Best air freshener?

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited
Not sure is this belongs here or not, it is the interior after all....

Looking to get some ideas how everyone likes to keep the inside of their JLs smelling fresh! There’s gotta be better ways than the little trees!

Steve
Sponsored

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
In the summer months, I turn my A/C off about a mile from home and I keep the fan running to blow out the system. It seems to decrease the mustiness overall. Also there’s also a “new car smell” from chemical guys which is pretty decent. I’ve had the same container for years and years. Just a spray or two does wonders, especially when there’s been a damp dog aboard.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I use this: Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator 6,000mg Industrial O3 Air Purifier Deodorizer Sterilizer (6,000mg - Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JAP7388/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_xlTTBbD35W8GG

Waaaay better than covering up stank with perfumey air fresheners. I bought it because a gallon of milk split open in the back of my wife’s minivan. No manner of cleaning/shampooing could get rid of the smell, but the ozone machine worked!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
One of the things I noticed when I picked up jeep from dealer was the “new car smell” was ugly and smelled too much like armorall. Probably dealer over doing it but our 4Runner had such a nice new car smell I wish I could mimick.

OP
OP
StevieBuns

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited
One of the things I noticed when I picked up jeep from dealer was the “new car smell” was ugly and smelled too much like armorall. Probably dealer over doing it but our 4Runner had such a nice new car smell I wish I could mimick.
Chemical Guys sells a new car smell that everyone seems to really like. It’s worrh a try.

Steve

Sponsored

krazyboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0L
I use this: Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator 6,000mg Industrial O3 Air Purifier Deodorizer Sterilizer (6,000mg - Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JAP7388/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_xlTTBbD35W8GG

Waaaay better than covering up stank with perfumey air fresheners. I bought it because a gallon of milk split open in the back of my wife’s minivan. No manner of cleaning/shampooing could get rid of the smell, but the ozone machine worked!
Be careful with ozone. It can be detrimental to your health and also cause rubber to deteriorate.

krazyboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0L
I use one of those Airwick scented oil warmers plugged into the AC outlet on the rear of the center console. I leave it on the low setting and works very well to keep the jeep smelling good. It only turns on when the jeep is turned on.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Be careful with ozone. It can be detrimental to your health and also cause rubber to deteriorate.
Very true. You want to keep people and pets away. Watch your kids when you run it!

It’s not going to break down the plastic and rubber in your car if you don’t use it for hours every week. Yeah, the giant industrial ones they use to deodorize houses after a fire can do a number on the foam in couch cushions, but these small units on Amazon aren’t anything to worry about. I’ve had great results with mine.

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Just an FYI. I received the Chemical Guys New Car Scent yesterday and I love it. Way better than the smell the jeep came with from the factory. Was 9$ shipped but its a pretty big ass bottle.

IMG_5920.JPG

gspfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WK1 SRT8, Chevy Trailblazer SS
Vehicle Showcase
Ozium is always my go-to. Vanilla is by far the best, with the orange in 2nd. I spray it toward the foot vents before I turn the truck off (A/C on, vent on face so it pulls air from the foot area). Let it run for a few seconds and then turn it off and lock it. Done and done. It also actually kills the airborne bacteria that cause the mustiness.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Leave the freaking hard top off and let it smell like outside.
Sponsored