Sponsored

Best Bolt-On Air Intake for JL 3.6L?

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
anyone noticing any kind of increase in MPG? I'm looking at the Banks intake, but I don't really care about the sound. If I can get even 1/2mpg better, then I can justify it for me.
I did see a bump with the Mopar CAI. But only after I installed the hood vent. I had just the airbox on for several months and noticed no increase. Went up 2mpg after the vent was cut in.
Sponsored

mkunkel20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2017 JKU Sahara
:cwl:
But does it sound cool? Hell, people put bigger tires just for looks and everyone claps. ( people with no intentions to go take the car to the situation where the extra 2” would make a difference) but the OP ask for an intake, not about how good it is, and gets flooded with negative comments about wasting money. To me the biggest waste of money is tires and rims. But nobody gets attacked for doing that.
Maybe I’ll get me a tornado too. :idea:
How dare you insult those who finance $6000 in wheels and tires before they're done signing at the dealership!

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
How dare you insult those who finance $6000 in wheels and tires before they're done signing at the dealership!
That is straight peaches compared to the "PSA" dedicated to bashing how celebrities modify their Jeeps on the front page of this website. It's like those HOAs that sue a homeowner for parking a pick-up truck in their own damn driveway "because they consider it a visual blight on the community." The time-honored fine traditional American art of MYO(damn)B has been lost to the ages. :LOL:

Sponsored

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
anyone that has installed one had any lights or codes thrown? i ordered an airaid the other day. havent installed it yet. im assuming unhooking the negative on the battery will eliminate any problems?

Farrish1237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB JLU
anyone that has installed one had any lights or codes thrown? i ordered an airaid the other day. havent installed it yet. im assuming unhooking the negative on the battery will eliminate any problems?
I don't know what the Airraid instructions state, but I installed a S&B aftermarket air intake and it stated to disconnect the negative battery before starting the install and wait two hours afterwards. No lights or codes after my install.,

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I don't know what the Airraid instructions state, but I installed a S&B aftermarket air intake and it stated to disconnect the negative battery before starting the install and wait two hours afterwards. No lights or codes after my install.,
it was saying to disconnect i planned on it anyhow

Tahoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab
Vehicle Showcase
For those who have installed a CAI, how does the jeep sound now?

Powerwagon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1982 Jeep CJ5, 2017 Powerwagon
I think it sounds good, The best reason for a CAI is that I can clean my filter anytime. That to me is priceless, Yes you can get a drop in filter that is washable but I like how the tube is easier to remove and replace when working on other components. IMHO the dry flow filters are the way to go, I've had many K&N oil type and they have always done a good job but were just a pain to clean and oil.
I run the K&N Blackhawk dry flow and have been pleased with it. Granted if I went mud bogging I would do something different but that's not happening.

Sponsored

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Put my airaid in tonight. I could tell a difference with response right off the bat. I think it was worth the money and upgrade. Only complaint is it will be a pain to remove filter to clean. Had an airaid on my last 4 jeeps and don't regret and never looked back. Already had an exhaust so I was good there. Don't care who thinks is a waste of money. My Jeep. My mods. My enjoyment. For those in doubt. Go for it! You won't regret!

Tahoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab
Vehicle Showcase
Put my airaid in tonight. I could tell a difference with response right off the bat. I think it was worth the money and upgrade. Only complaint is it will be a pain to remove filter to clean. Had an airaid on my last 4 jeeps and don't regret and never looked back. Already had an exhaust so I was good there. Don't care who thinks is a waste of money. My Jeep. My mods. My enjoyment. For those in doubt. Go for it! You won't regret!
Got a video of the sound?

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I'll get one and pm you with it. @Tahoma
You mind PM-ing me the video for the sound as well? Was going to go with the Mopar CAI for the sound (already have an exhaust) but not sure if I want my hood cut...
Sponsored