Best 2.5" lift available?

miklz02

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JLU
Have a 2018 sahara looking at doing a 2-2.5 lift.....was going to go with mopar, but some of the reviews haven't looked so great...anyone have this lift or is there a better one out there ? Thanks " I'm new to this "
Sponsored

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Check out Clayton Off Road. I ended up going with their entry level 2.5 kit with Fox shocks. They are right up the road from you in Connecticut. They have been making lifts for Jeeps for years.

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
When I did everything i got the JKS JSPEC 2.5". Really great ride and it does come with the quick sway bar disconnect. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but its super simple

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Most people are going to recommend the lift that they have because there’s probably few people if anyone that has had more than 1 on their JL because it’s so new. Also, what your goal is in lifting the Jeep comes into play as well as what your useage and preferences are.

Purely aesthetic? Mud? Sand? Rocks? Budget? Is comfort more important or performance? Are you good with maintaining things or want something you can install and forget? How important is warranty coverage to you? There’s more. I know it seems like a lot, but unless you’ve got money and time to burn you want to get this right the first time and be satisfied with the results.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I have the 2/2.5 Rough Country suspension lift. I love the look and the quality of the components. I’m not happy with the ride. It’s too harsh. I expected at least stock ride and it’s nowhere near that. Feels like a rock. Maybe I’ll get used to it.

Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
And to follow up Chocolate Thunder, it's also important that whatever lift you purchase that your new kit correct the caster on the front, some kits DONT do this (Thinking Mopar here) as there's no correction provided. I chose the 2.5" Teraflex Sports ST2 kit, it came with Lower Control Arms that performed that correction, so when the jeep came off the racks after being installed, I needed no alignment and the vehicle tracks straight and true. There are many choices for many budgets, just be cognizant about your keeping the vehicle aligned and within geometry spec as that will keep it trouble-free for years, this will save your expensive tires too.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
The Mopar 2" lift actually lifts the jeep approximately 3.5". So if 2 to 2.5" is what you want then you dont want the Mopar lift.

Reactions: JC7

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

Have a 2018 sahara looking at doing a 2-2.5 lift.....was going to go with mopar, but some of the reviews haven't looked so great...anyone have this lift or is there a better one out there ? Thanks " I'm new to this "
Do the MOPAR

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

And to follow up Chocolate Thunder, it's also important that whatever lift you purchase that your new kit correct the caster on the front, some kits DONT do this (Thinking Mopar here) as there's no correction provided. I chose the 2.5" Teraflex Sports ST2 kit, it came with Lower Control Arms that performed that correction, so when the jeep came off the racks after being installed, I needed no alignment and the vehicle tracks straight and true. There are many choices for many budgets, just be cognizant about your keeping the vehicle aligned and within geometry spec as that will keep it trouble-free for years, this will save your expensive tires too.
Can’t go wrong with Teraflex

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
The Mopar 2" lift actually lifts the jeep approximately 3.5". So if 2 to 2.5" is what you want then you dont want the Mopar lift.
I'd expect it would settle down a bit with use, a bumper/winch install, and a few tools in the back?

Sponsored

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
I have the 2/2.5 Rough Country suspension lift. I love the look and the quality of the components. I’m not happy with the ride. It’s too harsh. I expected at least stock ride and it’s nowhere near that. Feels like a rock. Maybe I’ll get used to it.
Tweaking tire pressure a bit might help? What are you running for on-road tire pressures? Also, if you are running E load rated tires, they can be quite a bit stiffer. Final thought: any chance your shocks are adjustable? If not, and tire pressure does not help, you might need to swap in a different brand of shocks.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
When dealers are saying the mopar lift is poorly designed ...its probably worth avoiding.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wait for the AEV lifts to be released. They rigidly test before rushing to production.