wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
six of us in four JLUR drove from Michigan to the Rubicon Trail.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2020 Memory or Mod 1608292654149

I did all the spotting for our group and my wife did most of the driving. I tell her, just go until you don't fell comfortable and think you need a spot. I look back and she is like this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2020 Memory or Mod 1608292813216

and I say to myself she was be comfortable wheeling and confident. I get a good laugh out of it every time I think back.

But there is still one memory that even beat this. We tent camped out on the Rubicon Trail. I snapped this picture of my wife waking up and BEFORE coffee. This is how you know your girl is a Jeep girl. When she wakes up after sleeping on the ground in the mountains and looks like this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2020 Memory or Mod 1608293014278

She is already ready for another day on the Rubicon Trail.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
What's the best memory or modification you had/did this year?
Blackbear Pass? Uwharrie? Skids? Switchpro?
Mine is buying my first Wrangler (real Jeep!) and experiencing my first trip to Rausch Creek Off-Road Park. I used to travel off-road in various Nissans and have been kicking myself since 1985 for not purchasing a CJ-7 new after totaling my Shelby Charger and recovering from the accident.

Favorite mod - Being installed on the week after Christmas. So far, it's the new wife and new wheels & 35"s

New rims and sidesteps.jpg

Tim and Julie at Criswell.jpg

Last edited:

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Mod would be getting my ARB twin installed and wired. Even tho it resulted in a trip to the dealer to get the power steering pump replaced (under warranty thankfully ) Dont ask lol.
trip, probably going back to the beach for a week with my son. being doorless, seeing the wild horses, and just being able to get away. Plus a couple small wheeling runs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2020 Memory or Mod Tim and Julie at Criswell

Assateague??? That is where my sig pic was taken on my honeymoon back in July.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Finally getting my POS PSC steering set up tp stop leaking. It felt so good as I have been chasing that for over a year.

Also maybe getting to break in and use my winch for the first time as well. Not for me of course.

IMG_5520.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Morris4x4

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Favorite memory:
Visiting my daughter and her fiancé and taking them wheeling in Sedona.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2020 Memory or Mod IMG_5520

He loved wheeling! My daughter also gave it a try and enjoyed it.

Favorite mod so far are my wheels and tires. A lift will come after their wedding.
Love Sedona and that color ;) The sunsets are unreal and the camping is magical.

OP
OP
Morris4x4

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK

Best memory by far was going back to Ouray with my own jeep for the first time. We got hit with a snowstorm a few days in but didn’t let that stop us. My little girl fell asleep on the steps on Black Bear but the rest of us will never forget it.

Favorite 2020 mod has to be my Rock Hard aluminum front bumper, even though the primary reason for buying it was to carry a winch. That thing is awesome.
Not sure if I should be sad that she missed out not the views from the steps or proud of the fact that she KOed during it (driving is how my mom put me down for naps so I can't judge haha). But that had to have been such an amazing memory to share with everyone!

And I agree! A great choice too at that! A bumper was my first mod and then a winch, and then the slippery slope of everything else as well.

OP
OP
Morris4x4

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Wiring aux lights on my own for the first time. Baja Designs LP6. Yes, I know, simple for most. I‘m not electric wiring savvy at all (yet) and so I was sure my Jeep was going to catch on fire and I’d be kicking myself for not doing one of those fire extinguisher mods, or the lights were going to short out my entire electrical system while going 80mph, or the Sun was going to send down a solar flare that torched me and my Jeep in an instant. Albeit illogical, those were my fears. But, so far, it worked and no fires, damage, or death. Those are the mods that make me enjoy being a Jeep enthusiast the most... the ones that scare you upfront before diving in, and you walk away from the experience more confident and inspired to do more.
That's one way to put it! But hey I get it. I had to rewire my headlight connector this summer, and even the smallest thing like that worried me because if there were a way for my jeep to go, it would not be that. Also, LOVE the Bajas! I was tempted to do XLs on the cowl but ended up going to the S1s or a more simple look. Turned out amazing though!

OP
OP
Morris4x4

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Memory is buying my first Jeep last week!

mod is adding a short antenna because that’s all I’ve done so far 😂
AHHH still awesome! Congrats! Cant wait to see the changes you do as you go 😎

OP
OP
Morris4x4

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
six of us in four JLUR drove from Michigan to the Rubicon Trail.

I did all the spotting for our group and my wife did most of the driving. I tell her, just go until you don't fell comfortable and think you need a spot. I look back and she is like this.

and I say to myself she was be comfortable wheeling and confident. I get a good laugh out of it every time I think back.

But there is still one memory that even beat this. We tent camped out on the Rubicon Trail. I snapped this picture of my wife waking up and BEFORE coffee. This is how you know your girl is a Jeep girl. When she wakes up after sleeping on the ground in the mountains and looks like this.

She is already ready for another day on the Rubicon Trail.
I love this! Also love elk rapids , mi but I can't say much more since I'm a buckeye :giggle: but that looks like an amazing trip! Hard to match that kind of stuff. And I gotta give her a lot of respect for that! Had a few moments like that and people were amazed how calm cool and collected I was about it. Sounds like you'll be getting another jeep soon 🤩

Sponsored

OP
OP
Morris4x4

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Mine is buying my first Wrangler (real Jeep!) and experiencing my first trip to Rausch Creek Off-Road Park. I used to travel off-road in various Nissans and have been kicking myself since 1985 for not purchasing a CJ-7 new after totaling my Shelby Charger and recovering from the accident.

Favorite mod - Being installed on the week after Christmas. So far, it's the new wife and new wheels & 35"s

Hey, you got your jeep and that's what matters! Now you get to enjoy the fun of them. Bummed I never made it to Rausch when I lived back east. Eventually, I guess. Still trying to convince my mother to get one after she's done a couple of Moab trips in my vehicles.

OP
OP
Morris4x4

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Finally getting my POS PSC steering set up tp stop leaking. It felt so good as I have been chasing that for over a year.

Also maybe getting to break in and use my winch for the first time as well. Not for me of course.

Ouch yea that would have to be frustrating trying to dial in that. Glad you got through and can go enjoy it with peace of mind (plus pack extra fluids just in case).

Status
Not open for further replies.