First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
Going with 35 general grabber at 2
Ran them for over 12years on my 05 kj
My problem is what is the actual tire size.
Recently traded for these and just love their look.
Stock 17... So what size would I purchase as I have seen a couple sizes thrown around.

IMG_20200607_172813.jpg

Screenshot_20200605-182943.png
Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
As a follow up to the Goodyear Duratrac Wrangler All-Terrains - I've now got about 500 miles on these puppies so far, vast majority city, some highway and about 10 or so miles off-road. No regrets yet. Looking to take them to Argentine Pass (11,500 ft) near Georgetown CO this weekend. Current conditions are of course snow and still some ice. Will report back after doing something more jeepin serious with these new snow shoes.

On road they're quiet, handle well (at 36 psi) but I may take them down even lower, I'm still experimenting, certainly on trail. I'll be honest, I've had a bit of a hit on the gas mileage. Lost about 4 mpg. That's why I'm hesitant at lowering the pressure further here around town. The chalk test shows they're good right where they are.

Best news of all, I just got a $409.00 discount from the dealership of all places. They discounted my fifth tire (and labor) for a promotion they were offering during the CV shutdown insanity. They extended the offer because I waited for over three months on the Fuel Ammo wheels.

Softly pointing out that they did put 6 quarts of oil in my rig a few weeks earlier probably didn't hurt. However, that subject didn't come up when they provided the refund. I did the drain and put in the really good stuff. So on the bright side, I even got an oil flush out of all this.

So, great lift, great wheels, great tires, great oil, great price, great Wrangler. I don't know why, but the Jeep gods are smiling down on me.

Knock on wood...
I may have just jinxed myself.

Jay

P.S. The correct tire diameter to set for an accurate speedometer reading for these 35x12.50R17's is 34.8".

P.S.S. I really should have a better pic soon. Something from a much higher altitude. Ahh, the wonderful lack of O2.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 35" A/T tires for the money IMG_20200605_180858

Last edited:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Milestar Patagonias. ride great, quiet, and cheap. they're a hybrid AT/MT tire. they also have an AT version as well. just ordered a set for a friend. $225 a piece, shipped, at Northridge 4x4.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...agonia-mt-lt31570r17-35x12-50r17lt-121118q-d8

the AT version (but why?)
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/tires/22229003-milestar-patagonia-a-t-r-35x12-50r17lt-121q-e10

we've put them on 3 jeeps here (friends). everyone is loving them. kudos to @Northridge4x4 for the super fast delivery and great pricing!

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a follow up to the Goodyear Duratrac Wrangler All-Terrains - I've now got about 500 miles on these puppies so far, vast majority city, some highway and about 10 or so miles off-road. No regrets yet. Looking to take them to Argentine Pass (11,500 ft) near Georgetown CO this weekend. Current conditions are of course snow and still some ice. Will report back after doing something more jeepin serious with these new snow shoes.

On road they're quiet, handle well (at 36 psi) but I may take them down even lower, I'm still experimenting, certainly on trail. I'll be honest, I've had a bit of a hit on the gas mileage. Lost about 4 mpg. That's why I'm hesitant at lowering the pressure further here around town. The chalk test shows they're good right where they are.

Best news of all, I just got a $409.00 discount from the dealership of all places. They discounted my fifth tire (and labor) for a promotion they were offering during the CV shutdown insanity. They extended the offer because I waited for over three months on the Fuel Ammo wheels.

Softly pointing out that they did put 6 quarts of oil in my rig a few weeks earlier probably didn't hurt. However, that subject didn't come up when they provided the refund. I did the drain and put in the really good stuff. So on the bright side, I even got an oil flush out of all this.

So, great lift, great wheels, great tires, great oil, great price, great Wrangler. I don't know why, but the Jeep gods are smiling down on me.

Knock on wood...
I may have just jinxed myself.

Jay

P.S. The correct tire diameter to set for an accurate speedometer reading for these 35x12.50R17's is 34.8".

P.S.S. I really should have a better pic soon. Something from a much higher altitude. Ahh, the wonderful lack of O2.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 35" A/T tires for the money IMG_20200605_180858
Off-road report follow-up. Argentine Pass and the old abandoned Santiago Mine were no trouble and the first off-road locations accomplished by the new wrangler rubber. Aired down to 15 psi and followed the rocky old railroad grade from Georgetown CO up to the pass. To get here, high clearance vehicles only (or perhaps maybe by helicopter). Tires performed great. Absolutely no trouble gripping even the flooded portions of the trail due to snow run-off. The last pic, zoom in and note the flowing nature of the path. Pretty cool jeeping through a stream. This section is named, 'Leavenworth Creek Trail' appropriately enough.

Jay

IMG_20200614_140548.jpg

IMG_20200614_152633.jpg

IMG_20200614_132150.jpg

IMG_20200614_140240.jpg

IMG_20200614_140237.jpg

IMG_20200614_140449.jpg

IMG_20200614_140522_1.jpg

IMG_20200614_140514.jpg

IMG_20200614_152410.jpg

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
As a follow up to the Goodyear Duratrac Wrangler All-Terrains

So you went with the 35x12.50, not a 315/70? I think the 35 is an E sidewall and the metric is a D?

