sobeit69

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
All our 7200s go solid green when finished charging and flash when nearing a full charge. Def reach out to NOCO chat directly as they provided me great support info regarding how to best charge these AGM batteries of different amp-hr capacity. FCA tech support via dealer had very little info but to simply say disconnect as per the owner’s manual instructions. Once I pointed them in the right direction, they suggested that each battery should be charged separately. FCA unfortunately has not provided any “official” written response to customers how to charge these batteries at all.
So I hooked up the Noco to there Rear cargo area Cig lighter with adapter. Been plugged in for about 2 weeks.. and does seem to show solid green most of the time, than on occasion the slow flash green.
I will check tommorow to see if I can make sure both batteries are being charged.... I was told they were both in series at dealership and the Cig lighter option should charge both.

Just wondering if I should just direct Connect to battery instead......?

Seems like that the main battery should charge first then the secondary battery next..

Last edited:

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
I will check tommorow to see if I can make sure both batteries are being charged.... I was told they were both in series at dealership and the Cig lighter option should charge both.

Seems like that the main battery should charge first then the secondary battery next..
Probs better to disconnect aux neg lead from starter battery then charge each battery separately as they have different amp-hr ratings. PITA but each battery can then be maintained and desulphated separately without over or under charging. Contact your dealer again and have them review this thread if necessary.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...battery-consolidated-information.25377/page-6

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Plugged my noco into another car and after 24hrs or so got the solid green light. So at least i know its working correctly.

Jeep battery is also okay after my dealer tested it.

OP
OP
sobeit69

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Plugged my noco into another car and after 24hrs or so got the solid green light. So at least i know its working correctly.

Jeep battery is also okay after my dealer tested it.
Cool... did you connect directly to battery so both get charged and maintained?

I still have mine in the Cig lighter in cargo area....

Thanks

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Cool... did you connect directly to battery so both get charged and maintained?

I still have mine in the Cig lighter in cargo area....

Thanks
No i put the charger on my Trans Am just to make sure it was working correctly. It only has 1 battery.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
So I hooked up the Noco to there Rear cargo area Cig lighter with adapter. Been plugged in for about 2 weeks.. and does seem to show solid green most of the time, than on occasion the slow flash green.

The occasional slow flash green may be due to the system electronics draining the batteries below the threshold where the NOCO starts charging them again.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
The occasional slow flash green may be due to the system electronics draining the batteries below the threshold where the NOCO starts charging them again.
Yep. The JL with all its electrics and delays will cause this. Eventually the car shuts down enough tho and the solid green appears.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
People with the noco genius 3500. Do you ever get a solid green light? Mine just flashes green but never shows solid indicating a full charge. Even after days of charging. Not sure if its the charger or my battery. I read those charges are not great with AGM batteries, but that thread was a couple years old.
I finally got a solid green light for my Jeep. Sat for about 3 days with the trickle charger connected. It has charged that long before and never showed solid green so not sure what changed.

Next is to fab up a mount next to the battery so I don't have to open the hood.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I've been using YUASA BATTERY MAINTAINERS ON ALL 4 OF MY VEHICLES(include 2018 Rubi/2018 SAHARA)--for over 6 years--

NO PROBLEMO !

W.E.

JIMBO

Jim M

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport 2 door
I have a Ctec battery maintainer,lasted one season I contacted company for advice on repairs,no response at all. From now on I will stick with wal -Mart ect. I have several of those,never had one to fail.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have a Ctec battery maintainer,lasted one season I contacted company for advice on repairs,no response at all. From now on I will stick with wal -Mart ect. I have several of those,never had one to fail.
I guess it's luck?

I had Battery Tender chargers go bad.

I am kind of surprised to hear that about your Ctec. It's considered a premium brand. I have a few chargers made by them that are rebranded by Porsche and Corvette. They are 8-10 years old and still working fine.

I like NOCO brand also.

I also have a 4amp smart charger / conditioner from Duracell. Got it at Costco for $30.
Sponsored