Best Bolt-On Air Intake for JL 3.6L?

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Its good feedback to know what mods are worth it and what are not and he is asking for opinions, in this case the stock is hard to beat, so its good info
I see your picture. You took the tornado upgrade. How’s that working for you?
Sponsored

Tavox

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
So, who has installed an intake? Which one? How do you like it?
I am just debating on which one I am going to get. Love the sound from them. I had a S&B on my JK and loved it..

ProjectReaper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
i went with K&N love it sounds great got about 1 mpg increase when installing and ill include my install video

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Just here to watch people argue :)
I absolutely love these posts...omg dirt and water blah blah blah.
First of all an intake doesn't change the location of the filter, so if you drive through a damn lake, your sucking in water whether stock airbox or aftermarket.
Dust...that is why you run a pre filter if you run in dusty conditions.
Sure it might give you 1-2 HP and MPG, hardly noticeable, unless your butt dyno is super sensitive.

Personally I always liked the sound they added, as well as the better throttle response.

And like someone else said...you put on 35" MT on your DD and your awesome, put on an intake and your a dumb ass.

That said I saw one from S&B not sure if on market yet, but looked nice, add a pre filter and your golden.

Tavox

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Thanks!
And ya, S&B is out now. Think I will go with that like my JK.. just love the sound of an intake. And they are a lot easier to remove the filter.

Sponsored

Lithograph

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I got a K&N Blackhawk, and I love it. The stock setup is fine, and I certainly didn't need a CAI, but if there's one thing I really didn't like about the 3.6L JL, it's the sound.

The K&N guarantees somewhere around 9hp at higher RPMs, so in all honesty I will rarely notice the HP unless I'm at full-throttle, but...the sound is f'ing awesome. My Jeep roars at full throttle. I haven't noticed any difference in mpg, but that could be because I keep flooring it everywhere. :rock:

I bought the K&N and the Borla exhaust, and my Jeep sounds (and runs) like a beast now.

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I got a K&N Blackhawk, and I love it. The stock setup is fine, and I certainly didn't need a CAI, but if there's one thing I really didn't like about the 3.6L JL, it's the sound.

The K&N guarantees somewhere around 9hp at higher RPMs, so in all honesty I will rarely notice the HP unless I'm at full-throttle, but...the sound is f'ing awesome. My Jeep roars at full throttle. I haven't noticed any difference in mpg, but that could be because I keep flooring it everywhere. :rock:

I bought the K&N and the Borla exhaust, and my Jeep sounds (and runs) like a beast now.
Do you get that classic cai whoose sound? That’s what I’m looking for

Lithograph

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Do you get that classic cai whoose sound? That’s what I’m looking for
Do you mean the sound where it's like the intake is sucking in big air before the engine gets RPMs up? If so, I can say that I haven't noticed that on the Jeep. I mainly notice the lack of dampening from the old intake. This one lets the engine breathe more freely, and it's just louder in general, especially at high throttle.

I'm sure that noise is there in some capacity, but if it is I've not heard it. Admittedly though, I've not listened for it either. Could be a case where I just don't notice it because I'm used to it?

Artemis

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubi 4 door 3.6 Firecracker Red
I put the Volant system on mostly for the better filtration. I like the sound of it as well. She adds a nice growl to the intake. From a fuel burn stand point I've seen zero change. I have noticed a bit better throttle response. No appreciable power increase noticed either. But living in the desert, we got lots of dust. The Volant filters are fantastic at keeping that stuff our of your engine while not restricting airflow.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku Sahara

Which Borla exhaust did you go with? I am looking at the Gibson Elite Cat-Back.

Sponsored

Lithograph

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Which Borla exhaust did you go with? I am looking at the Gibson Elite Cat-Back.
I got the S-type Axel-back in black. Friggin' love the sound it makes. Zero drone also at any speed, just like they said. I've had several strangers comment on the exhaust note.

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
I went with the Injen 5005C. Love it. Only thing I would recommend doing is removing the metal grate at the end as it restricts air and causes drone in the cabin. As soon as I removed it I felt the difference between stock and CAI

F3A9EEAE-D8D5-4C90-ACF8-F7293695CB51.jpeg

609E643A-72A9-426B-A19E-84A2BA5AF630.jpeg

76E007E0-58A8-4DC2-8322-53815EB168F9.jpeg

Tahoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab
Vehicle Showcase

Do you mind sharing a video of the sound of the Jeep now? I’m curious how it sounds now..thanks!
Sponsored