Did that play into the decision at all?

Danno

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you went with the 35x12.50, not a 315/70? I think the 35 is an E sidewall and the metric is a D?

Did that play into the decision at all?

Danno
Danno,

I would have preferred a lower load rating for sure, but my take is that this tire was intended (hence designed) for a different problem domain. That of a light to medium duty truck, clearly for a much heavier and higher load capacity than any Jeep.

As with most larger tires we put on our rigs, they were really intended for applications other than recreational off-road driving. It is us Jeepers that find whatever tire gives us the most perceived benefit. For some this may only be cosmetic. "Because dude, it looks rad..."

For me the load rating, while not ideal, was certainly not a big factor, but I liked the additional ruggedness it does provide. I air these puppies down to 15 psi while off road. The tire designers likely would be totally amazed and dumbfounded with anyone doing this for any reason independent of whether or not the tires are on a Jeep.

At 15 psi I'm pretty certain the 'E' load rating is working much more in my favor. The higher load rating will be way more durable to rock and hard trail abuse.

On-road at 36 psi this load rating is unfortunately working against me. At least in regards to being much harder than other similar sized tires.

I didn't purchase some cushy luxury sedan for a reason. I personally like the stiffer lifted ride of my Wrangler. Always will. I love the fact that I can take my vehicle anywhere I care to go.

Taking it to mountain passes or driving through rocky streams to get there is exactly what these tires are comfortably capable of delivering. I was much more interested in tread traction, winter 3 mountain classification, lower weight, wear characteristics and quieter ride. Yes, I did my homework and am really happy with this wrangler rubber.

Jay

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I was much more interested in tread traction, winter 3 mountain classification, lower weight, wear characteristics and quieter ride.
This is me too. I had E tires on my Tacoma and they were pretty stiff, but great when I was hauling shit. I'm going to get the metric D rated Duratracs when I upgrade now since I won't be hauling as much and most of my off road is snow covered grasslands.

Thanks for the great reviews.

Llkindt

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu sport s
I'm trying to decide between the duratrac, Toyo atIII or the Toyo rt. 35*12.5*17

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Those look awesome!
Can you post a few more pics at different angles. please?
Sounds like you enjoy the tires with both on and off road driving - as you said they are quiet. Do they have a nice ride on pavement or is it more bumpy?

Did you see much of a decrease in power or gas milage with them?

I am struggling with either getting the 35"x12.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the 295/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (this is a 34.29" x 11.77" tire). The weight difference between the two tires is 74.11 pounds for the larger 35" and 69.44 pounds for the 34.29".

Love the look of the Nitto's and I think I am leaning towards the the larger 35" one, but just don't want to lose a lot of power pushing a heavier tire that is F rated.

Would love your feedback!!
Love my 295/70 18 barely notice the mpg, noise, etc. also the skinner tire makes the drivability better.

CACEAD23-6672-4627-860E-8FB605DE68EF.jpeg

A163D3B6-0FD9-452F-8001-54CC65A49C4C.jpeg

2C908E7F-ABB3-4E32-B36E-E8483E3CD557.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Reopening this thread, really like the Goodyear Duratracs & Ultra Terrains, one other tire that really has my interest is the General Grabber X3. More aggressive than the Goodyears, not a winter-based tread but gets decent cold weather reviews w/ the full tread-depth sipes so should retain its grip even when very worn. Also seem to get about 50k miles on them, so that $300 price would go quite a while :) They have the X3s in a lighter weight C rated (63lbs) so that's a plus, and the deepest tread of most any comparable tire at 21/32nds, they also run a true 35"
https://generaltire.com/tires/light-trucksuv/grabber-x3
https://generaltire.com/sites/default/files/tires/files/GT19_Grabber_X3_ProductFlyer_v2_Print.pdf

Sponsored

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I finally got my Duratracs last month after reading these reviews back in the summer. I've been able to drive in the snow a bit now and I love the traction on them. Quiet on the road too.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm running Yokohama Geolandar X-AT now and so far they're impressive. Great traction, super quiet, and look amazing. Will they be as good as the #1 tire on my list, the Falken A/T3W? Time will tell.

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
I had Toyo AT3s on the 2013 JK that I traded in few days ago, and they were awesome in wet weather, and quiet on the highway as well, but never tried them in snow as they were fairly new. My 2020 Willy's JLU had Firestone M/T2's that did awesome in snow and rain, and good on the highway. My new 2021 Rubicon has K02s and yesterday, I tried them out in heavy rain, moderate snow, and packed snow and they did really well on a 350 mile shake out road trip with the new Jeep, and on the highway (both wet and dry), they seemed as quiet and well behaved as the Toyo AT3s.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Looking for something that isn't going to piss off the wife on the highway, but also won't break the bank. LMK.

BFG KO2's...Discount Tire should take good care of you on new.

Sometimes you can find a set of take-off's 35" KO2's on the Raptor Forum as they are the OEM tire on Raptors...

OP
OP
Shak14

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
BFG KO2's...Discount Tire should take good care of you on new.

Sometimes you can find a set of take-off's 35" KO2's on the Raptor Forum as they are the OEM tire on Raptors...
Are Raptors running 17” or 18” wheels?
Sponsored