OD-Green-JL

First Name
SHANE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara JL
Happy Friday Men,
Just had a quick question. Was wondering what Air Intake system are most you guys running on your JL's. Just looking for a pretty simple bolt-on system for better air flow and a few extra HP. Thanks for the imput and have a great weekend.
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Don’t waste your money. I know you probably don’t want to hear it, but manufactures are doing a much better job with their designs tha lt a CAI is a waste. For a TJ, sure, but not a JK or JL or any other new car manufactured in the last ten years or so.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Thanks for the Video.

Any suggestions on brand?

aFe?
K&N?
Flowmaster?

These are a few that i've seen out there all around $325 or so.

Thanks again
I think you missed the point of the video. Save your money and keep the stock intake!

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I got aFe intake. Used it for about 2000 miles. The sound is great. Arguably there is a small gain hp but what matters is that it feels more powerful lol. :like:
Only reason I removed it is because I decided to go for the real deal with a supercharger :rock:

Last edited:

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Happy Friday Men,
Just had a quick question. Was wondering what Air Intake system are most you guys running on your JL's. Just looking for a pretty simple bolt-on system for better air flow and a few extra HP. Thanks for the imput and have a great weekend.
Save your money and keep it stock. Any gains are miniscule at best, and even then only available at or near redline.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Your video literally says the exact opposite of what you are saying.
I must’ve copied the wrong link. I just did a quick search for “cai mythbusted.” Whatever, the point is that it’s a gimmick, particularly for modern naturally aspirated engines. Not only are there no performance gains, but they’re a terrible idea for an off-road vehicle (water and dust/dirt).

As for sound, let’s be honest. The pentastar will never sound like anything more than a ricer even with headers and a catback. Buy a Gen 1 Raptor if you want a truck that growls.

Sponsored

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Cai, high octane, exhaust and tuner can make a difference together. Cai by itself...meh.
Saying that forced injection is the only way to pull more performance is like saying more air, higher octane and a tune is the only way to get better performance but more air, higher octane and a tune is also not the best way to get better performance.
Gearing will always right more wrongs than accessories do and $ for $ it’s a more effective way to get more power out of a drive train than any other option.
As far as the best cai...pick something that works for the rest of your build. If you plan on going snorkel then look at something that’s a system. If you want an oilable filter then go that route. I like s&b, my last one was donated to me because I had to install a snorkel using a factory air box. I had a factory air box so I had to swap it for the s&b I was putting a snorkel on. The fit and finish was nice. Ymmv

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
:cwl:
Unleash the power of wind......

https://www.tornadoair.com/

Yep, that's what I would do......:devil:
But does it sound cool? Hell, people put bigger tires just for looks and everyone claps. ( people with no intentions to go take the car to the situation where the extra 2” would make a difference) but the OP ask for an intake, not about how good it is, and gets flooded with negative comments about wasting money. To me the biggest waste of money is tires and rims. But nobody gets attacked for doing that.
Maybe I’ll get me a tornado too. :idea:

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
:cwl:
But does it sound cool? Hell, people put bigger tires just for looks and everyone claps. ( people with no intentions to go take the car to the situation where the extra 2” would make a difference) but the OP ask for an intake, not about how good it is, and gets flooded with negative comments about wasting money. To me the biggest waste of money is tires and rims. But nobody gets attacked for doing that.
Maybe I’ll get me a tornado too. :idea:
Its good feedback to know what mods are worth it and what are not and he is asking for opinions, in this case the stock is hard to beat, so its good info
Sponsored