Sponsored

Best all around rock sliders that can do it all?

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What are some good rock sliders that can do it all? Amor/project bottom side of the jeep, be used as steps, might help from getting door dings (when lifted and bigger tires I'm assuming), might block some rocks from from chipping the paint and snow?

Also I'm hoping that I can find some on sale for black Friday.
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
If you want frame mounted...LOD Signature series, destroyer series, or White Knuckle Offroad.

Otherwise Metalcloak has a nice set that mounts to the body that I've seen take a few good hits and keep on going.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
If you want frame mounted...LOD Signature series, destroyer series, or White Knuckle Offroad.

Otherwise Metalcloak has a nice set that mounts to the body that I've seen take a few good hits and keep on going.
I haven't seen those White Knuck Offroad sliders yet. Those look really good.

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
I'm going with the Ace sliders for a few reason. Clean look, mini step, mounted over the stock Rubi rails, built in the US, lifetime warranty (based on some past posts, seems like they always step up to the plate in this regard) and decent price point.

Last edited:

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I'm going with the Ace sliders for a few reason. Clean look, mini step, frame mounted over the stock Rubi rails, built in the US, lifetime warranty (based on some past posts, seems like they always step up to the plate in this regard) and decent price point.
I have these and do like them. But they are body mounted not frame. You just need to be careful when installing.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have these and do like them. But they are body mounted not frame. You just need to be careful when installing.
Really?

it was my understanding the Ace Sliders are FRAME mounted using that big, locktite & troublesome body to frame mounting bolt. Am I wrong on this?

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The ROAM slider/ step combo looks great, frame mounted, no need to deal with the dreaded body mount bolts, available boat sides too.. Check them out, they will get my order in the Spring

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The ROAM slider/ step combo looks great, frame mounted, no need to deal with the dreaded body mount bolts, available boat sides too.. Check them out, they will get my order in the Spring
Have you looked at the LODs?

very similar.

what draws you to the Roams vs the LODs?
Personally, I like the way the Roams mount better than the LODs but I dislike Roams logo. And then there was the customer service issue with Rusting a bit ago.

I am likely going to buy the LODs. Is there a feature of the Roams that you like that I should consider?

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
Thinking of having some tube welded onto the stock rock rails. Pretty inexpensive way to go.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
Check out the Rock Hard Patriot sliders. They are frame and also mount and cover the pinch weld. Super steps too. Best of all worlds.....IMO.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have the Roam frame mounted step slider. I am very happy with it. It’s taken several hits without problems and I have no issues with the powder coating after 6+ months. Their customer service could be better though. Wait times are excessive and you can’t believe their estimates.

I have an LOD front bumper and am very impressed with both construction and customer service. If I were looking now I would definitely give their sliders a closer look. At the time, the Roam sliders were significantly less expensive and I wasn’t familiar with LOD.
Sponsored