 by Wallbox. Doesn't need to connect to the cloud and allows for us to reverse charge when the power is out. Our big house project for 2023 is to add enough solar and storage to be independent of the grid and the 4xe adds a few additional KWh of autonomy if needed.
Uhhh.... you may want to rethink this. The Jeep 4xe is NOT a DC charging vehicle and can not do power to grid aka bidirectional charging. I can't seem to pull up the specs on the Quasar2, but usually dc charging uses a different connector so it may not even be able to charge your 4xe.

colojeepr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubi
Uhhh.... you may want to rethink this. The Jeep 4xe is NOT a DC charging vehicle and can not do power to grid aka bidirectional charging. I can't seem to pull up the specs on the Quasar2, but usually dc charging uses a different connector so it may not even be able to charge your 4xe.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Worst case scenario I am future proof for the next vehicle. Here's the link for the Quasar:

quasar2-dc-charger

gtojon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
Be careful of that model... I bought one of those and after a few months of use, the NEMA 14-50 plug started getting VERY hot. I ended up needing to take apart the plug and use better quality copper wire clips.
I have felt that plug on the wall many times & it has never been more than luke warm. Sorry you had issues with yours. I will keep monitoring it.

Cheers, Jon

First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE, 2010 Unlimited, 2002 2d X
Chargepoints are 3-4 weeks backordered, so if you want to get one installed for this year's taxes OR if you have a limitation from your electrical company on rebates, you need to get the order in now. (My electric company will only provide a rebate for either chargepoint or one other brand, both of which are more expensive. However between a $300 tax credit AND a $500 rebate, I'm less upset about the $750 for the charger.)

Sponsored

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I have a ChargePoint currently and ordered one of these Autels (should be here tomorrow) to compare. I’m still within my return window for the ChargePoint so I figured I’d give the Autel a shot. Initial reviews and the sale price are too good to ignore.
@redracer

any updates? Autel Cyber Monday sale for 397! About to click buy

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
@redracer

Oh Yes. I got it up and running the previous weekend. It works great! The jeep charges in 2 hours. The app is good, and it reports useage and when the jeep has started and finished charging and how much it took. It also tells you how much each charge is costing and gives me a running total for each month.

Oh, and the unit itself is built really heavy duty and the cable is very thick. No heating during charging at all.

I'll easily recommend the Autel MaxiCharger for the 4xe!

Mowcowbell

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
@redracer

I've been using the Autel Maxicharger for over 2 months now. Works great, love the WiFi features and the ability to adjust the amp output from the phone app.

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Ordered… will be a nice upgrade plus there is a decent chance my wife’s next car is an EV. I already have a 50a breaker and 6-50 plug ran to where I charge so zero extra cost with this, just plug and play!

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
@redracer

Do it! It’s a great charger. Tons of features (that all work) and quality is top notch. I ended up not keeping mine because my energy company had a perk that fully reimbursed me if I went with a ChargePoint. At 400 dollars it’s an absolute steal in my opinion.
Sponsored