Sponsored

Best all around rock sliders that can do it all?

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I went through this recently. I ended up with the LoD signature series frame-mounted rock sliders. This is one of the few products I've purchased so far that was both designed and built well, and nobody beats their shipping packaging. I haven't landed on them in the rocks, but I'm comfortable with that they'll be able to take a beating.

Note that they recently had a fire at their facility, so that may affect shipping times.
Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Another vote for LOD signature series! Had them on my JK and went through the Rubicon Trial. Only damage was corrected with a black rattle can when I got home to prevent rust. The JL versions are even better- easier mounting and “full coverage” step area. The logo was WAY better supported on the JK version, that may not last too long. They also don’t require removing body mount bolts that many have had breakage issues with. I had to loosen 2 of mine to adjust the body washer for clearance, but it was a rear one that doesn’t seem to give people any problems.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Really?

it was my understanding the Ace Sliders are FRAME mounted using that big, locktite & troublesome body to frame mounting bolt. Am I wrong on this?
When I think of frame mounted sliders, I think of the actual frame. The ace sliders are utilizing the body mounts that connect the body to the frame. So I see them as body mounted slider and not as strong. I could be wrong as well. Others use brackets to mount to the actual frame rails. I like them but have noticed they do come loose some times after hard wheelin. I probably need to add some more locktite

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another vote for LOD signature series! Had them on my JK and went through the Rubicon Trial. Only damage was corrected with a black rattle can when I got home to prevent rust. The JL versions are even better- easier mounting and “full coverage” step area. The logo was WAY better supported on the JK version, that may not last too long. They also don’t require removing body mount bolts that many have had breakage issues with. I had to loosen 2 of mine to adjust the body washer for clearance, but it was a rear one that doesn’t seem to give people any problems.
My reply has nothing to do with rock sliders.. so your screen name. Lots of engines are 1996cc...but are you referring to the Type R? Type R's and JLs seem to be a popular combination, so just a hunch.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I wanted wide, flat steps for my little ones and the females in the house. But could also take a beating. I went with Westin snypers. Bolt to frame and ive already beat on them pretty good.

Also didnt want to mess with body mount bolts which they dont.

Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted wide, flat steps for my little ones and the females in the house. But could also take a beating. I went with Westin snypers. Bolt to frame and ive already beat on them pretty good.

Also didnt want to mess with body mount bolts which they dont.
Be careful with those. The mounting on those is fairly light dute. Great for steps, but don't plan on using them as real rock rails.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Be careful with those. The mounting on those is fairly light dute. Great for steps, but don't plan on using them as real rock rails.
i have bashed on them already a few times, and slid on them. i was inspired by watching Westin's video showing their rock crawler slamming down on them and sliding.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I wouldn't call these frame mounted. These require you to drill into the body.
I think we're both correct, since it's actually both. The slider itself is frame-mounted. But - you're correct - the kit also includes a rocker protection panel that is body mounted, and requires drilling into the body.

I guess if you're planning on both a rocker guard and a slider, then the JCR Crusader is a good one to consider, since it integrates the two.

captnjbk

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon. 2017 Moto Guzzi V7.
What are some good rock sliders that can do it all? Amor/project bottom side of the jeep, be used as steps, might help from getting door dings (when lifted and bigger tires I'm assuming), might block some rocks from from chipping the paint and snow?

Also I'm hoping that I can find some on sale for black Friday.
RockSlide Engineering. A little pricey but worth every penny.
Look good. Work even better. And they back their product.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
My reply has nothing to do with rock sliders.. so your screen name. Lots of engines are 1996cc...but are you referring to the Type R? Type R's and JLs seem to be a popular combination, so just a hunch.
Nope, I can tell you put some thought into that though! :)

The first forum I ever joined, way back in like 2000, was a Ford Diesel truck forum and at the time I had a 1996 Crew Cab... It’s been my handle ever since.

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
+1 on the LOD Signature Series. Great protection and a simple 45 minute installation.

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
LOD Destroyer or Signature series gets my vote. Will be ordering the Destroyers from Northridge 4x4. Hopefully they will go on sale for BF.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Take a look at RockHard. I've been very happy with mine. They do all the things you asked for and were a simple bolt on install that actually fit.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I had White Knuckle Off-road sliders on my Power Wagon. Great product and the company was great to work with. I plan on getting them for my JLUR soon.
This.

White Knuckle Offroad sliders are bomb proof.

From the immaculate packing and shipping to the powder coat to the over-engineered EVERYTHING, these new rock sliders for the Jeep JLUR from White Knuckle far surpass anything else I’ve seen on the market.

Serious BEEF for serious use and Made in USA.

640D2B75-FE2F-40C2-8008-5664DD0E2F78.jpeg

Burly gussets, step plates are modular and can be removed in case you want to attach a strap there in a recovery situation. Very well thought out and no drilling required. They come in two versions, 90 degrees or 45 degrees (angled up). I chose the 90 degree option as they now double as a step, and I'm hoping they'll also help mitigate the mud and debris that the JL likes to slather the doors and rear fenders with.

47C0C47B-0591-46BC-BB1B-B52DB2CADD8B.jpeg

54F4CF8C-D48D-4D72-B570-95A47D8F4E57.jpeg

12113F5F-7DE0-41C0-A7E0-A76F3BE857ED.jpeg

Features:

• Overall length of 71″ maximizes coverage of the rocker from flare to flare while allowing for oversize tires
  • 3/16″ thick x 2″ x 3″ rectangular tube main rub rail for greater foundational strength
  • 3/16″ thick x 1-1/2″ square tube legs to limit flexing while traversing obstacles
  • .120″ thick x 1-3/4″ outer rub rail to assist in pushing away from obstacles
  • 1/4″ thick heavy duty mounting plates
  • 1/4″ thick gussets for added strength
  • Serves as a secure point to lift one side of vehicle using a high-lift jack
  • Mounts to the frame only (NO drilling required)
  • Fully welded
  • Each weighs approx 62 lbs.

FFB8C7B5-F2E6-483C-BDF7-009434587B34.jpeg

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Let us know if we can answer any questions about our JL Classic Sliders.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/category/JLSld.html

We designed them to mount in a way that offers maximum ground clearance while still being incredibly stiff. They move with the body as it flexes so we don't have to add extra clearance between the slider and the body to account for the frame flex. Plus since we can use shorter mounting tabs to tie them into the body mount bolts as opposed to the frame, it helps keeps the weight down. :like:

JKSL-CL2-4D_2_2.jpg

JKSL-CL2-4D_3_2.jpg
Sponsored