Sponsored

Best 35" A/T tires for the money

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Can’t say enough good things about the Toyo AT3 tires.
Toyos are great tires, I know they are the parent company of Nitto, but Toyos are their prime performers (especially their street performance tires). Nitto has a nice group of off-road tires but for the premium price there are better choices IMO.
I had a set of old Open Countrys on my t100 and they were rock solid! Will be shopping their MTs when I'm due for new ones.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shak14

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So from the sounds of it, BF Goodrich, Nitto, Toyo are where peoples heads are at. Now I just need to find a sweet deal! Thanks for all the help.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So from the sounds of it, BF Goodrich, Nitto, Toyo are where peoples heads are at. Now I just need to find a sweet deal! Thanks for all the help.
Mickey Thompson has a great lineup too, their Degan tire seems to be priced pretty well vs. their other sets.

Watchtower02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Those look awesome!
Can you post a few more pics at different angles. please?
Sounds like you enjoy the tires with both on and off road driving - as you said they are quiet. Do they have a nice ride on pavement or is it more bumpy?

Did you see much of a decrease in power or gas milage with them?

I am struggling with either getting the 35"x12.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the 295/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (this is a 34.29" x 11.77" tire). The weight difference between the two tires is 74.11 pounds for the larger 35" and 69.44 pounds for the 34.29".

Love the look of the Nitto's and I think I am leaning towards the the larger 35" one, but just don't want to lose a lot of power pushing a heavier tire that is F rated.

Would love your feedback!!

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Those look awesome!
Sounds like you enjoy the tires with both on and off road driving - as you said they are quiet. Do they have a nice ride on pavement or is it more bumpy?

I am struggling with either getting the 35"x12.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers or the 295/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (this is a 34.29" x 11.77" tire). The weight difference between the two tires is 74.11 pounds for the larger 35" and 69.44 pounds for the 34.29".

Love the look of the Nitto's and I think I am leaning towards the the larger 35" one, but just don't want to lose a lot of power pushing a heavier tire that is F rated.

The 285/70/18 RG is 59.9 lbs and 33.98” tall.

Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
if you are willing to go for a Hybrid tire go with a Milestar Patagonia it says its an MT but they sound like an AT on the highway or you can go with a Falken Wildpeak AT/3w both have 0 highway noise.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
BFG KO2'S, IMO are one of the best choices available and while a bit more than some off-brand tires-they are a good value. I have ran many sets over the years, currently have them on both my Ram and JLR and could not be happier with them.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
We are talking about the 295/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
I was giving another RG (Ridge Grappler) option because it’s less than an inch (.3” precisely) different from what was mentioned. And you seemed interested in low weight.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
BFG KO2'S, IMO are one of the best choices available and while a bit more than some off-brand tires-they are a good value. I have ran many sets over the years, currently have them on both my Ram and JLR and could not be happier with them.

I'm still struggling with this choice too. I love my stock KO2s but I feel like they look kinda pedestrian in 35" and up sizes which is where I'm headed, not really sure that's the best way to put it but it seems like the tread and where it spills into the sidewall don't feel large enough to look aggressive on the larger tire sizes. Then again, my driving habits have me on the path to needing new tires at just 15k as I do a lot of spirited mountain road carving to-and-from the trails out here and generally just wheeled the piss out of the JLR in its first 10k. I'd hate to have a tire that wears out in in even less time, so going full M/T has been a massive indecision struggle to say the least.

I've probably got the choice between 35" KO2, 35" ridge grapplers, or 35" KM3s, but maybe something else will get at me. I think the Milestars are probably the best AT/MT sweet spot but I just don't love the look of them and see that they cup very easily. I'll probably be beating myself up over the choice right up until my credit card gets whacked for the new tires.

Sponsored

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Those look awesome!

I debated that too, but decided for a little more weight to get the bigger tire, :).
They are not bumpy on the highway at all, but you need to play around with the air. Too high a psi and the steering is really squirrelly. It’s about 32psi where my Jeep rides best.

I only had the stock tires for a few weeks, so I didn’t notice the gas mileage difference. Definitely a LOT of impact to the power. I have the manual so I think it is more noticeable in a stick? In any event I regeared it to 4.88 and LOVE it!

here are a few pics...brand new and one in action :).

DB433CC5-00C1-4F53-814A-758F250FDDD0.png

809FA997-0F66-49A7-831D-691DEDA83F96.jpeg

Watchtower02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I debated that too, but decided for a little more weight to get the bigger tire, :).
They are not bumpy on the highway at all, but you need to play around with the air. Too high a psi and the steering is really squirrelly. It’s about 32psi where my Jeep rides best.

I only had the stock tires for a few weeks, so I didn’t notice the gas mileage difference. Definitely a LOT of impact to the power. I have the manual so I think it is more noticeable in a stick? In any event I regeared it to 4.88 and LOVE it!

here are a few pics...brand new and one in action :).

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 35" A/T tires for the money 809FA997-0F66-49A7-831D-691DEDA83F96

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 35" A/T tires for the money 809FA997-0F66-49A7-831D-691DEDA83F96
Those look so good!

What are you getting for MPG roughly?

Yeah I heard the power difference isn't as noticeable with the automatic vs the stick. Does anyone have real life experience with these 35" and the automatic - how's the power loss?

OP
OP
Shak14

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The best bang for your buck are Falken Wildpeak tires.
I am running those right now. What size do you have?

Anyone running Pro Comp A/T Sports?
Sponsored

Last edited: