Sponsored

Best audio setup JL Wrangler 4 door?

JeeJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hey all! Need advice on best possible audio setup for 4 door JL Sport with stock speakers and 7" Uconnect.

I plan on adding 2 JBL BassPro SL8 subs under the passenger and driver's seat - Will have to get a custom bracket made; Has anybody here placed them under the seats? is there enough room? What kind of bracket did you use?

Also, the stock speakers are not the greatest, and that rattle in the sound bar is awful. I was thinking of replacing the woofers in the sound bar with some higher quality mid range speakers to get rid of that rattle but do not want to make the sound too bright/lose the mids - any brand of speakers you can recommend?

I'm open to replacing all stock speakers (not just the sound bar woofers) so if you have any suggestions on best overall setup, please let me know/provide part numbers, amp etc. Thanks!
Sponsored

Seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I had the stock radio in my JK after having a Liberty with a nice setup (thought it would be the same/better in the JK, WRONG!!!) and ended up putting Focal speakers all around. didn't have a sub put in, but boy, what a HUGE difference. The speaker shop recommended an amplifier, but I didn't want all the wires and crap.

Have the JL now with the Alpine setup, but still thinking of putting the Focal's back in.

OP
OP

JeeJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I had the stock radio in my JK after having a Liberty with a nice setup (thought it would be the same/better in the JK, WRONG!!!) and ended up putting Focal speakers all around. didn't have a sub put in, but boy, what a HUGE difference. The speaker shop recommended an amplifier, but I didn't want all the wires and crap.

Have the JL now with the Alpine setup, but still thinking of putting the Focal's back in.
Would you happen to remember the model of the Focals you had?

Seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Unfortunately I do not. Looked for the receipt, but didn't have it.

OP
OP

JeeJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
No worries, thank you for checking

Sponsored

Jerseyed1975

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2018 JLU Rubicon
What's your budget is the #1 question.

OP
OP

JeeJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I canā€™t say budget is not an issue, but I wouldnā€™t mind paying 1500 for the right system. That being said, I donā€™t want to spend 1300 on that alpine sub + tweeters.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
OP
OP

JeeJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Nice! What about speakers ? I think Iā€™m going to stick with the underseat subs but need to replace the speaker

OP
OP

JeeJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Quick update - for anybody interested. Just had two JBL BassPro SL8 subwoofer installed under each front seat and they sound amazing. Add just the right amount of fullness to the sound without overbearing bass.

No success with the speakers though - was trying to add Focal ICU100s to the sound bar and dash, however there was no sound. Apparently the factory amp is very finicky and despite the speakers being 4ohms (same as factory), they did not agree with the radio. Extensive equipment additions are needed to get this setup to work including JL Audio FiX 86 + another amp so Iā€™m going to look at other options as the stock speakers are terrible.
Sponsored