best 2-1/2" lift for JLU Wranger Sport

FTBaseballfan

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I am currently looking at a JKS J Konnect 2-1/2 " lift JSPEC121KFP with Fox Shocks - does anyone have a better recommendation?
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
First, I don't think that will be a 2.5" lift for a sport. When I look up that kit number most sites note it is a 2.5" lift for a rubicon. that would mean it is a 4" lift for a sport. (sahara is .75" higher than a sport, and Rubicon is .75" higher than a sahara, or roughly 1.5" higher than a sport)

I have nothing bad to say about JKS, but I would not recommend the lift kit as it is spec'd. That lift kit includes fixed length control arms, and for that money you have multiple options out there that you can pair with adjustable control arms.

I have yet to see any fixed control arms that actually make people happy. (other than using fixed arms from the mopar 2" lift, with a stock rubicon suspension)

I am running the rancho2 - 3.5" sport lift with the RS9000XL adjustable shocks, and teraflex alpine IR adjustable control arms.

The only control arms that you really need to change out for the lower lifts will be the fron lower & the rear upper. (those are what are included with the kit you are looking at, they simply are a fixed length)

In terms of adjustable control arms & track bars, there are lots of really good brands, Teraflex (Alpine would be a less expensive set than the Alpine IR that I am using), Metalcloak are also really good, and LOTS of people on the forum love them.

I would suggest that the only parts you should NOT mix and match, would be the coils & shocks. you need the coil spring rate, and the shock valving to be setup to match.

Hope that helps a little.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
To my knowledge, skyjacker differentiates on their site. But that’s the only brand that i know of that has sport and rubicon “specific” lifts.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Yeah, most seem that way. Ranch used to have 2 different kits, 3.5" sport, and 2" Rubicon, but now they have a single kit that is 2 - 3.5", and they simply include both sets of bump stops so it will work with any.
Sponsored