First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Installed today, very impressed. It is routed above the rear sway bar (drop the bolts to rotate down for install). No need for jack stands or lift. Fit and finish looks great and it disappears from view and is very tucked. Gives a ton more clearance, both muffler body and tip. Sound wise, no different than stock cruising or highway speeds. Slightly louder when running through the gears with hard throttle. I'm very pleased and got it on sale at the afe site. Shipped fast & very well protected and came with an adhesive heat shield pad for where it is close to the cargo area. Looking at the stock setup it seems brutal - huge and pinched down badly were it goes over the axle.

@StaindReality @Chocolate Thunder @ChattVol
Awesome. That sounds like exactly what I want. Thanks for the information and the photos.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Installed today, very impressed. It is routed above the rear sway bar (drop the bolts to rotate down for install). No need for jack stands or lift. Fit and finish looks great and it disappears from view and is very tucked. Gives a ton more clearance, both muffler body and tip. Sound wise, no different than stock cruising or highway speeds. Slightly louder when running through the gears with hard throttle. I'm very pleased and got it on sale at the afe site. Shipped fast & very well protected and came with an adhesive heat shield pad for where it is close to the cargo area. Looking at the stock setup it seems brutal - huge and pinched down badly were it goes over the axle.

@StaindReality @Chocolate Thunder @ChattVol

IMG_1300.jpg
IMG_1299.jpg
IMG_1298.jpg
IMG_1296.jpg
Thanks for the info. How much did you get it for? AFE's website has it "on sale" for $428. That's steep for a simple axle back exhaust.

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
Thanks for the info. How much did you get it for? AFE's website has it "on sale" for $428. That's steep for a simple axle back exhaust.
$364 delivered.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Hooker Blackheart high clearance muffler on the Mrs. Jeep and it is great. Tiny bit louder than stock, barely noticeable, you can hear it slight more growl when you get on the gas. The Mrs. did not want a loud exhaust and this has fit the bill.

img_3315-jpg.jpg

img_3314-jpg.jpg

img_3313-jpg.jpg

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Installed the Hooker Blackheart high clearance muffler on the Mrs. Jeep and it is great. Tiny bit louder than stock, barely noticeable, you can hear it slight more growl when you get on the gas. The Mrs. did not want a loud exhaust and this has fit the bill.

img_3315-jpg.jpg

img_3314-jpg.jpg

img_3313-jpg.jpg
Looks good....would also looked good painted black

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good....would also looked good painted black
Yeah I may do that in the future. I wanted to burn off all of the oils and coatings first.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
X2 for the Hooker Blackheart exhaust. I just installed one based on your review @mgroeger and I'm very pleased. Not loud at all unless you get on it, tucks up high above the lower edge of the bumper, fit perfectly and best of all the price was very reasonable compared to any of the other options I found. I was little concerned with clearance to the track bar as I have the RK bracket, but I flexed it and it looks like the there is plenty of room.

VAGwYzMkbdT_QJXBtrA1n6Nsloq40Nkk4xj4kv74rNwzmTjSRcX9RcnkOkQySnDYSW2JBzadNP_91mPEMhX=w850-h638-no.jpg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
X2 for the Hooker Blackheart exhaust. I just installed one based on your review @mgroeger and I'm very pleased. Not loud at all unless you get on it, tucks up high above the lower edge of the bumper, fit perfectly and best of all the price was very reasonable compared to any of the other options I found. I was little concerned with clearance to the track bar as I have the RK bracket, but I flexed it and it looks like the there is plenty of room.

VAGwYzMkbdT_QJXBtrA1n6Nsloq40Nkk4xj4kv74rNwzmTjSRcX9RcnkOkQySnDYSW2JBzadNP_91mPEMhX=w850-h638-no.jpg
Glad I could help. Yeah it's tight up there. My concern was the sway bar but I notched the flange that connects to the Jeep's existing exhaust pipe and pushed the Hooker piece as far on as I could and nothing touches. I have an AFE cat back on my Rubi and it hits the sway bar once in awhile.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We always like to say there is no best exhaust, just what is best for you. There are a number of exhaust threads with useful information, but the best route would be attending your local Jeep meet or trail ride and listening to different exhausts in person to see what you like best. It will be difficult to get a good idea of sound through a YouTube video.

That being said, we do offer a handful of axle back and cat back systems for the JL that can be found a the link below. If you happen to have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by PM or phone at 1-800-990-0905!

https://www.magnaflow.com/collections/2019-jeep-wrangler-exhaust-systems

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
gibson on mine no complaints at all love the sound. not too quiet but not too loud

Sponsored

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone observed increased temps in the rear cubby with these "high clearance" mufflers that tuck up closer to the floor? After a long drive a few weeks ago my wife was not too pleased to discover the chocolate I put in the cubby to keep out of the sun was all melted from the radiant muffler heat. That's just with the OEM muffler.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone observed increased temps in the rear cubby with these "high clearance" mufflers that tuck up closer to the floor? After a long drive a few weeks ago my wife was not too pleased to discover the chocolate I put in the cubby to keep out of the sun was all melted from the radiant muffler heat. That's just with the OEM muffler.
If anything they will be cooler. They aren't any closer to the body than the stock ones, they are high clearance because they are considerably smaller and slimmer than stock.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any exhaust with a true freer-flowing muffler design should retain LESS heat in most cases.
Sponsored