Best 2.5" lift available?

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
I ran Old Man Emu (2008), and Rock Krawler with Rancho 9000’s (2014)on my JK’s. I like a smooth, compliant ride that is still capable off-road. I try to tune out NVH.

For my JL I’m running 2.5" Rock Krawler springs, Fox 2.0 shocks, Metal Cloak lower control arms and EVO LCA drop brackets. Very happy with the ride and handling on 35" BFG KO2’s. I’m running caster at 6.0.

I am intrigued by the Maximus and EVO offerings but have not tried them. IF AEV comes out with a kit it would deserve serious consideration as well.

Reactions: aai

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Rock Krawler, EVO, Terra Flex, Metalcloak (if you can stand the gold) are all high quality manufacturers that stand behind their product and give a better-than-factory ride. As others have said, look for caster correction as well as track bar replacement/relocation brackets. These are minimum to get the geometry dialed in. Most lifts assume you are starting with a Rubicon, so lift height will be more than advertised on your Sahara.

Tjax

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Dr JL Rubicon
841A4EF7-D014-4159-804D-EB240EB448B7.png
Rock Krawler, EVO, Terra Flex, Metalcloak (if you can stand the gold) are all high quality manufacturers that stand behind their product and give a better-than-factory ride. As others have said, look for caster correction as well as track bar replacement/relocation brackets. These are minimum to get the geometry dialed in. Most lifts assume you are starting with a Rubicon, so lift height will be more than advertised on your Sahara.

The gold’s not so bad! : )

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Have a 2018 sahara looking at doing a 2-2.5 lift.....was going to go with mopar, but some of the reviews haven't looked so great...anyone have this lift or is there a better one out there ? Thanks " I'm new to this "
2.4 RC lift on mine. 150 bucks and its perfect.

Sponsored

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I’m currently trying to decide between the Rock Krawler (X-factor) and the MetalCloak (game changer)...decisions decisions.
On my previous JK I ran a full set of RK arms. While they flexed nicely, living on the east coast, they required fairly regular greasing to keep the joints from seizing. I eventually swapped them out for the Metalcloak duroflex joints, made a surprisingly big difference in ride quality and nvh. Most importantly they are virtually maintenance free.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
And to follow up Chocolate Thunder, it's also important that whatever lift you purchase that your new kit correct the caster on the front, some kits DONT do this (Thinking Mopar here) as there's no correction provided. I chose the 2.5" Teraflex Sports ST2 kit, it came with Lower Control Arms that performed that correction, so when the jeep came off the racks after being installed, I needed no alignment and the vehicle tracks straight and true. There are many choices for many budgets, just be cognizant about your keeping the vehicle aligned and within geometry spec as that will keep it trouble-free for years, this will save your expensive tires too.
Great advise, don’t assume every “kit” has everything you need. Example above with the Mopar kit you would likely need to add an adjustable track bar and possible adjustable front lower control arms. Not really that much added to the cost but needed to dial it in. It does come with lower control arms, however many are saying they are still a bit short due to the extra height. I’m guessing with steel bumpers, winch, etc. it will come down a bit. Love Fox shocks though form my SxS days.

Good luck

Last edited:

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
On my previous JK I ran a full set of RK arms. While they flexed nicely, living on the east coast, they required fairly regular greasing to keep the joints from seizing. I eventually swapped them out for the Metalcloak duroflex joints, made a surprisingly big difference in ride quality and nvh. Most importantly they are virtually maintenance free.
Thanks for the info. I have a Teraflex ST1 kit sitting in the spare bedroom as that was my original plan. As I might end up going back to because I feel a re-gear with 37’s would be almost certain and I don’t want to get into that right now.

Sponsored

Bossrubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur, 1950 m38
Dynatrac? It's only 2" but was highly rated at first but now you don't hear much about it? I am in the same boat as far as deciding on a lift for jlur. Was wanting only 2". Would love to hear some good suggestions.

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Thanks for the info. I have a Teraflex ST1 kit sitting in the spare bedroom as that was my original plan. As I might end up going back to because I feel a re-gear with 37’s would be almost certain and I don’t want to get into that right now.
I’ll be installing the ST1 kit on mine in the next couple days as well. Waiting for a manufacturer to release a 1.5” coil lift for owners that plan on never going bigger than 35’s with their rubicons.

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be installing the ST1 kit on mine in the next couple days as well. Waiting for a manufacturer to release a 1.5” coil lift for owners that plan on never going bigger than 35’s with their rubicons.
That would be great! Not sure if I want to run 37’s being my daily and all.

blackwell32

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
And to follow up Chocolate Thunder, it's also important that whatever lift you purchase that your new kit correct the caster on the front, some kits DONT do this (Thinking Mopar here) as there's no correction provided. I chose the 2.5" Teraflex Sports ST2 kit, it came with Lower Control Arms that performed that correction, so when the jeep came off the racks after being installed, I needed no alignment and the vehicle tracks straight and true. There are many choices for many budgets, just be cognizant about your keeping the vehicle aligned and within geometry spec as that will keep it trouble-free for years, this will save your expensive tires too.
How do you like the ST2 kit. And what shocks are you running. Was thinking about this lift. Its one of my top choices as far.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like the ST2 kit. And what shocks are you running. Was thinking about this lift. Its one of my top choices as far.
Love it, Awesome lift. I've got the Falcon 2.1's installed. Highly recommended in my humble opinion. Also, have the Falcon Nexus 2.2 steering stabilizer installed as well. Very happy with Teraflex.
Sponsored