Best 2 door rock sliders?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Yup, really of JCR to discontinue a product on a vehicle they have ALREADY done the R&D and manufacturing of when that vehicle is still in production...Maybe if we all complain to them:mad:
Someone posted something negative and very valid concerns on their sponsor section about their rear bumper that was broken. JCR implied there was more to the story and it blew up in their face. So JCR had it deleted… To me that looked very bad.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Someone posted something negative and very valid concerns on their sponsor section about their rear bumper that was broken. JCR implied there was more to the story and it blew up in their face. So JCR had it deleted… To me that looked very bad.

Damm, that does look bad...Would be interesting to see/read both sides of the story-with pictures.
My only experience with anything from JCR is from the one side 4-door Crusader sent me by mistake. My observations from this very limited experience is that from a heavy-duty standpoint-at least on the Crusader Rock Sliders, I don't see how they could be any stronger...However, from a fit and finish standpoint they could be a hell of a lot better.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Yup, really of JCR to discontinue a product on a vehicle they have ALREADY done the R&D and manufacturing of when that vehicle is still in production...Maybe if we all complain to them:mad:
On the other hand any slider mounted to the JL's thin front quarter panel sheet metal is suspect. Maybe they pulled them due to customer's reporting body damage? If so, I applaud them pulling a product that doesn't meet their standards...

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Those are what I installed on my Jeep as well and I will also highly recommend them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2 door rock sliders? CACFDD22-2A64-4D2E-A9C6-EC872F2145B7
How was the fit of your sliders? I have the same thing on mine and needed multiple 1/4" and 1/2" thick spacers to get them even close to fitting right. They have held up well to abuse but I sort of expected a little better fit than that...

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the other hand any slider mounted to the JL's thin front quarter panel sheet metal is suspect. Maybe they pulled them due to customer's reporting body damage? If so, I applaud them pulling a product that doesn't meet their standards...

JCR still offers them for the 4-door JL's, they told me they just didn't sell enough of 2-door versions and were trying to make room for additional new products.

I went a different direction and just installed some Rock Hard angled-up sliders and except for the finish (too glossy and smooth and doesn't match fenders) I like them a lot. They are very heavy duty and do make (better when I get them textured-Rock Hard suggest a strip of skate board anti-slip but I will have them either bedlinered or re-powder coated) a good step when getting out but for me it seems easier to step over them getting in.

Rock Hard Angled-Up Sliders:
Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2 door rock sliders? IMG_3330.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2 door rock sliders? IMG_3331.JPG

I have looked at a lot of 'sliders/steps' since first ordering my JLR but the ones I have personally had experience with are the OEM, Roam frame mounted slider/step (removed those the same day I installed them as I could lay on the garage floor and when pressing up on the front edge of the slider I could get within a cat's whisker of touching the body-did the same with a buddy's LOD's which were very similar to the Roam's) I then went with the Jeep Performance Rock Rails and liked them a lot but wanted something more heavy-duty, ordered both the JCR Crusader Sliders and the ARB's of similar design-planed to see which one I liked best and sell the other. Since I was shipped just one slider and that for a 4-door of the JCR's, that plan went out the window and for various reasons decided against using sliders with rocker skins. Of ALL the slider/steps I have seen, including the Rock Hard I like and just installed, the ARB's clearly had the best OEM type fit/finish of the lot and are the ones I recently posted on the member for sale site.

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
How was the fit of your sliders? I have the same thing on mine and needed multiple 1/4" and 1/2" thick spacers to get them even close to fitting right. They have held up well to abuse but I sort of expected a little better fit than that...
I didn't have any issues at all with mine. Everything fit together nice and tight.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on my experiences with body bolt mounted sliders.
My EAG cheapies still look good but are body bolt mounted and have now flexed into the body. No major damage but small rocks(3/8"/1/2") setting on top of the slider have been pressed into the body and dented it. This happens where mud and gravel accumulates from front wheels throwing it. Body bolt mounting just allows too much up ward flex.
Most manufactures have just followed the JK mounting designs and it doesn't work for JL's weaker body tub. Some companies have reported this also and are not making JL sliders.
Bottom line, a slider for a JL is not worth much if not frame mounted and it's the same protective value plastic bumper have, mostly looks.
When I hosed off muddy gravel I found these rock dimples on the drivers side...

Bummer! At least white is one of the easiest to seamlessly repair...
It looks like those just have the two mounting points, one at each body mount.
I was convinced to buy the Rock Hard ones in part because one of my clients has them on his 4-door and has beat them to hell and back with zero issues. The Rock Hard for the 2-door have eight mounting points, the two body mount bolts plus the two threaded inserts the factory uses for OEM and JPP rock rails plus four pinch seam mounts. Also the body mount mounting tabs are 3/8" thick and the others are 1/4" thick. I will be happy as can be if these hold up half as well as the ones I saw on my clients 4-door!

I'm not entirely sold on frame bolted rock sliders as I could lay on the garage floor and push up on front edge of the Roam frame bolted ones I had and nearly push them into the body. I have also seen LOD's styled similar to the Roams pushed up into the body.
Now if you are talking frame welded by a competent shop...I have seen some custom ones by LetzRoll Offroad in AZ that are welded to the frame and are bomb-proof! I just did not want to weld on this JLR...

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Fitment was perfect on mine, the written instructions left a bit to be desired though as it was a bit hard to follow.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Update on my experiences with body bolt mounted sliders.
My EAG cheapies still look good but are body bolt mounted and have now flexed into the body. No major damage but small rocks(3/8"/1/2") setting on top of the slider have been pressed into the body and dented it. This happens where mud and gravel accumulates from front wheels throwing it. Body bolt mounting just allows too much up ward flex.
Most manufactures have just followed the JK mounting designs and it doesn't work for JL's weaker body tub. Some companies have reported this also and are not making JL sliders.
Bottom line, a slider for a JL is not worth much if not frame mounted and it's the same protective value plastic bumper have, mostly looks.
When I hosed off muddy gravel I found these rock dimples on the drivers side...
I've got a hunch you're harder on your JLs than most of us though :)

Sponsored

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
How do you like them so far? Looking hard at these. like the way they mount and they seem very tough.
I like them a lot, they held up perfectly in Colorado and Utah on some fairly tough trails and still look brand new!

ZigZag

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR (Hellayella)
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

I'm 6 hrs out. Thinking about it. They could just rent one or head to the local dealership too.
I tried sending an email asking if I could be a guinea pig but I got no response.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
TNT customs rock sliders.

Got one rock rails prepped for paint tonight. Thought I show some pics to show how well made these are. The first 2 pics I wasn't don't prepping it so you'll prob see some film etc.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2 door rock sliders? PXL_20220113_032205662~2

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2 door rock sliders? PXL_20220113_032444198~2

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2 door rock sliders? PXL_20220113_033515364~2
Sponsored