Sponsored

Best 4XE Dealers?

Bohunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I got 5% below invoice back in December and I know at least one other person from here got the same. We compared invoices. We got like 10% off MSRP. I didn't do the math, but it was close to that. I guess there is a chance he isn't giving that now but certainly worth a call to see.
I ordered from Koons at the beginning of January. The build price of the Rubicon 4xe I ordered on Jeep.com is 59655 while Koons quoted me 53613 before any other fees. Definitely worth the price of a plane ticket to me to fly there and drive it home. All my local dealers were telling me that there was no way they could come close to that price and that it was a scam.
Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Well I've got my scam in writing, haha. I guess there is a chance they could do a bait and switch when I go to pick it up but I'm not expecting that to happen.

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
My deal is for 10% below MSRP out of a dealer near Boise, ID. PM me if you want contact info and other details.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
My deal is for 10% below MSRP out of a dealer near Boise, ID. PM me if you want contact info and other details.
just to keep things consistent for this thread I think that’s around 6-6.5% below invoice

also, make sure you are taking into account any dealer required financing or dealer fees to make it apples to apples when comparing.

i think I checked with the same dealer and they required financing at at least +2% on a normal loan or they add back $2,000, and in the TTL they noted in addition to the price they gave there is around $650in a dealer fee Additional. I know you prob know all that Orejo but just for others who may not appreciate it

said another way that is around $2,650 in additional cost or ~4-5% of invoice roughly, so apples to apples that’s around 1.5-2.5% off invoice. I realize you could refi out of their loan but my point is to assess it apples to apples for your situation.

koons I think has a $900 dealer fee tacked on, whereas the dealer in SoCal I bought my last Jeep from was only a $80 fee (Robert Trachtman). Factor in travel cost / shipping cost and your personal travel time to really get the true picture when comparing all these different dealer options Is my point

Sponsored

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
just to keep things consistent for this thread I think that’s around 6-6.5% below invoice

also, make sure you are taking into account any dealer required financing or dealer fees to make it apples to apples when comparing.

i think I checked with the same dealer and they required financing at at least +2% on a normal loan or they add back $2,000, and in the TTL they noted in addition to the price they gave there is around $650in a dealer fee Additional. I know you prob know all that Orejo but just for others who may not appreciate it

said another way that is around $2,650 in additional cost or ~4-5% of invoice roughly, so apples to apples that’s around 1.5-2.5% off invoice. I realize you could refi out of their loan but my point is to assess it apples to apples for your situation.

koons I think has a $900 dealer fee tacked on, whereas the dealer in SoCal I bought my last Jeep from was only a $80 fee (Robert Trachtman). Factor in travel cost / shipping cost and your personal travel time to really get the true picture when comparing all these different dealer options Is my point
Dalema is spot on that there are conditions with the deal I got - and I have been sharing those details with anyone who PMs. When weighing all the factors it was the most economical option for my needs, but may not be for everyone else. Also of note, I added back in the dealer fee before computing the 10% off MSRP, but I did not factor in any potential increased finance cost. Even without using their financing, is still the best deal I could find in the Pacific Northwest.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Dalema is spot on that there are conditions with the deal I got - and I have been sharing those details with anyone who PMs. When weighing all the factors it was the most economical option for my needs, but may not be for everyone else. Also of note, I added back in the dealer fee before computing the 10% off MSRP, but I did not factor in any potential increased finance cost. Even without using their financing, is still the best deal I could find in the Pacific Northwest.
Exactly the point - getting the best price with the least inconvenience which you've done for your situation / location. I sometimes think others may not realize the gives and takes and lose sight of the big picture, which is what I was trying to highlight with some ballpark numbers.

And thanks for the referral and info - I'm still deciding what to do (but with the new news that you can now get a black hard top is great for what I was looking for!)

I think my percent off invoice above is ballpark correct as I figured you had already done that with the dealer fee based on what the dealer had sent me.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Just put $500 down on a 4xe Rubicon at Step One Auto in Fort Walton Beach Florida. They did 4% below INVOICE plus fees and taxes. Dealer fee is $995. Best deal I could find without jumping on a plane. Greg Chavers said he would do the same deal for others on this forum: [email protected]

cclark20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4XE
Just put $500 down on a 4xe Rubicon at Step One Auto in Fort Walton Beach Florida. They did 4% below INVOICE plus fees and taxes. Dealer fee is $995. Best deal I could find without jumping on a plane. Greg Chavers said he would do the same deal for others on this forum: [email protected]
That is interesting. I was quoted invoice plus fees from their fleet sales manager on Tuesday. I even provided them a quote from another dealer for 7 percent below invoice. Step One said it was a scam and I couldn't buy a 4XE for that.

I will send Greg an email.
Thanks for the heads up.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is interesting. I was quoted invoice plus fees from their fleet sales manager on Tuesday. I even provided them a quote from another dealer for 7 percent below invoice. Step One said it was a scam and I couldn't buy a 4XE for that.

I will send Greg an email.
Thanks for the heads up.
I was quoted invoice the first time I went in too. Emails and text messages and a second visit this time involving Greg was necessary to get the lower price.

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
I had to go the 3 dealers. The first 2 (including the dealer 15 minutes away from me) never bothered to contact me :mad: The third one (75 minutes away), Gillis Auto in Shelton, WA, is doing invoice +$500 which is standard for all the cars they sell. I'm fine with that. I know if they want me to buy added extras, they can take the price off the Jeep or add it my trade-in because they'll make more off the extras than the $1000-$1500 on the price of the Jeep.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to go the 3 dealers. The first 2 (including the dealer 15 minutes away from me) never bothered to contact me :mad: The third one (75 minutes away), Gillis Auto in Shelton, WA, is doing invoice +$500 which is standard for all the cars they sell. I'm fine with that. I know if they want me to buy added extras, they can take the price off the Jeep or add it my trade-in because they'll make more off the extras than the $1000-$1500 on the price of the Jeep.
So.... you're OK paying $3,000 more for the same Jeep I'm getting?!!

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
To be fair, he could have gotten a way better deal on his trade in, so making it as good a deal. It just depends on where the dealership feels like taking less money. Of course, the dealer may rather not get a sale for less and take the chance of selling it higher to the next customer.

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
Well I'm nowhere near any dealers offering anything better. Not having to travel to another state, taking time off work, deal with trading in a vehicle in another state, dealing with paying different taxes between states.... that's worth $3k for me. It's also better than a lot of people who are stuck paying MSRP 🤷‍♀️
Sponsored