Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Dynatrac? It's only 2" but was highly rated at first but now you don't hear much about it? I am in the same boat as far as deciding on a lift for jlur. Was wanting only 2". Would love to hear some good suggestions.
I have the Dynatrac and am very happy. Everything fit as it should with no issues. It rides nice. I think you don’t hear much because it is a little pricey for what you get. I guess your paying for engineering. Really just special valved shocks which is where most of the cost from any lift really lies. I don’t have any experience with any other kit though.
Sponsored

Bossrubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur, 1950 m38
I have the Dynatrac and am very happy. Everything fit as it should with no issues. It rides nice. I think you don’t hear much because it is a little pricey for what you get. I guess your paying for engineering. Really just special valved shocks which is where most of the cost from any lift really lies. I don’t have any experience with any other kit though.
I went with the dynatrac lift. Only a couple weeks on it but rides great and seems to be very high quality with no fitting issues with my installation.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I won't be doing the work myself and will be relying on a shop to do the install for me. There are a few well reviewed shops in my area and it's funny each happens to have a different preference for brand...LOL. It'll come down to who I will pay to do the work. Each of the major manufacturers have kits of varying complexity. For me, early on, I'll be going with something to give me height with a preference with some of the control arms to correct some of the attributes affected by a lift. I'll likely be going with RK as that is what is preferred by the shop I'll likely have doing the install.

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
Why do people not like the Mopar 2" kit? I've seen people that love it, people that say it's a bad kit.

Sobehall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
This is actually the first place I’ve seen folks disliking it ... also the only place I’ve seen that needed caster adjustments, every other place I’ve read about it said the mopar didn’t need any adjustments after install ...

Sponsored

jeeplaw

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, 2019 JLUR
My guess is that many people who are getting the Mopar lift are either first time jeepers, or, like me, come from the old school world of running CJ's and damn if I had more problems with THAT suspension at times :) Some people just don't know what they don't know..just that the steering might be a little off, and it's bumping really hard but maybe "it's a jeep thing".

Many noob owners don't know or even want to check if their axle spacing is off, never mind the castor angle.

if I go with a Mopar lift, it's only going to because I can get it for less than $1200 with Fox shocks and I know to get an adjustable front bar to center the axle and as a short term solution throw on some geo location brackers for the mopar lift LCA's before I make a long term decision to get some adjustable lca's.

If I go that route, any problem that the Mopar lift may have (outside the spring cups - I'll get Rock krawler cups for that).will be solved for. Down the road, maybe a rear adjustable track bar as well.

Xenocidezr0

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Love it, Awesome lift. I've got the Falcon 2.1's installed. Highly recommended in my humble opinion. Also, have the Falcon Nexus 2.2 steering stabilizer installed as well. Very happy with Teraflex.
How just the 2.1 shocks and not the new 3.1 or 3.3 shocks? Pricing? I'm looking soon for a lift and I like teraflex's lift. Looking at the st2 2.5" lift. Also they are just north is where I live maybe I could visit their factory. What tires are you running on that lift? Any other mods you needed for it to work correctly? Alliagnmeent or anything?

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How just the 2.1 shocks and not the new 3.1 or 3.3 shocks? Pricing? I'm looking soon for a lift and I like teraflex's lift. Looking at the st2 2.5" lift. Also they are just north is where I live maybe I could visit their factory. What tires are you running on that lift? Any other mods you needed for it to work correctly? Alliagnmeent or anything?

Yea, happy with the 2.1's. They are are a bit firmer than the OEM shock on road but can take a bit more off. Although the 3.3's would be nice to have the adjustability for a softening up the shocks offroad. The 3.3's were out of my price range at the time of purchase. I wouldn't bother with the 3.1's since they don't adjust, like the 2.2's.

The ST2 2.5 lift includes LCA's which are caster correcting for the lift. My Jeep needed no alignment, or otherwise when coming off after installation. I run a 35x12.5 tire on 17x9.5 rims. Or maybe 9" rims, cant remember at the moment. If you check my garage, I list out all of the stuff currently installed.

