Best all weather mats?

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
I was looking seriously at the quadratec however I just cant get over the bright green "Quadratec" advertising .
I got weathertech and like them real good. I also didnt like the name plate, so replaced with these ones from Ebay.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best all weather mats? IMG_4391 (002).JPG
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I’m also (still) torn on this debate. I love the look of the MOPAR mats. However, with Chicago area winters, I need deep mats that will not only hold a lot of slush, but will also protect the carpet sidewalls from boot (SALT) scuffs etc. I'm in for suggestions/opinions and also actual customer pics.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
If you want front rear and cargo to all match, Rugged Ridge or Quadratec are basically it I think.
I had the Quadratec mats in my JKU and I really liked them. Probably leaning that way again. 5% discount is also available on then through forum discount.

SCOverlander

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
My Quadratec mats came today. I fought the idea of having to pay more than my JKU mats as they are basically the same thing, but it is still worth it to have them. They will be coming with me to pick up the new Jeep in a few days. I wouldn't own a new vehicle without some heavy duty mats anymore!

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mopar floormats are IMO the best. those of you shocing to not use the drain, you ont know what you're missing. From what I've heard, your carpet is already cut, it's just hel by a tiny tab, and you already have the plug.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Mine came with the Mopar ones installed. They are pretty deep and drain right through the floor. Just like my TJ that has no carpet or drain plugs, just better...

Sponsored

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How did you plug the drain holes in the mopar ones. My wife got these in her jeep.
I'm not sure I understand your question, the oval/oblong piece with the line a cross it is the plug(it's light grey/dirty in the pic below)...

With the plug in (like in the picture), the floor and mat are sealed, remove the plug and and you can see the road beneath you and your mat drains out the bottom of the jeep. It's basically a must have for any climate that gets snow in my humble opinion.

IMG_5906-1024x768.jpg

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Does anyone intend to hose out their Jeep's interior without removing the carpeting first? Seems like a solution in search of a problem.

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Does anyone intend to hose out their Jeep's interior without removing the carpeting first? Seems like a solution in search of a problem.
So because you live in Arizona, owners in winter climates aren't allowed beneficial features? It's literally impossible to get in a car in the winter without bringing dirt, shit, crap and corruption in to the foot well. The heat comes on, the salty snow melts, it puddles on the mat, you pull the plug and it drains. If you don't, you get out, and it freezes and you have ice under your feet when you try to drive, and your feet slide around.

Any attempt to remove the mats after driving results in salty water getting spilt on the carpet and seat, it's hardly a solution looking for a problem in my climate, it's ingenious.

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I have the Mopar ones and they are great. The carpet already has a stamped cut out for the plug. The carpet just has a couple of small uncut connections to the side that have to be cut. The mats fit perfect and I can't imagine needing a deeper tray (and if you do... pull the rubber plugs out and let it drain). ;)

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
So because you live in Arizona, owners in winter climates aren't allowed beneficial features?
Before I retired to Arizona I lived my entire adult life at 8,200' in the Rockies. Our small town averaged 19' of snow a year. Beat that, my friend to the north (I'm half Canadian myself). :)

And, just to be clear, we have a winter climate in AZ as well. We just choose to play golf/tennis during it.
Sponsored