Xenocidezr0

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, happy with the 2.1's. They are are a bit firmer than the OEM shock on road but can take a bit more off. Although the 3.3's would be nice to have the adjustability for a softening up the shocks offroad. The 3.3's were out of my price range at the time of purchase. I wouldn't bother with the 3.1's since they don't adjust, like the 2.2's.

The ST2 2.5 lift includes LCA's which are caster correcting for the lift. My Jeep needed no alignment, or otherwise when coming off after installation. I run a 35x12.5 tire on 17x9.5 rims. Or maybe 9" rims, cant remember at the moment. If you check my garage, I list out all of the stuff currently installed.
Nice, yah the price difference between the 2.1 and 3.3 is crazy. Would you say for someone like me who wouldn't hit the trails as much but not looking to do any hard trailing the 2.1 would be fine, or should I shell out the money for the 3.3 shocks?

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, yah the price difference between the 2.1 and 3.3 is crazy. Would you say for someone like me who wouldn't hit the trails as much but not looking to do any hard trailing the 2.1 would be fine, or should I shell out the money for the 3.3 shocks?
I do hit the trail quite a bit and have done a number of harder trails here in AZ, such as Backway to Crown King, Broken Arrow, Devils Canyon which are probably the hardest that I'd want to do, personally. Everything else is below that, usually easy, and the 2.1's performed great! On the highway, I like them because the ride is firmer than the OEM shocks (which are worthless in my humble opinion). I also run the Nexus 2.2 stabilizer, and that combined with the shocks give the Jeep an awesome ride. More importantly, I can load it down with a bit more in the back and it doesn't get all sloppy as the OEM setup would do. So for your needs, I think that the 2.1's would be more than enough for you. They certainly serve me very well. I do like the Teraflex quality as well. I am impressed with their products.

As mentioned the LCA's in their kit are caster correcting, so you should need no alignment when coming off the install rack, or evening doing the install yourself. There's an optional rear trackbar relocation bracket that I'd suggest you buy. The kit will mention it if you look at the directions, and provide you with the part number. I decided to buy it. It simply moves the rear trackbar up an inch or so. I believe it's mandatory on a 4" lift but suggested on the lower lifts.

Sponsored

Xenocidezr0

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do hit the trail quite a bit and have done a number of harder trails here in AZ, such as Backway to Crown King, Broken Arrow, Devils Canyon which are probably the hardest that I'd want to do, personally. Everything else is below that, usually easy, and the 2.1's performed great! On the highway, I like them because the ride is firmer than the OEM shocks (which are worthless in my humble opinion). I also run the Nexus 2.2 stabilizer, and that combined with the shocks give the Jeep an awesome ride. More importantly, I can load it down with a bit more in the back and it doesn't get all sloppy as the OEM setup would do. So for your needs, I think that the 2.1's would be more than enough for you. They certainly serve me very well. I do like the Teraflex quality as well. I am impressed with their products.

As mentioned the LCA's in their kit are caster correcting, so you should need no alignment when coming off the install rack, or evening doing the install yourself. There's an optional rear trackbar relocation bracket that I'd suggest you buy. The kit will mention it if you look at the directions, and provide you with the part number. I decided to buy it. It simply moves the rear trackbar up an inch or so. I believe it's mandatory on a 4" lift but suggested on the lower lifts.
Thanks for your input. All great information. Im only running stock JL Sport S so my OEM shocks are probably a lot worse than your Rubicon ones. Ya I think i would only lift it 2.5" with some 35sw. I don't see myself ever going any bigger as I wouldn't need to.

Thanks for all your input.

Mdhadel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Check out Clayton Off Road. I ended up going with their entry level 2.5 kit with Fox shocks. They are right up the road from you in Connecticut. They have been making lifts for Jeeps for years.
Did you have to get your own extended brake lines and bumps stops? Doesn’t look like the kit includes those.